• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Event Player DM Roster

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer

Event Player DM Roster
Most Events need a Dungeon Master to help players interact with their surroundings or create scenarios for them to overcome. Here, I'd like to help players connect to find or list their availability in DMing for anyone requesting it. The DM in question must always follow the Kings Law and the Lore of the server. The scope of their abilities are around interacting with the Flora and Fauna of Lore, puzzles, using npc groups (cults/bandits). You've the right to say you can't DM for another player.

Restricted from being played:
+Arcane and Divine Magic
+Elementals
+The Supernatural
+Extinct or Non-existent races and cultures​
1. What types of DM'ing have you done?
(Dungeon crawls, player combat overview, Raids, Exploration, Anything on this server?)

2. Would you say you were new to DMing, have already experienced some event leading, or a fair expert?

3. Do you prefer organizing an event whole by yourself, to work with the one requesting aid, or to have an event setup and just DMing what's been sent to you?

4. HW players have a range of how serious they take their roleplay- from light exploration and silly rolls to serious dramatic battles. Where do you feel your DMing style fits on a free form spectrum?
(Do you take all actions seriously with sense of suspense when risks are taken? Are you more about having players enjoy the event? lil' a both? Something else?)

5. How much prior notice do you need before being asked to DM? (1 day notice, weeks notice, etc)

6. How many players can you generally be DM to?

7. Are there any strengths/weaknesses in your DMing? (bad DMing Combat, good at Dming beasts)

8. Extra Notes?

Credit:
Solus
Elz

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Certainly. We also have beasts that can be played. A trapped haunted house or labyrinths, can be made. Small sieges and combat can be helped with. etc.
What's the justification behind allowing haunted houses when the supernatural isn't allowed? Is it meant to be like a carnival one?

Solus

Solzilla
Staff member
Server Owner
What's the justification behind allowing haunted houses when the supernatural isn't allowed? Is it meant to be like a carnival one?
Yes, you can play around with redstone traps, have fancy paintings on the walls and generally ruin a nice inn or manor to look spooky. I had that in mind and didn't connect that one would immediately think of supernatural if I said 'haunted', sorry.

Balatro

Secretly both Niah and Elz
Retired Staff
About 10 dungeons, including Dming and designing 3 I ran when I was staff, One of which had 60 people in attendance. Thieves guild events, Solo Survival Dming, Spooky ambiance and mysterious maze for one of the eyes of Silas events. Sarrows camp. I'm probably most known for DMing the Azerport invasion. Lots of stuff.

2. Would you say you were new to DMing, have already experienced some event leading, or a fair expert?
Expert.

3. Do you prefer organizing an event whole by yourself, to work with the one requesting aid, or to have an event setup and just DMing what's been sent to you?
Im a professional improviser, I've been teaching people to improvise for 5 years. So I just yes and whatever im given. \

4. HW players have a range of how serious they take their roleplay- from light exploration and silly rolls to serious dramatic battles. Where do you feel your DMing style fits on a free form spectrum?
I try to tailor to my players when I DM. Personally I prefer things light hearted tell the call for intensity comes.

5. How much prior notice do you need before being asked to DM? (1 day notice, weeks notice, etc)
a day would be fine. Unless its something that requires building or special attention

Anything more than 10 and the players no longer matter. It becomes a puppet show with an audience of angry cats.

7. Are there any strengths/weaknesses in your DMing?
Im very good at ambiance, puzzles, and parkour. I can do combat but not PvP

8. Extra Notes?
When I was brought onto staff 3 years ago I was told I was going to be on the events team. It never happened. Let me in the game coach.

Rossu

Lord of Altera
I've done primarily DMing for both D&D and another tabletop RPG called Godbound. Both involved a fair amount of story writing and the ability to multi-task.

I would say that I am experienced in terms of being a table-top DM, and fairly new to DMing over the medium of the server.

I would prefer to work with a DM that requests it. It would prove to be a fair learning experience.

I feel my DMing style could fit within a lighter tone and narrative, but I would be willing to work in a more serious atmosphere. Providing a fun experience within the confines of the event would be desirable.

5. How much prior notice do you need before being asked to DM? (1 day notice, weeks notice, etc)'

A day to a week prior is preferable.

1-8 maximum.

7. Are there any strengths/weaknesses in your DMing? (Not DMing Combat, good at Dming beasts)

As it says above, I'm not the best with DMing CRP, but creatures and beasts would fit right within my style.

8. Extra Notes?
I'm largely still learning how to DM and wish to figure out the right way to do it over the medium provided in the server.

Charybdis

Trash Whirlpool
OwO What's This?

I've temped for events but haven't DMed. I've been around enough to know what good DMing is, however.

New.

Anything works.

Serious with brief punctuation of silly relief.

A week, probably.

4-6

7. Are there any strengths/weaknesses in your DMing? (bad DMing Combat, good at Dming beasts)
I need practice setting the mood and atmosphere.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
All the kinds in events, player events, campaigns, and spontaneous.

Expert on the HW species of DMing.

I do what I want.

Events should be fun and bear consequences. Entertainment doesn't strictly mean amusement if players are invested.

I can DM in my windows for things people ask me to DM or my own things.

idk 1-6

I can DM all the things.

8. Extra Notes?

Solus

Solzilla
Staff member
Server Owner
To clarify: can we still acquire a DM that does not carry their Dungeon License™️
I’m not sure what you mean..
The thread is to display available player DMs for events when someone needs it. If there are players who don’t make a post here, they can still DM privately for their groups

Jak

Magus of Nothing

Dungeon crawls, encounters with bandits/wild animals, other such things of that nature. I'm not a massive fan of DMing inter-player combat where both sides are playing characters as it drags on often and there's plenty of argument.

I wouldn't say expert, but I've DMed a few Pathfinder campaigns and events in game.

Don't mind at all. I do like the designing of events/adventure paths however.

Depends on the tone of the event, to be honest. If it's a casual treasure hunt I'd be more than willing to throw in some humour.

Depends on the day, but normally no more than one day's notice. Instantly will also be a possibility at times.

I wouldn't feel entirely comfortable with more than ten players, unless the event was specifically tailored to such.

7. Are there any strengths/weaknesses in your DMing?

Inter-player combat.

8. Extra Notes?

I'm a hoopy frood. I like to produce artwork for events too, such as maps and such, so even if you don't want me DMing I could produce some simple resources.