Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Evil Organisation] Dark Order

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I don't think Bartooliinii appreciates the derailing thread here. Stay on topic.
Balatro That wasn't great at all to say. If you've an issue with players here, then report them, or ask a moderator to help you confront issues.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
It has been gotten but you didn't get it because you did one event for it. Me and Vincentius put plenty of effort into getting notices by Skraag, and cool things happened because of it, even though both of us are inactive.
It took so long after about the 5th or 6th event we did that we eventually gave up until we both had to make ooc conversations to get them. By then the hype and drive had worn off.
Oh, your character became undead?

Edit: My bad, you were just talking about the boon. Just for clarification, I held two summoning events. The reason they were sparse is that, according to lore, summonings are not supposed to be held without a very good reason because of the colossal amount of strain and effort that is exerted by the God. I could have held a bunch of little events, yeah. But I decided to go big. Not that it matters anymore.

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Oh, your character became undead?

Edit: My bad, you were just talking about the boon. Just for clarification, I held two summoning events. The reason they were sparse is that, according to lore, summonings are not supposed to be held without a very good reason because of the colossal amount of strain and effort that is exerted by the God. I could have held a bunch of little events, yeah. But I decided to go big. Not that it matters anymore.
Summonings do not exist anymore. We hold religious event in which our characters try to build up the faith and strength of their diety and in return there is a chance they are graced by small sign of appreciation from that divine. These signs start off small and grow gradually bigger, they're never going to come down to altera again and im sure that sucks, but if you actually tried I am sure you'd find some satisfaction in the building of a religion around Skraag instead of seeking undeath for one character. Try and justify why people should be following him, try to change the minds of others. I held a fair few events for Ignis and I think of them all only 4 or so were no shows (not including the undead events we held in which there were actually more references to skraag from lannis than there were from Ignis). 1 because of the campaugn, two because of IC reasons and the fourth was due to staff restraint or the an IC reason I havent get figured out,
I found it rather fun to work with Lannis and Liam to try and find out what Ignis did and did not like because through that trial and error you can insinuate the best way to follow that God ICly in this updated system.
If you were to try something similar, I am sure that you could eventually step through the Divine Magic tier and get rather substantial boons upon reaching prophet and further, its about showing commitment(which youve done) but also the fact that you're willing to accept and work with the new system.
I kniw this is a derail and I apologise if it comes off as rude, Im trying to be helpful but I have only just woke up.

Tldr-
Try again. Embrace the new system, maybe with a new God. See how high you can go. it really can be quite fun.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hello!
I really don't want to pick sides in this Skraag matter. The code is just something evil-themed that I got inspiration for from KOTOR sith's code.
Let's stay positive; thanks for bringing life into this thread.
Let us move onward to more evil things from here, regardless of boons or what not. I like evil RP :)
Love you all, stay tuned for more gore and nasty evil things

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Dark Order's done made a song! Still accepting new members!
If I can find some people who are interested I'd love to get this thing going again

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The Dark Order has got its own ambiance-music now :) Goofed around with some reverb and echo effects and made this piece. What do you think? Evil and spooky enough?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Major overhaul of the thread!
  • Added the Dark Order Tiers to give people within the Order something to strive for and if they do have a high tier already, something to do. Added the official name for the leader of the Dark Order and gave some information so people know what to expect. He leads, but does not tell people what to do.
  • The Dark Order Rites of Power are now mostly tools for new apprentices to prove themselves to make it to the rank of master.
  • The duties and rights have been adjusted, so that they feel less like a strain and more like a motivation. To give the masters something to do, it is now formulated that it becomes more of a race between masters to be the one to achieve more than the other, to either become The Dark Lord or to get the favor of the Dark Lord (the leader of the order).
  • The member's distinction is finally updated with the death of The Fool (The Ant)
  • The entire thread of Nid Arach is added to this page, as it didn't do too well as a stand-alone thread, since it needs the context of the dark order
  • The 'adventures at Nid Arach' is expanded, with a part of the tier system that anyone might encounter during a DM'ed visit there.
I hope to soon be part of the Dark Order again, after having been out IC and OOC ever since The Fool died.
My aspirations is to join whatever is going on now and I hope to see a new Dark Lord which I may indirectly serve by becoming an apprentice to one of the masters.
Hopefully this overhaul will bring back some of the masters that got bored because nothing much ever happened. It's all I can hope for!

