Dynmap Custom Icon Submission

Antilogy

#ImNotKiddingMaddi
Retired Staff
Staff are happy to announce that custom Dynmap icons are now available! Just in case you haven't noticed, we've placed one on the dynmap <here> to show you what we mean.

This thread will be to submit custom icons to us so that we can upload them to dynmap. This is not a thread to request placement on the map-- for that, go here: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/dynamic-map-markers.28467/

You must follow certain parameters, or your custom icon will not be accepted. Staff have discretion to deny uploads based on not complying with the instructions given herein.

Custom dynmap icons are either 8x8, 16x16, or 32x32 pixels in size. While you are free to submit any of these sizes, keep in mind that the default icons are 16x16, so an 8x8 will have less detail and be smaller, while a 32x32 will have more detail and be larger. If your icon is not one of these sizes, we won't accept it.

The file must be a .png If it is not, it will not be accepted.

All icons must have a transparent background. Any icons that are not transparent won't be accepted.

The icons must be original work that do not violate copyright/trademark laws. You can't submit for upload a Nike symbol, for example, unless you have permission from the Nike shoe company.

The icons must be period and lore appropriate and serve to identify your faction. Sigils, flags, crests, symbols et cetera are okay, as long as they comply with the aforementioned rules. For example, if copper is banned, you can't have a copper crest. If you want to submit generic symbols for other factions to use, please contact staff. There may be a radiant reward. If you are willing to make custom icons for other factions, we'll put you on a list of artists for people to choose from.

The icons must have a unique identifier, preferably one that uses the name of the faction. Keep in mind, you won't be able to use icons submitted by others without their permission. For organization's sake, the icons should therefore be named after the faction using it. "Hawklight Sigil" "Anhald Crest"

The icons must be submitted here. If you post them anywhere else, they won't be considered.

They must be appropriate. If it contains inappropriate material or symbols, it won't be accepted. Please don't submit letters or numbers, as those are too generic.

We all take pride in our server; if an icon is not of high enough quality, we may not accept it. Instead, we'll work with the submitter to find an artist to make the submitted image stand out more. We encourage you all to submit your very best work.

Now that you've read all that, here's the form:

Image: (attachment or link, must be .png)
Image Name:
Faction:
Image Size:
(8x8, 16x16, 32x32)
Original Artist:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Image:

Image Name:
Anhald County
Faction: Anhald
Image Size: 32
Original Artist: cap

Image:

Image Name: Anhald Capital
Faction: see above
Image Size: 32
Original Artist: also cap

Last edited:

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Willing to make custom crests, as per usual. They'll be made full-size and I'll then scale them down as need be.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Image: marker.png
Image Name:
Basic Hawklight Sigil
Faction: Hawklight
Image Size: 32x32
Original Artist: Myself

Image: bsmarker.png
Image Name: Blackstone Hawklight Sigil
Faction: Hawklight
Original Artist: Myself

The former is for all territories excluding the capital. The latter is for the capital.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Image:

Image Name:
Ouroboros Sigil
Faction: Fuvur
Original Artist: Moi

Just to confirm; this won't change Sanardú by name on the map? I just want the scales replaced with that image, not sure why faction/image name are important unless I missed it (which is entirely possible).
Co-ords/Location here:
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/dynamic-map-markers.28467/page-15#post-646510
faction names are important for cataloging it

also the abermore manor on the dynmap is called 'abermore manor' or something and the icon is 'abermore crest' so i think you're good

roopot

The Great Leper
Staff member
Image:

Image Name:
Ouroboros Sigil
Faction: Fuvur
Original Artist: Moi

Just to confirm; this won't change Sanardú by name on the map? I just want the scales replaced with that image, not sure why faction/image name are important unless I missed it (which is entirely possible).
image name is so we can use it in commands, faction is so we can track it

NIAH

Secretly Elz
Retired Staff
The icons must have a unique identifier, preferably one that uses the name of the faction. Keep in mind, you won't be able to use icons submitted by others without their permission. For organization's sake, the icons should therefore be named after the faction using it. "Hawklight Sigil" "Anhald Crest"
faction names are important for cataloging it

also the abermore manor on the dynmap is called 'abermore manor' or something and the icon is 'abermore crest' so i think you're good
If our region isn't affiliated with a House/Faction, are we then banned from having custom icons? Compendium was designed to exist outside of factions and politics so that anyone can travel there without fear of political infraction. If you need to have a faction in order to qualify for the custom icon, that'll be rather sad. :c

Antilogy

#ImNotKiddingMaddi
Retired Staff
If our region isn't affiliated with a House/Faction, are we then banned from having custom icons? Compendium was designed to exist outside of factions and politics so that anyone can travel there without fear of political infraction. If you need to have a faction in order to qualify for the custom icon, that'll be rather sad. :c
unaffiliated is fine. its done for tracking purposes.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Can I make a serious request/comment here?

I think we should standardize all icons as 16x16 because the x32 sized looks weird and oversized compared to the rest.

OR

Upgrade the resolution on the other icons to x32

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
Can I make a serious request/comment here?

I think we should standardize all icons as 16x16 because the x32 sized looks weird and oversized compared to the rest.

OR

Upgrade the resolution on the other icons to x32
I really like the look of the 32x32 on the map. I think they look nice :D

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Retired Council Member
Image: Icon Banner.png
Image Name: Shink'maho Crest
Faction: Shink'maho
Image Size: 32 x 32
Original Artist: Lady Alec

Edit: Cap pointed out it was a pixel too large. It should be fixed now.

Last edited:

Antilogy

#ImNotKiddingMaddi
Retired Staff
I've gone through and added the icons submitted so far, as they all look fine. You should now be able to request the icon you want in the dynmap marker placement request thread. Check the second post of this thread for the name of the icon you want to request. Remember, if you are not the submitter of the image, you must have permission from the submitter to use the image (i.e. Abermore can't use Anhald's crest without their permission).

Cymic_

Lord of Altera
Image: dynmap...png
Image Name:
Sangria Symbol
Faction: Sangria Regime
Original Artist: Meeee, it sucks. If anyone would like to recreate it for me, i'm willing to pay rads.

EDIT: Ready to be added.

Last edited: