Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Outdated [Era of Foundations] House de Courtnay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
*Looks at the coat of arms* That looks goddamned familiar. *Checks his royalty poster* ...That bastard is related to Henry VI?! That's cool. *Thinks to himself* Or you are overthinking this and it was jus used cos it looks cool and has relations to the French coat of arms of William I...
Spot on.. I used it because of the Blackrose's English roots and the de Courtnay's french roots, the two coming together, works on one sigil~

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I like it xP. What caught my eye was the triple lions and I was like... -_- not my country m8...then I looked into it and it made sense xD but still...The idea is pretty cool.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Interested?

Good to hear, if you have interest in playing a family role and none is open, please contact me and we can make a reserve for the future, however, if you wish to play a non-family related role (Servant, Handmaiden, Cook, Squire etc) You can fill out the application below and I will review it, no promises, but I hate saying no!

OOC:
IGN:
Timezone:
Skype Name (Can be send privately):

RP:
Character Name:
Character Race:
Role:

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
I just realised that House Hammond (Almond), House Brus, House de Courtnay and House Hotspur all share the blue-eye trait :p

Delta_61251

Lord of Altera
OOC:
IGN: Delta_61251
Timezone: UTC-7:00
Skype Name (Can be send privately): Delta 61251

RP:
Character Name: Lyno
Character Race: Silver Elf
Faith: Jishrim, but he keeps it hidden
Role: Squire

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
OOC:
IGN: Delta_61251
Timezone: UTC-7:00
Skype Name (Can be send privately): Delta 61251

RP:
Character Name: Lyno
Character Race: Silver Elf
Faith: Jishrim, but he keeps it hidden
Role: Squire
Noted.~

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
I hope to see yer face on the server soon enough, got a char that needs to speak with you :p

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

The once quiet keep of Mountain's End roars with sudden activity as builders, hired by House de Courtnay, flood into the lands surrounding the keep, tents being pitched as the sound of building rings through the walls of the castle, the building of Avignon has started. However, rumors are spreading as the plans of the city are debated, some claim the city to be a modern artist's dream, a city, formal, and rich in resource and skill, others debate a large church being built in the honour and glory of Ignis Synnove, the surrounding lands to be set as a home for monks and priests, but what is true?

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

The Statue of Ser Lancel, in Avignon infront of the Cathedral Of Saint Magnus.
Blessday 14th of Winterfest, 2260 - Season of Decay
The beginning of the family is told mostly in tales and stories, most of these tales relating to the ‘Age de la Création’ or in the common tongue; The Age of Creation. This period told in story and writing from the family dated years in age, tells the tale of the founder of the Family de’Dore, the direct family the House de Courtnay gets it own blood from. Many tales exist of this figure, for he is a bit of what you would call ‘Prince Charming’ of the family, having long beautiful locks of golden hair, and sapphire, deep blue eyes. His story, however, coated in glory, honour, and great maidens, starts off humbly in a fishing village along the coast. He spend his time here, later moving into squirehood.

Lancel spend many years training, his knight was an elderly, yet strong and wise knight by the name of Ser William di’Winiex, He was elderly, yet he taught him well and Lancel learned much with him. However, this is where the tales of Ser Lancel become lacking in truth, many accounts claim that he earned his knighthood by taking a force of men after the death of Ser William and lead them to victory, outnumbered largely. Childish tales, but ones that are not without merit; These tales encouraged the pursue of Knighthood within the family, each wishing to do honour in Ser Lancel’s name. However, his legend has pronounced two items of great importance to the family, Couronne de la Famille or simply ‘Crown of the Family’ that was a rumored gift to Lancel from a local Baron during his age, and the sword of the family, Lionheart.

What is truth from his story is unknown all that is history is his knighthood and other small tales; Many other tales have past and been told about Ser Lancel and his stories, from tales told to children, concerning great knights and slaying dragons, from tales of romance and great battles. The hero of the family and a virture, a virture that has inpisred many men of the family to become knights, in the hope to follow in his path. Ser Lancel's ashes were laid in each crypt of the family, from the Keep of La Marche to the city of Avignon, under the castle of Mountain's End. An urn, jeweled and coated in gold, inscribled in Old Arcturian. The sword of Lionheart still lays within the family, however mostly used as a display item.

Status
Not open for further replies.