Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Event-Town] Eventine Town [Old World]

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
THEME SONG:

Region's location:

South of Fort Sevren
North of Zima'Maloj

Packman 02.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Short Region Description:
This region will offer RolePlay to different professions and skills of character.
It will accommodate this through area's that are only accessible by characters with the specified skill.
It will mostly be nature, with a few buildings that are necessary for certain skills, such as 'Thieving'.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventine Relations:
This town will be the base of The Packman, a character you can read more about here. <-- link

The Packman is a character whose sole purpose is to hand other players quests and give everyone
something to do (by doing so, I give myself something to do). You can read more about it here. <-- link

Friendly towards Zima'Maloj
Friendly towards Fort Sevren
Area’s of Eventine:
(the bold highlighted letters are codes on the signs In-Game.
Remember the code of your skill to know which area's you can access)

Eventine Fields:

· Gatherer (also: Herblore/insects)
· Hunter

Eventine Town
· Stealing
· Getting equipment for all skills.
· Adventure

Eventine caves
· Adventure
· Fishing

Eventine River
· Fishing
· Gathering (also: Herblore/insects)

Eventine Forest
· Hunter

There are more skills to do, through colony rp.
These skills envelop construction, woodcutting, mining, farming.
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/southern-altera-colony.37117/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Elaborate Region Description:
This town has the purpose of giving people some roleplay who cannot find roleplay on their own.
Those who went on Packman Quests know the way they work:
  • You receive a storyline
  • You figure out the important key elements of the story
  • You go out and seek what the packman told you about
  • You find roleplay (a place to loot, something to slay, a puzzle to solve, etc.)
  • You return to the packman with the items you found, and he rewards you.
This town will accommodate that, and much more!

I intend on making a place for every kind of character there. Not to live, but just to visit every now
and then. This means you cannot (normally) live in this town. There won't be an application form to fill in.
Instead, people remain at the regions their characters live in, so I'm not spreading out rp too much.
I'll give you some examples:
  • Your character is a warrior -> There's a cave somewhere with a bear that needs to be slain
  • Your character is a thief -> There's a house somewhere with loot to steal
  • Your character is a herbalist / alchemist -> There's some special plants scattered around the town for you to find and gather.
  • Your character is a carpenter -> There's a special tree with very good wood especially to make furniture.
  • etc. etc.
I will place minecart-chests (which can be opened by anyone without perms in the region) with the
loot, so you also have an actual IC award for your character performing his/her skills. There will be a
town message that will say you may only take what your character would be able to perform.

Some skill-chests have rare items in them that are not connected to the skill! :D

Some examples of skill-chests of each skill:
GATHERING:
Gathering.jpg

HUNTING:
Hunting.jpg

FISHING:
Fishing.jpg

STEALING:
Stealing.jpg

ADVENTURING:
Adventure.jpg

Town Features:
This town will be truly riddled with quests for your character to stumble upon!

This town is IC only. I'd hate seeing people hang around there using local chat. If you want to
chill with your friends, go to the region you and your friends are always at. I say this once again,
because I don't want to draw RolePlay out of towns, rather offer RolePlay when your friends are not
online or when you don't have any RP inspiration.

You'll be able to RolePlay your Thief character here! Thanks to BrianAT16 , we now have an
amazing system for stealing in towns, which he allowed me to use.

Locked Doors- (This info will also be available in a book In Game)
These doors are clearly marked with information about what key is required to open the door and what level of lock it is.
  • If you have found a key or stole a key from another player you must leave the key in
    a
    chest in the market square and the door will open. For the sake of keeping track
    of keys, you may only use a key once. So once you have finished your thievery, you will
    no longer have the key should you return again.
  • If the door does not require a key, you may attempt to pick the lock. Note: You must emote picking the lock in RP chat. Also there will be absolutely no roll modifiers.
    • Novice Lock: Roll a d20, anything over 4 is a success.
    • Apprentice Lock: roll a d20, anything over a 8 is a success.
    • Adept Lock: roll a d20, anything over a 12 is a success.
    • Expert Lock: roll a d20, anything over a 16 is a success.
    • Master Lock: roll a d20, require a natural 20
  • If you fail to pick a lock then follow the next rules.
    • Roll a d2
      • If a 1, you broke the pick in the lock and cannot attempt to re-pick the lock for one full OOC week.
      • If a 2, you may attempt to re-pick the lock and repeat the previous steps until you're either successful, or you break the pick inside the lock and cannot retry.
At first, the region might just be a few plots of lands with herbs to pick for herbalists.
It will have more features the larger it grows!

