1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

eveum

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?

I live in the United Kingdom

4) Have you read our guides yet?

I have read all suggested guides.

5) Introduce yourself!

My name is Róisín (row-sheen), I am currently studying Accountancy at college and recently started my first job in a small accountants office. I am very interested in academic subjects such as mathematics and physics although it has been a while since I studied science. My favourite part of my job is working with numbers and being organised, it is an apprenticeship so I am also constantly learning.

I have been playing minecraft since 2011. I consider myself a decent builder although I am a perfectionist and find it hard to improvise or build spontaneously, I prefer to plan things out. I used to be moderator and administrator on another minecraft server for a total of 2 years.

I enjoy open world RPG's such as Skyrim and Fallout, although I spend so much time running around doing small quests and exploring that I never manage to finish them. I am looking forward to the PC release of GTA V as I don't have a console and haven't had the chance to play it yet. I also enjoy playing team based games such as TF2, BF3 and Garry's mod with my online friends. I have recently become addicted to Hearthstone.

6) Got any examples of your work?

I have uploaded several screenshots of my builds in minecraft SP and MP. I really like building log cabins.

8) Referrer:

I met Estes241 on another minecraft server where we played for several years together. : )

----

About your character

Name: Uainé (Pronounced: 'oon-ya', this is a Gaelic name, meaning 'green' or 'verdant')

Race: Human

Appearance: Uainé is very pale, with blonde wavy hair. Her eyes are a mid blue and she wears a blue tunic.

Uainé is a young adult human female. The land she comes from is very cold, lonely, and beautiful. This is reflected in her character and what she comes to be. The piece I have written is not a character study, but an excerpt of her story after she experiences a personal tragedy. She is very inexperienced after growing up sheltered from other people and is thrust into a situation where she has no time to think emotionally and must concentrate on her survival instead.

The Test:

Uainé looked from behind her shoulder with heavy downcast eyes. Her heart was lead; withdrawn and still in the way that the ocean is before a tsunami eclipses the horizon. She turned to face the scene again. Carbon ash on porcelain snow branded her soul with a quiet sorrow. The cabin that she had lived and breathed for almost all of her twenty-one years was a gently smoking ember stamped on a snow shrouded backdrop. These faceless and vaguely human shapes had ceased to be her family, she realised as she stood at the empty black doorframe. Breathing, she became aware of the heaviness of her limbs, the absence of natural sound as blood rushed to her head to prevent her from falling.

I am alone now

She thought. She looked up to the mountains and felt the words echo back and forth in her head. Light and image warped and bent as if through a prism and then returned again. She looked down as droplets fell from her face to the ground where they formed, perfectly round, as frozen pearls. There was nobody else here. The smog signal still lingering in the air wrapped around her lungs and squeezed like a heavy black chain.

Legs carried her to the frozen lake, there was nothing else left to claim in that decimated place. The rucksack on her back half filled with belongings would be her hearts only physical proof of memories that would now die with her. Uainé laid on the edge of the lake as a pale starfish. The sky was white gray and swirling nothingness. She closed her heavy lids and felt as though she was floating; her physical body detached and numb from cold and sadness. Clear blue ice will crack into crystal shards and unseal the great lake. Water will swell and rise up and wash her away.

If only it would

She thought. Suddenly overwhelmingly vulnerable and terrified, Uainé buried her head into her knees and screamed until all the birds flew away startled and she felt like the only living being left in the world. She pounded the frozen ground with her fists as heavy thick droplets streamed down her blotched angry skin. Hours passed and the sun hung low in the sky before she exhausted herself. Drained, Uainé turned to the sky again. A breeze blew gently and powder gray flakes landed delicately on her skin and settled without melting. Uainé struggled to understand why. A hazy warmth took her mind and she began to feel that it was too much energy to think about anything anymore. She closed her eyes against the weakening sun, lids burning a pale red, her veins forming tree branch fractals dancing and stretching on an infinite plane. Shadowed faceless figures emerged from behind trees, their mouths open wide and screaming without sound, the sun burned white hot red through her skin and she slipped into darkness

2013-04-20_14.39.29.png 2013-04-21_14.13.02.png

Last edited:

Estes241

The Talking Pizza
Retired Staff
Well done, yar Well done...

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.