Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Dreyes667's Application [Approved - Charybdis]

Dreyes667

Villager
What is your Minecraft username?
Dreyes667

How old are you?

What country are you from?
United States of America. Texas Specifically.

Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Its quite a lot of information. I read the rules, the basic lore of the world, and looked through the player guides. I will continue to read them as time passes, and refer to it as I learn and experience the server.

In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Uh, i'll try to give short and to the point answers.
Metagaming is providing information to your character that he would have no way of knowing. Something known to me (the player) may not be known to my character and he must be introduced to whatever it may be through RP.
Powergaming is making an over-powered action, such an action an force another player out of certain decisions. The power gamer will do this to put give himself an advantage.

Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Of Course not, this is unfair to other players.

Name one of our current Mentors.
Tiberione, Pick that one cause i liked the name.

Tell us about yourself!
Well, Im 20, I live in Texas. I don't go to college, i just work out in a lumber yard. I have several hobbies, Fishing, and Hunting are big for me. As well as Carpentry and woodworking, a passion taught to me by my grandfather.
I have taken more of a liking to metalwork, Did welding and blacksmithing throughout high school in our metal shop. I have my own home shop, nothing fancy. I also Love music, not a movie guy really. I love any music really, but my
favorite has to be country music. Although i love a lot of other genres, so lets talk about music! I also collect vinyl. I have 150+ in my collection. Im a cool, laid back nice guy, I rarely get upset, I love a cold beer and a good conversation,
I don't judge, Im a friend to all, and ill definitely take a toke of whatever ya go there partner.

Do you have any examples of your work?
I do have quite a few things id like to show. However it would take some time to compile. Once i get everything gathered, ill make a gallery and share it on the forums, ill make sure to include my metalwork, woodwork, and even Minecraft builds.

Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Typical late night bored google search. Hoping to find a great server to get me playing MC again, i love being apart of awesome communities and making buddies.

Character Name:
Dwalgrim Stonearm

Character Age:

Character Race:
Dwarf

Appearance:
Dwalgrim is a young dwarf, a sparkle sill in those dark brown eyes. His skin, tanned from years of hard labor. His hair, a deep and solid black like coal itself.
He is currently wearing a white linen shirt, its faded, and turning brown. Its anovious hand-me-down like the bown linen pant hes wearing patched up and faded.
Under his arm, a new leather work apron, and a old hammer that looks like its been repaired.

Written Test!

Dwalgrim, is the youngest of 3 to Rikardgrim Stonearm, and Alethia Bronzeoath. Rikardgrim, Or Rik, was a sellsword in his younger years, making coin using strength and cunning. And Alethia was a historian, she found coin in her youth working for a Library, and when she came of age she ventured off to learn about the world and the people and magics in it. Rik found himself being a hired guard for Alethia when she would investigate ruins. Alethia was fond of Rikardgrim, and the two began to travel from town to town together, selling what they found, and living on the road. The two over their adventure fell in love and had a daughter named Amythria in the Fall. The young parents raised a baby girl on the road, and were determined to keep up their adventures. However when Rikardgrim Jr. came 5 years later in the Summer, It was time for the family to settle. With the money they made over the years, Alethia's father sold his land to Rik, and here he built a smithy to make an honest living and they lived quietly for 8 years until the winter Dwalgrim was born. During this time Alethia’s father passed, and over the next 5 years fights began to break out between Rik and Alethia and tension in the house rose. One night, after a particularly rough argument, Rik Sr. beat Alethia, and tossed numerous of her journals and old tomes into the forges fire. Alethia left in the middle of the night, Taking the oldest daughter, some gold, provisions, and books with unfinished research. Rik Sr. left for 3 nights after them, but came back with no one. Rik Sr. would leave his sons home alone for nights in search for his girls, Leaving the young Rik Jr. to care for Dwalgrim. For years he searched, heart broken, he turned to drink, and over the years, he became a bitter alcoholic, the two sons forced to become men at a young age, and the family smithy became primarily ran by Rik Jr, the oldest son.15 years passed, Rik Sr. an alcoholic, and the young sons forging away day by day. On the night of Dwalgrim’s 20th birthday, in a tavern not too far from the farm, the 3 men drank in celebration. Rik Sr. had made it home to the house early and the brothers stayed to drink more until they decided to walk home late in the night. On their way home Rik Jr. was attacked by a thief, the thief demanded the boy’s give him anything of value or else he would kill them. Rik Jr. tried to go for the thief’s blade, however with one quick jab, the thief stabbed him, and ran off into the darkness. Dwalgrim carried his brother home several miles, and began to tend to his wound with the aid of his Father. However, the thief’s blade was poisoned, and there was no saving Rik Jr. he passed on in the early morning of the next day. Dwalgrim being an apprentice smith, and his father old and weak, the family forges grew cold since the death of the oldest son and the two sold the smithy for a small cottage. They lived in the small cottage for 2 years, Dwalgrim working as a farm laborer to make some gold for the two to survive, until Rikardgrim Sr. passed from heartache and old age. Now 22, Dwalgrim is alone, Left to survive and make a name for himself, and hellbent on finding his mother and his sister. He's heard word of a Master Smith looking for an apprentice, he hopes this is a new start.

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Your application looks good! I only have one note, please ensure your character's skill levels are at most amateur, as we ask skills be obtained in roleplay on our server (as it is mentioned he was a sellsword).

However, it all looks good to me. I'd recommend looking into Thordil Baramur, played by Jazzper , if you are looking for a master smith. I will add, as the dwarven community is rather small, the other people to keep an eye out for, off the top of my head, are Bartooliinii's Kublai, and Mongoose's Ronak. I believe {Aeroch Rimtar} is the main dwarven settlement right now, but as you can read below, most activity is currently centered in Linlea. Have fun!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+