This town will be mostly claimed plots that will remain quite like the state they are in when claimed. There won't be that many alterations and mostly I'll just keep the environment as it is. So I won't press a big mark upon the landscape.
Eventine system
Eventine is THE place for you to go on an adventure. With five core skills and several side skills, there’s always something to do, something to find, secrets to bring to light, activities to perform. But how? I’m glad you are reading this, because if you would have proceeded without reading, you would have given me a lot to worry about and to fix, so thank you!
There are five core-skills: Gathering, Fishing, Hunting, Adventure and Thievery. An important rule in Eventine is that you may only perform the skills that your character has. A ranger should not loot Thievery chests, nor should a thief loot Hunting chests. Skills are marked with codes. There are coded skill-chests scattered through-out the region. The most novice chests often do not require you to pay anything to loot. Yet sometimes to loot a coded skill-chest, you’ll need things. Each skill has got their own base item: For Gathering this is “empty insect jar”, for fishing this is a kind of bait, for hunting this is “Hunting arrow” and for thievery this is “Lock pick”. Then there are some expert chests, which require a different, more expensive item. These items cost 2-5 emeralds and will also yield more expensive and rare loot. So to give you an overview:
Basic chest: free loot
Advanced chest: 1 emerald loot
Expert chest: 2+ emerald loot

Now you know the system I use for skilling in Eventine is based on skill-chests and items. But how do you acquire an item?
Eventine is a small town and each house in Eventine has a purpose. To start a skill, you buy a skill book at the library. Then you go to the shop of that skill and buy the items that the skill book mentions. Once you got the items you are ready to go and explore Eventine for skill-chests and roleplay. But first, you need to know how to loot a chest.

As I mentioned before, often you’ll need an item to loot a chest. The item required for each chest is mentioned in the skill book. This is why it’s imperative for you to buy the skill book of your chosen skill(s). When looting a chest, you may ONLY TAKE ONE square from it per ooc day. Sometimes there is 5 items stacked into a square, sometimes it’s just one. For the hunting skill, you may take ONLY ONE SET of items, for example the boar-meat item AND the boar-tusk item. Do remember this rule, because if you’d empty the entire chest, there’ll be nothing left for others to loot and I do not have an endless source of items and levels to keep up with the people looting the chests. This is why you may only take one item or one set of items per OOC day.

Now that you know that there are skill-chests and that you have to replace your loot by the item described in your skill book, you need to know one final thing: how to roleplay looting a skill-chest in Eventine. This is simple. You join the roleplay chat by typing /ch rp. In this chat, you emote everything your character would do if they came across the thing you wish to gather. For instance, you come across a rotting log with a centipede you wish to put in a jar:

*Tears some of the rotting wood off of the log* [Enter]

*notices some centipedes crawling about* [Enter]

*quickly grabs one and puts it in the jar* [Enter]

*seals the jar and puts it in his backpack* [Enter]

Only after emoting every step, you may take the loot from the chest.

I’m glad you took the time to read through this. It’s very important you stay true to these rules. If people would ignore these rules, Eventine will be over before it even began. I wish you a lot of fun skilling around Eventine, and remember: The more you skill, the more items you need to buy, the more funds I have to expand the region and add extra skill-chests for you to search and loot!

This concludes the explanation of the Eventine system. I hope you’ll find what you’re looking for!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Feel free to donate to make this town reality. Honestly, I do need donations so I'll love you for it!
In the end, I'm sure you will have benefit from the RP it offers.

