Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Dominator046's Re-Application [Approved - Charybdis]

Dominator046

Lord of Altera
ABOUT YOU!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Dominator046

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Indeed! I've reread all of them just recently!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
  • Metagaming is a behaviour in which a player in control of a character uses information inaccessible to said character in their decision-making.

• Powergaming is a behaviour in which a player in control of a character disregards the agency of other characters, dictating the effect of their actions, or their actions outright. This also includes a player portraying their character as having significantly more impressive abilities justified without roleplay.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Zero-Tolerance! Not allowed whatsoever.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
The ones I could identify are Ayda, Charybdis, Vincentius, Niko, and Tiberione.

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hello! I'm Dom, and I have a lot of varied interests. I love studying history, people, cultures, and all sorts of things. I love stories, and that interest takes me deep into books, comics, cartoons, movies, videogames, and other things. I am a martial artist, practicing HEMA. I am a university student in America, and someone who enjoys writing. Naturally, roleplaying falls right into these interests, and I've been doing it for a long time now! I initially joined HollowWorld a year ago, before a series of complications took me out of the online roleplay sphere.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
In a few different places! I have a blog I haven't maintained in awhile for roleplaying guides, and I have pages I've placed in other roleplay communities that can still be found today!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Nope! It was google that lead me here initially..

-=-=-=-

Character Name:
Aedelric af-Adahn, sometimes called Aedelric Adahnsen

Character Age:
49, Born PC 2245.

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Aedelric af-Adahn is a fully grown man taking in the bold features running in contrast to the typical image of a low-born pastoralist, weened under a naked sky. He stands at a height of roughly five feet and ten inches tall, with thoroughly muscled build honed from his life outside of city-walls, and his long life of shield and spear and sword. Aedelric’s shoulders sit broadly upon his frame. His face maintains a square structure, set with a moderate jaw, undefined nose, proportionate eyes of fair center on his face. His features are set with a full beard, often forked into braids. Atop his head is an autumn mane of long flaxen hair, flowing wavy and strong. Sitting in their sockets are two deep green eyes with all the hues and strength of that wilderland that birthed him. Upon this form run several scars, suggesting to the dangers a man may withstand; three scars in particular show on Aedelric: three different laceration scars placed upon the left half of his face; the smallest one dangles just below his left eye, another rides just below the cheekbone, and another runs from beside his chin all the way across his face to end underneath his ear. Aedelric keeps hold of most of his teeth, not perfect, but fitted and colored reasonably so due to good hygiene. All the while his imposing nature is backed by a fire in his eyes, and his voice beckons deep with the strength of the indomitable mountain forest.

Picture of the Skin:

-=-=-=-

Written Test:
The evening brought the passionate breath of autumn that swept about the crisp leaves of amber, gold, and crimson. The brilliant light of the twilight sky flickered like flames across the forest and surrounding meadow-hills, all while Aedelric sat atop a small, weathered boulder and simply watched in silence. Much had changed in eight years, since the bloody days of the Exodus, the time of ceaseless death and splintered shields. Long had Aedelric been a soldier, days during the fighting of Port Silver, the Pantheon of Fourteen's establishment, and the feudal infighting. Even still then did Aedelric face the black grasp of doom, as it spread in the years after. Aedelric could not remember the sleeping, nor the screaming of those days, only the silent flashes of terrified, screaming peoples fleeing the end of all they knew.

Aedelric's eyes flickered like those of a hawk in flight, towards the clattering of stone against the placid water of a nearby spring. A young man, much of his own image, skipped stones idly while his father ruminated wordlessly. Aedelric's son wore a face of focus, making to trick the stones into swift paths across the reflective pool.

All was not lost, in the end. Many were gone. Aedelric's friends and birth-family. No great heirlooms of ancient tradition did Aedelric carry, nor the simple things of childhood innocence long burned into memory. The only thing with Aedelric now, after the dread night of the old world, was his family. A doting woman who was his wife, their two children, and those to whom Aedelric kept as close as kin. To them, they were his world, those which he would have given his life a hundred times to that horror of unliving hell. That dreadful image of walking corpses which still plagued his nights some. The ceaseless hunger which did very near almost claim him, and his family whole.

New days dawned, with the promise of life yet to live. Aedelric had long laid down his arms, his armor gone to wear and assault. Now was the time of sowing, of tending, of bonding. Lurking uncertainty and hope of great days to come again. Aedelric smelled just as well as the hickory which caught the brisk autumn wind, that terrifying prospect; hope.

"Father," Aedelraed spoke turning to his father, "why is it that when we sit out here you say so little?"

"Well," Aedelric said back to his son as he rose, "it is a certain silence that comes as the sun burns upon the horizon. You know I am not much a godly man, my son. No learned reader. No kingly blood have I. I listen as the godsmen say of the omens, and I live my life as any man may. Even so, I feel that as day dances into night, the spirit of those things gone from this world may touch those that yet linger here. The times when gods and men echo evermore."

Aedelraed had never met his grandfather, and so the conversation became a loud silence. The young man was but a boy when Aedelric's world seemed to end, and what he recalled of those days was perhaps murky. Aedelraed's sister was even younger, and she could at times recall the oddest details. Vallory would remember the color of sails on the boats and how they fluttered, though barely were her legs able to walk the deck. Aedelric's wife, Verilia, had spent her years with the children while Aedelric worked, at times travelling far to provide in times of strife. Times were not so much easier, with a new world needing built out from the sheer land itself. Though, Aedelric never did shy from hard work, and fortunately he had passed that quality to his children.

"Well, I think that makes sense, though your stories sometimes make more sense than what the priests say. But, father," Aedelraed said after running a hand through his blonde hair, "what do you see when twilight comes? Are you looking for something?"

Aedelric mused at his son's question, impressed by the manner in which his own child seemed to grasp ahead at the curious taste of mystery. The older man would give a small laugh. "I see many things Aedelraed. In one hand it holds peace, in the other it clutches sorrow. I do not think I look back to things that are gone, but they look to me. I yet live, and so I owe it to them to live as best I can. That involves handling a wily young man while his mother cooks, and the sister pesters his mother with just as difficult questions!"

Both men laughed, smiling before coming together in arms. Aedelric knew that days ahead may need a shield, or a plow, or a few words groomed from scarce grey hairs. Aedelric could only greet each day as it came and passed into the twilight. For tomorrow was never a guarantee, and ever onward do those who live walk in the shadows who came before them.

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Welcome back! Your application is looking good, but there are a few points that need to be adjusted before it can go through.
  • Powergaming Definition: Your definition is correct but incomplete. Try thinking further of aspects that powergaming can be seen beyond player interaction, and have another look at the {King's Law} if you need.
  • Character Appearance: We do not have Nords on Hollowworld, as they are a creation of The Elder Scrolls. While we have a similar human subculture, Norvagen, they are a subculture no longer able to be created unless you had already had this character when you were last whitelisted, through the application process and such for Norvagen at the time.
    • If this is an issue of older lore at the time when you were playing, please let me know, and I'll forward it over to staff to sort it out as to not write over your character's already played history.
Please reply to this thread when you'd like me to have another look. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me or another mentor.

Dominator046

Lord of Altera
Hello, Charybdis!

That Nord line was a slip. Spent too much time digging through Skyrim mods recently. I also noticed a few typoes that my spell-check introduced, fixed those. Just as well, I touched up my definition of powergaming!

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
All good, welcome back.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+