Divine Spell Critique

Solus

:eyes:
Staff member
Server Owner
However, I had assumed that management kept a certain level of respect for the principle of the matter, case in point changing the tavern at SL when it was found to have been a copy without credit. That sentiment seems to have changed, and is noted.
Your sarcasm aside, the sentiment has never changed on plagiarism on this server. I am asking you not to play on hypotheticals when it comes to legal action on this server as your tone implicated it in that manner. This becomes way more serious than it is offhandedly made to be, when you're vocal in saying you're not definite about it either. It's an act of decency I expect from players and would from you, as well. The matter with the tavern was done so privately while you're airing this out. This can be handled privately as well.

Rygan

Rygan.
Mystic
I'm not really concerned enough to get worked up about anything. If you think they're fine as is then keep them as they are. My intent was not to spark up a legal debate or create any tense conversation.

Solus

Staff member
Server Owner
I'm not really concerned enough to get worked up about anything. If you think they're fine as is then keep them as they are. My intent was not to spark up a legal debate or create any tense conversation.
I'd still honestly like to know what you mean by freeform combat and how you roleplay that so I can understand where you're coming from. I'm aware you're nor party to what pyrocide is saying.

Rygan

Rygan.
Mystic
I'd still honestly like to know what you mean by freeform combat and how you roleplay that so I can understand where you're coming from. I'm aware you're nor party to what pyrocide is saying.
Traditionally like - take Breakwater's battle for example, where we had such a large group of people emoting and fighting that it would be impossible to track who went when and all that stuff. Combat rounds is fine as a concept for one on one stuff but when you have multiple people in a CRP everyone acts whenever they get the chance to. I get that there is some semblance of a 'round' but as a caster or person being cast upon it's hard to objectively understand when a new 'round' has begun. Saying things like half damage or halved movement speed is, again, fine. I understand the intent and I am not saying it makes the spells impossible to understand. In the context of how we emote and play on Hollowworld, however, I think it's better to focus more on the RP aspect of it.

Yes, the ground tremoring and cracking would slow you. But I believe it's better if this is conveyed like (for example) 'the tremors cause uneven terrain and cracks in the ground, impeding movement severely.' There's no trying to consider what half of your speed may mean with something like this - you should be emoting tripping and slipping on your way to where ever you're going, naturally achieving the desired effect anyways. Failing to do so would be a great example of powergaming. The mechanics Hollowworld has currently contain basically nothing game-like aside from rolling is what I mean by free form. Introducing terms and descriptions that are less RP focused takes away from immersion and is unclear, I think.

I understand not everything may be intended for PVP, but there's no doubt in my mind it will be used for PVP.

Solus

Staff member
Server Owner
That makes sense to me. Much like Scardrac’s explanation. The intention of these spells exposure are for smaller parties that can have things explained in the moment. But I can see how having spells that have larger ranges or vague descriptions should have better explanations. It’s happened before for arcane spells, recently. We can slowly build on this for spells in general as a work in progress.

Rygan

Rygan.
Mystic
Everything is WIP so I just wanted to chime in before more got written is all! Thank you for taking the time to figure out exactly what I meant.

Solus

Staff member
Server Owner
Hello thread- We've worked on adjusting the text for some of the spells pointed out. I've listed what was change. Hopefully this is what folks were pointing out and that it'll work out in-game.

BoredBrit

Lord of Altera
Legend
I'd say there are some unnecessary nerfs when placed in comparison to arcane, however I am a fan of quite a bit of what I see in the newer state of the divine system. Can't wait to see further revisions and additions.