Donations will be used for:
- Expanding plots to accommodate more skill spots.
- Buying extra villager shops for to accommodate more skills.

Donors:
- Balatro 10k
- Lirakitty 5k
- SirLuamTehDoge 4k
- uncrazygirl 1k
- IanAwesomePants 1k
- PuddingMan 1k

- Sankera 1,5 stack of lilly pads
- JustTooRadical several rare items for quests
- BoredBrit 7 Book&quills
- Heie a stack of books
-
IC Town Description:
The town was a camp at first, until the people living there decided to settle.
Within the armpit of the river, they could sustain themselves with the bounty it provided.
A forest in their back provided enough game from the hunt.
The fields a bit further-on added to the prosperity.
And thus a small town arose.

INTRODUCING: Stealing skill.
What little people know, however, is that this town isn't what it seems.
Every man and woman in town has got a job to do during the day.
Some hunt, some fish, some venture out into the unknown and come back with prizes of slain creatures!
But all of them, every single one of them, is a thief at night.
None of them know it from each other. All they know is that stuff becomes missing constantly.
Being a thief themselves, they dare not raise the discussion about someone stealing from them,
because then others will find out that they stole themselves!

So this town goes on, with their day to day life, gathering, cooking, sleeping.
Meanwhile, houses get looted over and over and again and again!

Changelog:
Deleted Skills
·Farming
·Woodcutting
·Mining
·Cooking
·Pathfinding Clues <= Adventure now>
·Combat / Battle <= Adventure now>
·Brewing
·Quest starts <= Adventure now>
·Crafting (includes smithing)
·Carpentry / Stonemasonry (Construction)

ADDED SKILLS THROUGH COLONY RP.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Thank you all for your kind and enthusiastic replies :) That does me good.
Now all that's left is to think of a nice name and gather those last 5000 radiants :D

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Thank you all for your kind and enthusiastic replies :) That does me good.
Now all that's left is to think of a nice name and gather those last 5000 radiants :D
I'm sorry... but I'm pretty sure it's only 1 Thousand d00d, better get ur math right :D

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Thank you all for your kind donations! I really think it's special you donated for this cause :)
Also:
Thought of a name for now

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Wee update, started the region, so I got a location.
Made a small list of area's and their skills.
Tell me if a skill is missing :D

Donations are still welcome and will be used for:
- Claiming plots:
|--> To establish a small lay-out of where I'll put which area.
...|--> Once that is done, all money will be spend on more plots to expand each skill-area!
upload_2016-3-30_18-43-28.png
Somewhat like this, just most likely a lot smaller cause of plot size-cost ratio :3

Last edited:

Uncray

Lord of Altera
Wee update, started the region, so I got a location.
Made a small list of area's and their skills.
Tell me if a skill is missing :D

Donations are still welcome and will be used for:
- Claiming plots:
|--> To establish a small lay-out of where I'll put which area.
...|--> Once that is done, all money will be spend on more plots to expand each skill-area!
View attachment 73159
Somewhat like this, just most likely a lot smaller cause of plot size-cost ratio :3
Exciting stuff! If you ever need any help with building or quest ideas, I'm here~

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
I'll donate tonight. How's 10k sound?

Also if you want to do some cross stuff or put some questy stuff in ravenmire since we're so close.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Yes, you are a hero, it is the truth.
I dreamt last night that I would log in and suddenly have 20k...
2 people requested a portrait drawn and paid me for that, now you pay me this 10k, it's 20k in total.
MY DREAMS COME TRUE literally :')

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Who knows which character is a skilled boat-builder. I need someone to oocly build a one plot boat for me, so I can connect to the dockmaster-network.
It needs to be a small boat, because it's the only kind of boat that would make sense to visit a small town like Eventine.
Now, Eventine being all into RolePlay-only, I need a character that can build ships :)

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Well there's Paint who does norvegan long boats and Balatro can do small halfling ships