Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DrRaynes Character Profile

DrRayne

I think I might like it here
Name: Amosphet Rayne

Nickname/Alias: Dr Rayne
Height: 170cm
Weight: 66kg
Hair: none
Eyes: turned red due to extensive exposure to nether energies
Skin: black & cracked, as if burned but still living
Identifying Marks: wears a hooded robe
Appearance: Fit, not too tall, a bit muscular & good posture. Acknowledging his looks & how they might disturb his fellow citizens, wears a greyish robe (and armor occasionally) in public at all times. A puff of reddish smoke might escape with his breath every now and then.

Story:

Following the destruction left in the wake of Corruptors & their forces, establishments for their perverted work were scattered over Altera. The residents of one were known to study the effects of the Nether on Alteran flora & fauna, corrupting innocent animals into blooddrunk, savage monsters & turning simple plants to killing men by entrapment and foul venoms & acid. Much of their work was lost in the destruction of these laboratories... atleast the ones the good Kings could find. Amosphet Rayne was born to an Alteran family. Kidnapped by the undead who murdered his parents & ravaged the village they lived in at the age of 2. Brought back with all the children to be turned into assistants & subjects, mostly just slaves to do the handywork of the laboratories. Not knowing his true heritage, Rayne did his very best to learn his captors dark arts & to become one of the leading figures of their ominous work - finally succeeding, and receiving a doctorate in monstrology. The title allowed him into the libraries of the Corruptors, where he found answers to many questions he had about his past. Furious about these newly founded facts he released the test-subjects and monsters onto their creators, and finally drowned the whole facility in molten rock, burning away everything he had ever known or called "home". For weeks he stayed in the wild, living off the land pondering his fate to come. One tuesday-morning, he saw a group of men & dwarves chatting in the base of a mountain - long he hesitated to approach them, but finally the weeks of solitude weighed too much on his shoulders, and he joined the group - who were pondering whether or not the mountain was a good place to start a town in or not. Later on the settlement was named Ascension Heights. As Amosphet was building a place to call home truly for the first time, he thought to himself: "They dont know where I came from or what Ive done, and they dont need to know. This is where i belong - with my kind."

The rest is recent history. After getting used to his newfound life and learning to socialize with the common folk, he was in charge of a few road projects, has worked as a diplomat for Ascension Heights & is trying to get a building permit through to construct a place to continue his studies in.