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Why is it that evil people always present themselves as evil. Let's see another Inquisition where the goals are good but the means unjustifiable. No actually evil people in the organization, but the bureaucracy of the thing itself creates a permission structure for doing evil in the name of good.

Or just a good goal which is opposed by the status quo, such as destroying the conceptual destruction of the evil gods. Clearly a good thing, but the repercussions of such a process/weapon existing is unfathomable.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Why is it that evil people always present themselves as evil. Let's see another Inquisition where the goals are good but the means unjustifiable. No actually evil people in the organization, but the bureaucracy of the thing itself creates a permission structure for doing evil in the name of good.

Or just a good goal which is opposed by the status quo, such as destroying the conceptual destruction of the evil gods. Clearly a good thing, but the repercussions of such a process/weapon existing is unfathomable.
honestly, sometimes the black and white approach can be fun too.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

They are already out there. Nid Arach is the black part of the greyscales. But at the start of the Dark Order, they were definitely out there. Nobody knew the role of Khorug as a bad guy in the fall the Dwarves until the moment he died. There were others I cannot name, because that would give away their whole character, who are seen by many as good but actually have a lot going on behind the scenes. Some of them are part of the Dark Order as well.

Honestly, it's very hard to do though, in the setting we're in now. For instance Rue 's point that there are no houses to infiltrate, no organizations to sabotage from the inside, makes it hard to do something evil of significance, because there are very little significant groups.

I love your ideas though, come join the order and make em reality. Or don't join but pursue the goals you just describe. As soon as I catch wind of something like that happening, I'd enjoy being part of that roleplay and I'm sure others will too. It's just that nobody does it, so I'm sticking to expanding Nid Arach and the Dark Order, which has by now made quite a name for itself in all honesty.

The best villains are those whose motives are better than the heroes and make you question if you really should root for the hero at all.
I totally agree.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

Also, you may remember how the Dark Order started out not presenting themselves as evil. They started underground. The thread used to be called [secret] dark order. But it has all grown into the far end of the scale in which I try to make it into something you might describe as 'horror' rather than the nuance you describe. It's just one part of the spectrum of 'evil' and 'good'.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
As the sun finally comes up over Nid Arach after a long deep dark night, small rays of light filter through a smoke-filled hall. The light touches on the charred remains of Dark Order guards. Through the smoke, piles of carcasses can be seen: Severed limbs, broken skulls, gauged guts. Not of sacrifices, but of those who dwell within this wretched place. The forces of Good have struck a hard blow against Evil today.

Since the first attempts of infiltration and the consequent attacks within the fort, the amount of guards was doubled and their stations improved. But after this recent attack, the fortress of Nid Arach lies entirely abandoned... The age Nid Arach as a safe haven for Jishrimites is over, but the evil in Nid Arach is not yet vanquished. Even now, lone figures are entering the rotten swamps surrounding this fort and have been spotted in different places within it. They are known to be in search of echoes of this fortress' dark past: of the evil energy that the many dark rituals and sacrifices have left behind. A lingering veil...

Nid Arach might not be impenetrable, but its looming threat has only ever more increased with the slaughter of dozens of its guards. Prepare, heroes, to meet the villains under the moon...

This is the announcement of a whole new kind of event series I'll be hosting. I've got several characters I'd like to introduce into Altera. Although they are only temp characters, it's up to the attendees of the events to decide whether they live or die. This is the third event chain of Nid Arach. It started with the dungeons. Then went on with the DM'ed visits of the fortress. Now... Prepare for something new and different!

(thanks to Rygan Scardrac blargtheawesome Jeroxia Luam Joseph12Q Mitch for starting this!)
(thanks to the Dark Order members which I cannot name for continuing to be influential upon the RP in Altera. Without the kidnapping of Sigmar, this event would never have taken place. All these kind of things make having Nid Arach so much more worth while, so thank you!)
(Now I'll update the OP with the new event-line)