Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Do you think Stories/ fan-fic's count as art?

Does Literature (stories, Novels, fan-fic) count as 'Art'?

• NO why the heck would you think so?! (me: ...D':)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dinogirl

Legend of Altera
Okay so something kinda bothering me for a while. Do you think that Literature counts as 'Art'?
Art is usually mentioned as an image, something you look at and not necessarily read but I think diferently. Art is something that a person puts time into whether it's good or not; people put much time into writing stories and books and novels so shouldn't they be considered equal? As a writer, I know this. I've been working on a Minecraft/ Yogscast fan-fic since about December and I'm still not finished -_-#
I've put in much work into the story and posted it on DeviantArt but I'm not sure whether you'd call it art or not.
Please tell me your opinions about this subject and if you want to read my fan-fic http://adderstarleader.deviantart.com/gallery/35249001#/d4paih5
Here ya' are :3 I'm always adding to it and I hope you like my 'Art' :D

matyio

The original mute
Put simply yes, it is an art. Writing, drawing, things like that are all arts. In effect so are any sports you do, eg the art of boxing, is the thing I forgot what I was going to say -_-