Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Deceased Émeric de Ćourtnay | Dead

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

“ I will place character above riches, and concern for others above personal wealth, I will never boast, but cherish humility instead, I will speak the truth at all times, and forever keep my word, I will defend those who cannot defend themselves ” -King Arthur, Le Morte d'Arthur: King Arthur and the Legends of the Round Table

Current Status: Dead

Personal/Knightly Shield:

Name:
Émeric dé Ćourtenay

Titles: Lord of Devalois, Duke of La Marche DO'r, Vassal of The Crown of Lavoyard, The Golden Heir, and Patriarch of House de Courtnay
Past Titles:
Comte (Count) of Delavois
Second in Command of the Royal Legion - Resigned
Command of the Legion Cavalry - Resigned

Signature:

KEY INFORMATION:

Race: Ethnic Arcturian Human

Social Status: Noble member of the King's Purple court, and heir to Family de Courtenay as well as Duke of La Marche DO'r

Sexuality: Straight

Height: 6'0

Weight: 150 Pounds
Date of Birth:
21st Day of Lightshine, Fireday - 2242, Year of Outbreak
Date of Death:
2242, Year of Outbreak - Godsent, 1st of Springrise, 2260 - Season of Frost

Homeland: Lavoye

Current Home: Chateau Devalois

PHYSIOLOGY:

Build: Light build, muscles built from years of training and fighting, recent events and depression causing his face to lose its colour and become thinner then before.

Hair: Long and black, reaching down to his shoulders often seen pushing it back behind his ears.

Eyes: Deep Blue, family trait the blue being almost the colour of the deep sea and with a lack of emotion.

Skin: Pale

Identifying Marks: His eyes, a deep deep blue shade.

Appearance: Well defined body shape and face, thin.

Clothing: Finely made deep blue doublet with black silk sleeves, made by Harper Debrown.
Weaponry:
-Acutran Longsword, forged by Lucius Sword reforged into a new blade, made on his terms instead of others.
-Lionheart, A longsword and family heirloom wielded by the founder of the family, Ser Lancel de'Dore.

Prized Possessions:
-The remains of the first lance that dehorsed @Tybalt in the Rentaus
Tournament
-The golden dagger that symbolizes him as the patriarch of his family.

Hygiene: Clean as possible, less care to his appearance then he had before the war.
Voice:

At 0:23~

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:

Strengths: Riding, Jousting, Fighting, Money, and Gold Smithing.
Fears: Water, more often than the open sea.

Weaknesses: Find out in RP~

Intelligence: Cunning.

Languages: Common, Layoyard.

Profession: Knight/Lord

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:

Religion or Cults: Faith to Ignis Synove, Church du'Feu.

Alignment: Lawful Good
Short Term Goals:
Become a Squire @GregorWaldstein
Joust in tournament Placed second!
See his House seat fully built
Long Term Goals:
Become a Knight
Find a wife
Continue the family line
Lead House de Courtnay honorably.

BACKSTORY:

Émeric was born 12 years ago to his father, Mathias and his wife Emmason. Mathius was a miner by birth, and soon he was given ownership of his parent’s small mine. With this new-found ownership, Mathias moved his wife and newborn son into a very small house on the land. The family stayed together happily until 6 years later, when in the mine gold was found..
This thrown the whole family lifestyle aside, the mine was packed with this ore, and soon the family income increased. Soon Mathias was selling to noblemen, kings, and anyone with the funds to afford it. This caused him to become wealthy VERY quickly. He hired men to build a bigger house, and then started to make journeys by chart to sell the gold, this demanded the hiring of armed guards for the trips and to guard the mines. Soon lords started to visit the household, the family was on track to a noble status, this utterly shocked Mathias, changing his lifestyle so quickly.

With Mathias making journeys to deliver his goods, the mine and manor were often left alone surrounded by the guards. Soon these guards became very restless, soon they started to cause chaotics around the manor. On a quiet evening, Émeric heard the distant cry of a woman's scream, he ran to this curious of what caused it, to find the guards beating the woman, Emrick ran forward, trying to stop them by pushing without any result, the guards looked down at him with a glare of utter evil, and instead moved to take it out on the child.

To maintain the secret, the guards told many lies to cover up for the boy’s injuries, and much to his disappointment his parents never believed the truth. This made Émeric a sense of weakness and soon made him very fearful and scared. Sadly to make matters worse his mother soon fell to childbirth to Emric’s Sister, who also died soon after. Yet the beatings keep going, as his father went into a deep depression. The guards keep beating him until his 12th Name day, when his father told him on a trip with them to sale the gold.

