Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Druggos "R" Us

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Druggos "R" Us

Hello, I'm making myself a little game, and I feel like sharing it now that I have more than just a few lines of code. I thought of making this for a while now, so I can just drop down ideas/code/other things and getting a bit of feedback on it. This is also just a casual thing for me to do, so don't expect updates frequently nor regularly.

This is also a biiiig learning experience for me, being my first time that I've to go on a project this size, so bear in mind shitty code will appear most likely. I am always willing to hear out advice and listen to other ways to go about things.

The core concept of the game is that you're just a small time drug bunny, and you have to grow up to become the biggest and meanest drug leader there is in the world. Along the way, you can have lots of fun.~

So, with that all out of the way, let's jump right into the guts of it all

List of programs/languages/other stuffs:
- Python 3 and Pycharm: I chose to use these for the main fact that it's one of the easiest languages out there to get started with, that my Dad also primarily codes in Python, and that he's feeding me all the info I need to know about it. Pycharm was a no brainer to go with it, since it's one of the most comprehensive IDE's for Python, as well as the other languages I am going to use

- Flask, Jinja2, and HTML: I decided that I would want to make a web game instead of a purely python game, so I could incorperate that side of things into the whole shebang. Flask was the way to go over Django due to the fact Dad is also doing stuffs in Flask, and yea ... Pretty much that.~ Jinja2 templating language also came along for the ride with Flask.

- CSS, Bootstrap, and FontAwesome: Another no brainer in the way of design was to go for Bootstrap. Simple, effective and expansive, I couldn't go with anything else. As for FontAwesome, replacing Bootstrap's Glyphicons pack with FontAwesome's vector based graphics was the best move I could've made for their use.

- Javascript and jQuery: Again, another no brainer if I was going to use HTML ... They're just always there for the nice stuff.

- Spotify: Just ... Spotify. Mostly either Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Muse, or something quite like that

So that's the go, all the stuffs I'm using. Out of the lot, I have never/barely used:
- Flask and Jinja2
- Bootstrap and FontAwesome
- Javascript and jQuery

I know right! I've got a bit of work ahead of me.~

Post 1/4

Last edited:

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Development Roadmap

BUILD 0.1:
- Webpage template and working interactivity with it:
- Javascript and jQuery responsiveness, AJAX calls​
- Server side:
- Base variables
- AJAX handling for next turn, ect...
- SQLite3 savegames (Eventually)
- Game logic, see below:
- Can make the drugs:
- Pay for the purchase of materials to make the drugs
- Create the drugs
- Can buy upgrades to give bonuses​
- Ship the drugs:
- Convoy management and deployment
- Can purchase upgrades
- Track the convoys​
- General things:
- See stats (money, etc.) and their changes over turns for a base to base go
- Next turn
- Added Herobrine​

Last edited:

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Wow I did this a year ago ... Rip

Like 3 projects later, a whole year of effort, most of a rubbish course, and about 2 books later and I almost have something to show off (Not really but 2000 lines of code is 2000 lines of code.)