Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Evacuate the Sorrows

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
The current Sorrows map will be deleted in 3 weeks. A new one wont be created until it is destroyed.

So retrieve all your stuff, unclaim chunks if you want. But don't leave any valuables there, as it wont be safe for long~

This will become a regular thing, the sorrows wont be safe to camp in anymore.

Mychunk Issues

Mychunk has been broken for ages without even realizing HOW broken it was, mostly because it's a very specific bug, but it threatens everyone's chunks in the sorrows. It has a very high chance of being removed on the map reset (I'm gonna go with 95-98% chance), so the sorrows will have no form of protection anymore.

If mychunk isn't fixed by the reset, the sorrows will go under a 'testing' period of how an unprotected PVP enabled resource world works with Altera, roleplay and trade. If it goes well, it will stay as is, if it goes badly, there will be efforts to find another plugin to do the same job as mychunk.

Edit: Also considering disabling lockette and LWC in the sorrows as well-

More edits because I'm forgetful: Disabling lockette and LWC in the sorrows is only considered to encourage people keeping their items safe in the main map, it will make it MUCH easier to reset maps in the future and wouldn't require as much as a warning "Boop, new sorrows in, have fun." basically.

Last edited:

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
And what about people such as myself who made permanent residences with the intention of continuing our subscription only to have the subscription option no longer offered?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
And what about people such as myself who made permanent residences with the intention of continuing our subscription only to have the subscription option no longer offered?
EULA changed a lot that we didn't expect, we can no longer offer a service that would get the server in trouble.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
EULA changed a lot that we didn't expect, we can no longer offer a service that would get the server in trouble.
I understand that the option to pay money for the service cannot be offered. But I was told that ideas for the transferring of plots from one Sorrows to another were in the making because of people like myself that were under the impression that their builds would be safe.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I understand that the option to pay money for the service cannot be offered. But I was told that ideas for the transferring of plots from one Sorrows to another were in the making because of people like myself that were under the impression that their builds would be safe.
There was plans for such and I considered charging 2500 rads per chunk to be transferred, however, that defeats the entire point of the sorrows, giving the impression that things/chunks/items would be safe and stay safe regardless of time/transfers/whatever. The Sorrows is meant to be dangerous and unpredictable.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
There was plans for such and I considered charging 2500 rads per chunk to be transferred, however, that defeats the entire point of the sorrows, giving the impression that things/chunks/items would be safe and stay safe regardless of time/transfers/whatever. The Sorrows is meant to be dangerous and unpredictable.
So you wait to tell me now?

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
No one alerted me that I was meant to give you special treatment
Oh no, not me in particular. ALL the subscribers that made permanent homes in the Sorrows that were not notified of this change of plans. However, I'm certain that I will be the one most adversely affected by this.

I payed for chunk transfers, despite the fact that:
that defeats the entire point of the sorrows
And now that I can no longer pay because of EULA changes, I'm going to be told "tough luck"?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Oh no, not me in particular. ALL the subscribers that made permanent homes in the Sorrows that were not notified of this change of plans. However, I'm certain that I will be the one most adversely affected by this.

I payed for chunk transfers, despite the fact that:

And now that I can no longer pay because of EULA changes, I'm going to be told "tough luck"?
Let it be clear that any payments you make to Hollowworld have no association with Mojang or any of their partners. It is not a guarantee of service and does not make you immune from the ban hammer if you grief or display bad behaviour that breaks any of the server rules which can be read here.
From the donation page

Edit: So yeah, pretty much "Tough luck", we can't make promises that things will stay the same forever. Things change, EULA was always there but Mojang decided to enforce it and make the servers aware of what they were and weren't allowed to do.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
From the donation page

Edit: So yeah, pretty much "Tough luck", we can't make promises that things will stay the same forever. Things change, EULA was always there but Mojang decided to enforce it and make the servers aware of what they were and weren't allowed to do.
I'll speak to Somnastra.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
After quite a lot of consideration, I believe a decent offer would be that of a WE diamond exchange for the Sorrows Transfer: 32 diamonds per chunk. Would that be reasonable?

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
So uhm I'm confused. The sorrows will be deleted and we won't get a new world?

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Yeah, old one gone in 3 weeks and new one once it's gone? That's normal right?
[Sorry I've been awake for too long and my first sorrows thing]

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Yeah, old one gone in 3 weeks and new one once it's gone? That's normal right?
[Sorry I've been awake for too long and my first sorrows thing]
Normally there's a heads up of the sorrows being deleted, then a new one is made either immediately or in a week or 2, generally people are given 1 month to evacuate their items~

dogbew

Lord of Altera
I for one am happy about this new update, the old sorrows' caves and natural resources in general are drained up. Not only that we have a chance to mine up the new (granite?) blocks as well as perhaps finding the underwater dungeons, that'll be sweet.