Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Event-Town] Eventine Town [Old World]

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Will and Kris walk over, eyeing one another as they both plant flags into the dirt.
Will plants a flag of the Dogs.
Kris plants the flag of House Dunasten.
(10/10 Idea P00f, can't wait for it to be finished :D)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Update y'all!
  • Halfway done with the GATHERING skill. A skill with which you can gather insects and herbs for all kind of uses!
  • Halfway done with the FISHING skill. A skill with which you can catch unusual fish like piranha's and cave catfish!
  • Done with the basic THIEVERY skill. A skill with which you can steal things, distract guards, and rob other players in special areas!
  • Waiting for donations, voting money, and money from my art thread to claim more plots to finish GATHERING and FISHING as well as to make a start with HUNTING.
  • With new plots come new stuff. Will add a witch who lives in a secret place hidden in the forest. If you bring her ingredients, she will give you home-made brews!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Currently got a writer's-block for building. I am awaiting funds and doing my best to raise funds through voting and selling stuff. You'll receive updates again once I can buy more plots.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Finished the Fishing skill and added the skill-book! :D
You can fish on the surface at the river or pond.
There is also cave-fishing, but this requires special bait which you can only acquire through the Gathering skill, or by trading with someone who already gathered some!

And a small update: The region will probably be accessible in one or two weeks, depending on radiant income :)

Also a big shout out to all donators who have helped me a lot, they are listed in the first post, take a peek!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I've set up the rules and entire system for Eventine. Anyone who has read these can come to Eventine after its grand opening :)

Eventine system
This book is OOC.

Eventine is THE place for you to go on an adventure. With five core skills and several side skills, there’s always something to do, something to find, secrets to bring to light, activities to perform. But how? I’m glad you got this book, because if you would have proceeded without knowing what is in this book, you would have given me a lot to worry about and to fix, so thank you!

There are five core-skills: Gathering, Fishing, Hunting, Adventure and Thievery. An important rule in Eventine is that you may only perform the skills that your character has. A ranger should not loot Thievery chests, nor should a thief loot Hunting chests. Skills are marked with codes. There are coded skill-chests scattered through-out the region. The most novice chests often do not require you to pay anything to loot. Yet sometimes to loot a coded skill-chest, you’ll need things. Each skill has got their own base item: For Gathering this is “empty insect jar”, for fishing this is a kind of bait, for hunting this is “Hunting arrow” and for thievery this is “Lock pick”. Then there are some expert chests, which require a different, more expensive item. These items cost 2-5 emeralds and will also yield more expensive and rare loot. So to give you an overview:
Basic chest: free loot
Advanced chest: 1 emerald loot
Expert chest: 2+ emerald loot

Now you know the system I use for skilling in Eventine is based on skill-chests and items. But how do you acquire an item?
Eventine is a small town and each house in Eventine has a purpose. To start a skill, you buy a skill book at the library. Then you go to the shop of that skill and buy the items that the skill book mentions. Once you got the items you are ready to go and explore Eventine for skill-chests and roleplay. But first, you need to know how to loot a chest.

As I mentioned before, often you’ll need an item to loot a chest. The item required for each chest is mentioned in the skill book. This is why it’s imperative for you to buy the skill book of your chosen skill(s). When looting a chest, you may ONLY TAKE ONE square from it per ooc day. Sometimes there is 5 items stacked into a square, sometimes it’s just one. For the hunting skill, you may take ONLY ONE SET of items, for example the boar-meat item AND the boar-tusk item. Do remember this rule, because if you’d empty the entire chest, there’ll be nothing left for others to loot and I do not have an endless source of items and levels to keep up with the people looting the chests. This is why you may only take one item or one set of items per OOC day.

Now that you know that there are skill-chests and that you have to replace your loot by the item described in your skill book, you need to know one final thing: how to roleplay looting a skill-chest in Eventine. This is simple. You join the roleplay chat by typing /ch rp. In this chat, you emote everything your character would do if they came across the thing you wish to gather. For instance, you come across a rotting log with a centipede you wish to put in a jar:

*Tears some of the rotting wood off of the log* [Enter]

*notices some centipedes crawling about* [Enter]

*quickly grabs one and puts it in the jar* [Enter]

*seals the jar and puts it in his backpack* [Enter]

Only after emoting every step, you may take the loot from the chest.

I’m glad you took the time to read through this. It’s very important you stay true to these rules. If people would ignore these rules, Eventine will be over before it even began. I wish you a lot of fun skilling around Eventine, and remember: The more you skill, the more items you need to buy, the more funds I have to expand the region and add extra skill-chests for you to search and loot!

This concludes the explanation of the Eventine system. I hope you’ll find what you’re looking for!

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
This looks awesome. If you need any help (resources, building, characters), I'd be glad to help. :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This looks awesome. If you need any help (resources, building, characters), I'd be glad to help. :)
I'm always in need of rare items to have a proper loot in quests, such as ender pearls, slimeballs, chain mail, podzol, end stone etc. :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Small update:
I've now fully filled all the plots I have with stuffs.
Tonight I'll be able to vote again, so then I'll have another plot to put something in.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I think you have me confused - I only donated feathers and 1k
oh dear, then I have forgotten who it was that gave me these items :eek: I'm sure it's one of the positive girl-squad you're in... must've been lirakitty or faynman