This time, his father had rented a small ship and a few guards to sail along the shores and sell the goods. Outside of the southern shores of the island, a storm started to brew, and soon the ship was fighting large waves without much luck, the sail was battered and destroyed and soon a rogue wave came to finish the boat..

RELATIONS:

Loved: -
-Anastasia du Lavoyard, his fiance. (@Sir_Ashington) Distant.
Fleur de Courtnay , His sister in a non-romantic way. (@Princess Wizard Laura) Presumed dead, never once heard of her capture.
Engaged To:
-Anastasia du Lavoyard @Sir_Ashington currently distant in his vision with his fiance, borderline loneliness in general his depression causing him to feel more distance between them then what is probably true. (@Sir_Ashington )

Respected:
@Valonyx King Thorius Du Lavoyard
@Megadonkey30 Crowned Prince "Barthe" du Lavoyard

Trusted:
If you're in respected, you're likely trusted.
Befriended:
- Doc Azoth @Tomato150
-Sheila (@bettemus99 )

Liked:
-Adiella, A nice lady, he sees her as possibly a good friend. (@bettemus99 )

- Ser Of the Tulipfields @Sir Andrew Wallins
- Lady Ylva @Woolsey
-Harper Garrow
-Adrianne du Lavoyard (@The Courier )
-Ainle Souski

Neutral:
-Queen-Mother Valerie de Beaumont Lavoyard (@BrianAT16)
-Joseph Debrown (@zXzMAGIIKzXz )
-Tomari Souski (@Princess Wizard Laura )

Unsure of:
-Tybalt (@Tybalt )
-Lucius (@Gregor)

Wary of: -
-Rebellion in General.
Afraid of: -

-Scardrac
Disliked:

Hated:-
-Drake Rock (@Ace19)

My in-game name is: PaintAlt

Armour and Weapons:

Jousting Armour:

Combat Armour

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
IN DEPTH RELATIONS:

Fleur de Courtnay: His beloved sister, raised along side her with only a few years between him, he believes it his duty to protect her, and will gladly die to ensure she lives on. Fleur often speaks sense to Emeric as well, getting him to realize his own faults and admit then solve them. @Princess Wizard Laura

Lucia
de Courtnay; Emeric's beloved cousin, being raised with her and Fleur, Emeric is very close to Lucia and values her as a presence in his life. (@Sir_Ashington)

Emperor
Barthe du Lavoyard: Barthe is not only an member of the royal family and son of Emeric's liege lord, but he also considers Barthe to be more then an Lord and Prince, but his own friend one of the few Emeric trusts and calls his friend. Emeric believes Barthe has quite a bit of skills that would make him an wonderful leader and soldier. Since his father's "Death" Barthe has taken the throne, and Emeric believes he is the perfect leader as well as a good fiance to his sister. @Megadonkey30
Anastasia du Lavoyard: Anastasia has proved to be an wonderful person and Lady, Emeric enjoys her company and enjoys her logic and knowledge and wishes to spent more time with her. He feels as of Anastasia (Ana) understand him, and he would wish to spent every moment with her. @Sir_Ashington

Thorius: Emeric's respected Liege-Lord, he sees Thorius as the best leader of his people and believes and trusts in his word; Glady risking his life for Thorius. In truth Thorius presence also sends chills down Emeric's spine. Since his resuction with Ignis, Emeric now sees Thorius as a religious figure, and therefore his respect for him has gone up. @Valonyx

Duc Azoth: Emeric's dearest friend, Azoth was the first person he befriended in Lavoyard and he still considers Azoth to be an good friend of his and sees his words of advice as strong and wise. @Tomato150

Lucius: His mentor and father figure since Emeric's parents died, he looks up to Lucius and wishes to follow in his footsteps of understanding, honorable leadership. Emeric highly respects Lucius even thinking back to his trial to become his squire, he would be no where without Lucius's teaching, tho he refuses to ever admit to it; Lucius's death would crush him. Since the events of the rebellion, Emeric has become very unsure of Lucius as a whole, curious what TRULY caused his actions instead of the lie and slanders he spreads, he still sees room for forgiveness. @Gregor

Queen Valerie de Beaumont Lavoyard: His soon to be Mother-In-Law, he has no opinion of her yet, but seems to get the vibe that she doesn't like him; Which is curious to Emeric seeming as he has done nothing wrong or out of place. (@BrianAT16 )

Themes:

Pictures of Emric:

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Journal Entries;

Entry 1, OOC Date; Saturday, December, 20th, 2014.

