Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Dishonored (Spoilers)

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Who's playing, who are you playing, how far are you, and what's your playstyle? I had to walk away from the Playstation because of my absolute fury and rage at one of the levels. So I'm making this thread instead. Gives me something to chat about while I-

While I try to puzzle out how to go about Kirin Jindosh's Willy Wonka mansion without getting two shot every step by those clockwork soldiers. REEEEEIII.

But yes. Thoughts, reviews, etc.

K9

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
I want this. Finished the first one twice, one regular, one low chaos.

I'll get when I finish school for the year. 2 months of kick ass.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
THIS GAME IS MY LIFEBLOOD, IT CAME ALONG TO SAVE ME.

Low chaos Corvo is gonna be my first playthrough, probably high/medium chaos Emily after that. Low chaos run means not killing anything or being spotted, which is proving to be more difficult this game than the first.

-K9

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
low chaos is no murder, ghost is not being spotted

getting the achievement for it in the original game was probably the hardest thing i've ever done in a videogame

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
low chaos is no murder, ghost is not being spotted

getting the achievement for it in the original game was probably the hardest thing i've ever done in a videogame
Yeah, but I was just explaing what I meant by saying 'low chaos', as it's easier to do low chaos while also getting ghost.

Getting both for the first game was easily done, the only bit I really struggled with is incapacitating that lad with the two whiskeys. It took me a lot of goes to figure out how to do it.

Dishonoured 2 is proving to be even more difficult, especially mission 4.

-K9

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
don't have 2 yet, how is it compared to the original?
It's good, really nice to play. The core system and feel to the game is still there - it barely feels like a different game, just a better looking one. often with sequels, i find that devs mix up how the game plays and feels too much. Corvo has more powers, and you can upgrade them more, which is really nice.

I haven't played Emily yet, but my only gripe is that the story plays with a canon that is low chaos from the previous game, and doesn't take heed to how you specifically played.

Hearing Corvo talk was bizzare and took a while to get used to, but once I did, I quite liked it.

On 4th mission, ~10hrs played, 8.5-9/10

-K9

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
does it still have like 4000 coins per level but it seems like you can only find 500
I'm not sure, I've not had any issue getting loadsamoneeeeey, but that could because of the longer run through the stealth option. Not sure what a chaos run would be like, but I'm averaging around 1500 coins per level, but end up spending them all in the black market right away

-K9

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Yeah, but I was just explaing what I meant by saying 'low chaos', as it's easier to do low chaos while also getting ghost.

Getting both for the first game was easily done, the only bit I really struggled with is incapacitating that lad with the two whiskeys. It took me a lot of goes to figure out how to do it.

Dishonoured 2 is proving to be even more difficult, especially mission 4.

-K9
I just finished Mission 4 about three seconds before posting this. Jesus Christ it was a pain.

don't have 2 yet, how is it compared to the original?
I think this one is much better. It made it a lot more difficult for stealth playthrough, and there's a lot more options for problem solving. The AI on the guards is.... frustratingly better. There's a lot of coin laying around, according to the mission scoring. But like K9, I only get between 1000 and 1200 of it. I'm not always thorough with my scavenging though.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
How does the Corvo story play (no spoiler plaese), does it fit good with the plot? I heard the Emily one fits well at least.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
How does the Corvo story play (no spoiler plaese), does it fit good with the plot? I heard the Emily one fits well at least.
Based on what I've put together, both storylines are basically the same, with some dialogue changed to fit the character you're playing. I haven't played both myself, to confirm. But based on the ones I've talked to who are playing the other side of the coin, it seems to correlate for both stories being similar/same.

Spark

Broken
Is anyone playing it on PC, max graphics with decent fps? I want to get it because the first one was awesome but the steam reviews are putting me off.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Is anyone playing it on PC, max graphics with decent fps? I want to get it because the first one was awesome but the steam reviews are putting me off.
My roommate is. He had to turn Vsync off to do it, but he hasn't encountered any problems since.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Alright so I got this, did a non lethal, ghost play through of Corvo to mission 4 at the 'Willy Wonka' mansion, finished it pretty easily, though not ghost-

Now starting an Emily play through ... 75% kill rate and 37 assassinations later. I like Emily.

it's easier to do low chaos while also getting ghost.
I will say the murder rampage mission was pretty easy to get ghost once I killed everyone. I feel as if Ghost is easy to get if you go to either extreme, nothing in the middle though.