Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DrewMuzz's Application [Accepted - Snerus]

DrewMuzz

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?=
DrewMuzz

2. How old are you?
Eighteen

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read theKing's Law,Tome of Citizenship,Official Lore, and theSurvival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using outside knowledge(such as things heard in OOC) to benefit you in game, whilst powergaming is attempting to create a RP character/stage that grants abilities greater than the norm to your character as well as forcing your ideas onto other people. For example, powergaming in a RP environment might include having an extremely descriptive action that does not allow for a free response from another player.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko(SirNocholas14)

8. Tell us about yourself!
I currently enjoy poetry/writing in my free time, as well as some recreational tennis. I love Emo Rock, Alternative, and Electronic music, along with other genres that I have yet to find a name for. My favorite video game is Skyrim, in part for its amazing modding ability. My objective for joining this server is to better my RP for tabletop games like D&D and Pathfinder; I have enjoyed amateur DMing and playing but lack the confidence to really roleplay beyond a dark and silent character. My shyness defines my life. I read through tons of positive reviews on PMC as well as see the amazing work of the GuildsMC account and I’d love to think that I could join the community.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I would like to think that I have potential as an artist for improvements in my 2D/3D art would reflect onto my building, for I am primarily a builder and a hopeful writer.
Building Portfolio

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No, but GuildsMC deserves praise for his work

About Your Character!
Character Name:
Tarkik (moon)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Strengths: Creative and Innovative (best snow-castles in the north!)

Flaws: Naive and Forgetful

Neutral: Distrusting, Instinctual

Languages: Basic Common.

Appearance:
Hair color:
Black, including average body hair.

Eye color:
Dark Brown

Skin:
Dark, keloids formed at certain points due to previous attacks from polar bears and the like.
“Husky”

Clothing:
Standard light faded blue hooded cloak, hiking knapsack, no shoes(but hidden well in wrapped cloth)

Nails:
Unnaturally Sharpened

Teeth:
Unnaturally Sharpened

Height:
about 5 ft

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
The snow of the days past had piled high in the valley. Its silence was only occasionally broken by the steady drip of the icicles forming around Tarkik’s nostrils as he slept against the ice-sheet wall. He dreamt of home, an icy cavern filled with the warmth of a single fire, and how much he missed that now.

He remembered how it all started, a supposed three day hunting trip with his father. In secret a plan to send him away from his overbearing mother, who had decided against allowing him to undergo the traditional rite of passage to see the world for a year and give her son the choice to either stay there or return home. Tarkik’s father let his son fall asleep on the second night knowing that his son would awake in the aftermath of many blizzards on top of him a week later with a letter that explained everything, a knapsack filled with fish and water, and the ability to dig his way out.

Upon opening his eyes, Tarkik mouthed to himself the common language of the lands of the Alteran continent that his father taught him, and reminded himself to keep covered unless he be spotted by a wild animal, or something worse. It had been long since he trimmed his nails, they were thicker and sharper than ever. He shook his head and tried his best to remember the date in Common, Fogwater? or perhaps Ghostmoon? He couldn’t remember what his father had said. Much to his dismay it was still night, perhaps he had slept for too long again. He was hungry. Taking the remaining hooks that remained in his knapsack and Tarkik created a make-do fishing pole by tying one of them to some twine in his pocket, which he tied to his walking stick. Padding around with his feet it took him only a minute to find a place where the glacier was thin enough to be quickly dug out. These spots occurred more often the further he traveled. Tarkik slid the hook across his leg hooking some bait which he proceeded to throw into the water with a plop. A fish came when the sun was on high, Tarkik ate it raw, it’s salty intestine taste unaffecting him.

He continued to make his way south over and under the mountains nearly impervious to the wet and the cold. Unbeknownst to him, he was a fall away from the northern fortress Rambar's Motte.

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there, thank you for taking the time and effort to submit an application to the server. There are some things I need to go over with you but I must first commend you on your knowledge and application of terms from the Alteran Calendar into your written test.

-First, your power gaming definition is correct, but there is another important aspect on top of what you wrote that we want to see. I recommend giving the Role-play Survival Guide a read through as there are specific examples on different aspects of power gaming.

-Unfortunately your character cannot have nails with enough tensile strength to bring down wildlife. I recommend that your character sticks with basic hunting skills and techniques.

-Having white hair for a 24 year old is not possible unless you mean extremely blond. Also, unless your character has hypertrichosis, he cannot have 1.8 inch long hair on average all over his body.

-A fishing rod unfortunately cannot be fashioned out of fish bones and your character's hair (Though that would be really cool). I would stick with your character using a regular wooden fishing rod.

-Again, I must praise you for the incorporation of the names of cities that have existed in role-play, but Stormhold no longer exists as Alterans have fled onto a new continent and the city never was rebuilt.

Again, thank you for demonstrating your knowledge of the server's lore and previous cities and I look forward to hat comes next.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Hey there. Apologies it's taken this long to get back to you with a response. I'll try and ensure the remainder of your whitelist application is taken care of as expediently as possible.

Upon review, some of the changes my colleague requested to be made have still not been fulfilled as of yet.

Of the two outstanding things to note, white is not a natural hair colour for humans on Altera, unless they are elderly (similar to real life!) and I'm afraid '24' is not considered elderly enough to justify said hair colour. If you are adamant about white hair, consider being an elf, or aging your character up.

Secondly, no language, no matter how primitive or secretive may be taught to your character without a lore and culture application. Humans may begin with knowledge of the common and elven language, and those languages exclusively.

Finally, there are still some very unrealistic portions of your backstory that must be addressed. I'm afraid that Niko's ruling on disallowing fish-bone fishing rods will be upheld in my review.

Your application will remain as pending until all the changes I've requested are made. Sorry again for the long wait!

DrewMuzz

Villager
The character no longer has white hair, it's no longer a fishing pole made of fish bones but a hook(which is possible/used widely), I will update to just remove the fish hook idea altogether and the extra language sense.

Snerus

These edits are required to be made in the actual written test, rather than just stated. Please, be sure to bump this thread when that's done! Thanks!

Snerus

DrewMuzz said:
Tarkik mouthed to himself the native tongue of the lands to the south of the Alteran continent that his father had “extensively” taught him
DrewMuzz said:
Taking the remaining fish-bone hooks that remained in his knapsack
DrewMuzz said:
Red stained his white hair.

Snerus

Thank you for making the changes I've requested. Upon review, this application seems to now be free of notable errors or inconsistencies.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.