Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Era of Renewal] Duché d'Artois | Overlook

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
RCr20x6.png

C'est mon droit par dieu.

The flag of the duché: A golden fleur upon a field of blue. Such reflects both the previous and current owners, with the fleur being used in the de Courtnay family armourial achievement. The colours are so to reflect the current owner's own personal achievement, being gold and blue.

Lyon as a duché spans from the eastern coast to the central Imperial marches, a heavily wooded land of oak. It is quite possibly the only remaining province in the realm that truly remains in the old ways of Lavoyarde, both in culture and language, as demonstrated by it's ruling house of de Courtnay.

Ruler:
Dame Regent Njorun de Courtnay

Ruling House:
House de Courtnay

Hierarchy:
I: Dame Regent Njorun de Courtnay
II: Branch Heads
III: La famille de Courtnay
IV: Vassal Nobility
V: The Rest

Official Language(s):
The main language spoken in the duché is Lavoyarde which is reflected through it's culture and the various signs and naming of buildings throughout.

Official Religion:
Ignis Synnove, and her Angeli.

Settlements:
I: City of Lyon - Njorun’s Regency
II: Fort Sungrad - Francis’ Seat/Njorun’s Regency
III: Chateau d'Ciel - Sebastien's Seat
IV: Flanderport - Port Town
V: Chateau d'Lowe - de Courtnay stronghold

Military:
The duché has no standing military as of yet, but there is talk of reinstating the Garde Dorée as the household guard of de Courtnay and the city watch. All men over the age of 15 will be conscripted into such a Garde at times of war, to fight for their liege.

Relations:
House Bayard - Friendly/Allied (Archbishop )
House Eberhall - Allied (Paint )
House Holztorc - Allied (SirLuamTehDoge )
House Iding - Vassal (Fishymatt )
House Kane - Neutral (Elz )
Clan Shink'maho - Allied (Cukie1 )

Resources:
- Lumber
- Arts
- Statues
- Coin Mint

Climate:
The climate of Lyon is much alike that of the west of France, it typically experiences marginally cool summers and cool but not cold winters. There is no 'dry season' within the duché and rainy spells are rather unpredictable.

Culture:
The Culture of the Duché has two primary influences the first being that of House de Courtnay itself and the second being that of the Lavoyarde, which, akin to the Province d'Avignon, is still practised within the Duché.
I: Lavoyarde Culture - [X]
II: House de Courtnay - [X]

Credits:
Paint for the format and alot
of inspiration for the content.​

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Archived Eras-
View attachment 82240

C'est mon droit par dieu.

T
he flag of the duché: A golden fleur upon a field of blue. Such reflects both the previous and current owners, with the fleur being used in the de Courtnay family armourial achievement. The colours are so to reflect the current owner's own personal achievement, being gold and blue.
-
Lyon as a duché spans from the eastern coast to the central Imperial marches, a heavily wooded land of oak. It is quite possibly the only remaining province in the realm that truly remains in the old ways of Lavoyarde, both in culture and language, as demonstrated by it's ruling house of de Courtnay.

Ruler:
Comte Maceo de Courtnay I

Ruling House:
House de Courtnay

Hierarchy:
I: Empress of Kaltstaat
II: Comte Maceo de Courtnay
III: La famille de Courtnay
IV: Vassal Nobility (Knights, Minor and Major Lords, etc.)
V: The Rest

Official Language(s):
The main language spoken in the duché is Lavoyarde which is reflected through it's culture and the various signs and naming of buildings throughout.

Official Religion:
Ignis Synnove, and her Angeli.

Settlements:
I: City of Lyon - Maceo's Seat
II: Fort Sungrad - Carlos' Regency
III: Chateau d'Ciel - Sebastien's Seat
IV: Flanderport - Port Town
V: Chateau d'Lowe - de Courtnay stronghold

Military:
The duché has no standing military as of yet, but there is talk of reinstating the Garde Dorée as the household guard of de Courtnay and the city watch. All men over the age of 15 will be conscripted into such a Garde at times of war, to fight for their liege.

Relations:
House Bayard - Friendly (Archbishop )
House Eberhall - Allied (Paint )
House Holztorc - Allied (SirLuamTehDoge )
House Iding - Vassal (Fishymatt )
House Kane - Liege House (Elz )
Clan Shink'maho - Allied (Cukie1 )

Resources:
- Lumber
- Arts
- Statues
- Coin Mint

Climate:
The climate of Lyon is much alike that of the west of France, it typically experiences marginally cool summers and cool but not cold winters. There is no 'dry season' within the duché and rainy spells are rather unpredictable.

Culture:
The Culture of the Duché has two primary influences the first being that of House de Courtnay itself and the second being that of the Lavoyarde, which, akin to the Province d'Avignon, is still practised within the Duché.
I: Lavoyarde Culture -
[X]
II: House de Courtnay - [X]
Credits:
Paint for the format and alot
of inspiration for the content.​

Last edited:

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
No Bayard relation?

Especially given that Henri is a vestige of old Lavoyard and can speak Lavoyadian?

Also, I've been to IRL Lyon before. Nifty place.