Darkness, it what I remembered moments before awaking in the halls of the Grand Temple bits of my memory scattered like ashes into the wind; as I tried to gasp at what I could form. I guess today was one of honour; my first battle and my first honour gained on the field; yet it feels.. like nothing like it was just my duty to do so. It came naturally to me, gasp my sword listen to what my commander ordered and do as I am told, as I think back the words "Faith before Emotion" come and replay over and over.

I expected my first /Real/ combat to be different; maybe fields of stomped out grass and the colours of a lighter blue, perhaps with a anchor? Or maybe that was just fiction created within my own mind. What I faced today was nothing more then something out of the "Tales of Ser Lancel" a dragon, I remember the smell of burned flesh, and Prince Lucius informing me of his state and leaving, yet I do not remember his wounds. We chased that bloodly dragon across what seemed like the whole continent, fighting with a new found fury to ensure the survival of our own nations and people. I was heavily wounded and taken to Silas, healed and I awake with sudden weight of something new; a feeling of pure rest, happiness even...

I fear no darkness.

Entry 2, OOC Date: Sunday, December 21st, 2014.

Thunder and then crash, waves crashing against the sides of the ship; water starting to weigh down the wooden supports of the ship, men running around me; Yet there is no ship, no ship, no water, and no wooden supports. Then flash, flash with a cringle and an tighter grip thunder roaring outside my home; the truth morphing out from memory, shedding a beautiful light of reality. What truly is the judge of reality? Something with a fade, darker shade or something much lighter? Only Ignis knows truthfully.

My life is becoming something normal, moving on its on in a similar way each day. Awake, ride, speak with builders union; and then return home to hear news from those around me. Its not my own world; nae it is built on others. I have noticed the simple break from my journey to speak with strangers is bright and new; Not only that, the happiness of my family is my true motivation to keep moving.

Que la sainte lumière brille toujours.

Entry 3, OOC Date:
It is easy to pass judgment; But hard to pass judgment in a position where you are expected to do so.

Entry 3, OOC Date:
How does one know they are made for anything? Am I to await for an message from Ignis? perhaps an bright shade of sunlight beaming down as I take my first step to my finished estate? I am trapped in this never-ending circle of stress; from a varity of sources, the accounting of the family funds in order to supply the builders and pay wages, The cost of claiming lands and having them carved down to the pure bone and flesh.
Perhaps;
my judgement of Drake was wrong, yet my feelings of him change quite a bit, his behavior seems rash and unthought of, yet he strikes true.. My.. conflict with Drake feels as if I am under water and he is an stone' dragging me farer and farer into the oceans of my own anixety, worries and fears.
Do I truly fear no darkness? Am I shaming my family, or trying my best to lead honorably? I was never taught leadership, yet I am trying to lead the best I can, I pray that Ignis grants me strength in my heart and in my judgment.

Entry 4;

Recently a new light shined into my life, or in better terms into the garden in which I live; A purple rose growing strong, I have tried to remove said rose from the dirt; yet it grows back stronger. I have tried to move it aside with the other flowers, and yet it always seems to slowly make its way past the brick slabs keeping it off the path and therefore off the red soil. But it seems to not want to stop, its roots are digging its way into the earthly feelings of the garden, where at this rate; it will not leave.

Entry 5;
Recently a thought has entered my mind; Ignis comes into the realm as the form of an firebird, from what tales I have heard, an bird made of a bright light and winged with flames itself, raising from its ashes to something greater upon its death.

Is that any different from dying and then returning to Ignis? We burn our dead to ash the same way the Firebird loses its flames and turns into ash. Like the bird we rise above as a spirit to the next realm, is this any different from the form of Ignis?

Entry 6;
Failure. A cruel word, yet one that has pierced its way into my life today not even one smashed lance, not.even.one damn broken lance. How could I make such a shame of myself? I should took my awful practice with Bronn as a hint, yet I still rode what a foolish mistake the whole realm is probably spreading word of my failure.

Entry 7:
Oh how I wish I could simply see my purple rose more, between the tournament, training, and Delavois I've had way less time to spend with her then I did before. I simply wish we got do away with the waiting and marry; But I must let Fleur marry first, she has been engaged the longest it is out of respect for her relationship, But gods do I love that rose.

Last edited:

Woolsey

Lord of Altera
*Sits down, and shakes her head.* I am nice, and I get "Unsure of" and lucius yells at you. and he is "Neutral!?"

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
*Sits down, and shakes her head.* I am nice, and I get "Unsure of" and lucius yells at you. and he is "Neutral!?"
Ylva is down as unsure due to the fact that Emeric has yet to meet her and has only heard bits about her :p

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Majorish Update!

due to the /Death/ of Armin Emeric is now my main :)