Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Dunons's application [Declined - Niko]

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Dunon Firehammer

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
UK

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Powergaming: Is when you force an action on a player or do an unrealistic action. *Would fly into the air and explode the planet with his laser eyes killing everyone.*

Metagaming: when you use information that you should not have access to in character because you didn't roleplay or achieved the information oocly. Example: reading a conversation on the other side of a stone wall oocly and then using that information in character for whatever reason.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
no

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
223hero7 (223Hero7)
8. Tell us about yourself!
Hi, my name is Spencer in 25 and from the UK I have been a big fan of fantasy and RPG's for a long time. I've played games for awhile getting back into Minecraft with a few friends
in order to bring back the dwarf kingdom.i recently been playing Rogue Trader as an alien. been looking at getting into a fantasy setting with lots of other people.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
N/A

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Friends from skype

Character Name:
Dunon firehammer

Character Age:

Character Race:
dwarf

Appearance:
An older dwarf but much wiser. He is 4ft 2" and has a rather nice orange beard like many of his family. His skin is rough but not like that of a warrior he spends most his time on his work in the lab instead of the mines. His skin is pale and his eyes brown the looks of a true fire hammer dwarf.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
It was another day in dungeon's life as he made his way down the hollowed hall of another dwarven city smaller than the ones he recalls from the past yet still shines with pride from his people. He would stop to look over the railings into the depths of the mines and breath in the minerals that reminded him of home and his clan. as he turned and kept walking he would converse with a few other dwarves, they talked of war, and ale, and most things you would consider dwarven. It was nice to stay once more in the company of hearth and kin not to be cast out into the rain and snow like some rat. He was a smart dwarf he prided himself on his work and many a hold welcomed him to let him take his approach at a problem they were facing. He was by no means a master but he had learned enough about the trade's he could handle himself in an intellectual debate.

He made his way to the lab where he took his seat assessing all the bits and bobs of the tables. Things like beakers and test tubes laid out with various rare and common minerals from the mines. He started his work on understanding the problems the mine had faced. It had come to his attention that a new metal had been found and he was put in charge of studying its characteristics. He gave a long sigh before looking over the strange metallic object it was a combination of many types of minerals and nothing actually new to his people. Displeased with the lack of new minerals in the object and therefore a new challenge to face, He decided that it maybe be time to leave his home to look for a new land with new challenges and experiences.

He began his preparation by preparing supplies of food, water and most importantly Ale. After which he began to seek out other like minded kin to join him, but to no avail. While he sat downhearted in the meed hall, a well lit room full of tables, stools and many merry and most likely drunken kin he over heard a most interesting conversation between two of the younger kinsmen. The most drunk of the two was talking about an place called Altera and how a few kins people had headed there to find new lands and restore the glory to the dwarven people there. Finally a place to go, others to join and new Adventures awaited him.

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

Last edited:

223hero7

Lord of Altera
Howdy, howdy! While I like your application, there are a few things about it that we would need to see changed before it could be accepted:

- A character cannot start out as a master in any given trade or skill, in your case this would be mineral/composite identification.
- Your test sadly falls just short of the 400 word minimum.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hello, sorry for the wait, I'll be evaluating your application from here on out.

First things first:

-Good job on the elaboration but you're test is only at 312 words, you just need 88 more words to.
-You mentioned that he could separate the elements in the test. Alterans don't know what periodic table "elements" are and also mineral separation like that cannot be done on an already formed alloy. Don't worry, you can role-play learning metallurgy with other characters to learn. We ask that people start off as novices so that they get to enjoy working their way up in skill with role-play.

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
"I'm sorry, but your application has failed to meet the criteria listed in the application template and has been declined. Please carefully read and follow all the instructions to pass the application test."

I encourage you to reapply with the same or a different character, but you have to remember that novice skills means a little above the minimum amount of knowledge one has in a certain skill. We really encourage people to start off this way because it is far more fun and enjoyable to Role-Play learning and working their way up rather than through backstory.