Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Exasior's Application [Accepted - ShaolinPunk]

exasior

Legend of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username? Exasior

2. How old are you? 17

3. What country are you from? United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet? Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when a roleplayer chooses to use out of character information within the roleplay itself.
Powergaming is when a roleplayer essentially creates this environment where they are overpowered and unstoppable; by extension, they are capable of taking control of other characters or perhaps utilizing over powered actions that makes a player completely weak compared to the roleplayer's own.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cymic

8. Tell us about yourself!
(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)
A minimum of five sentences you say, well allow me to make this easier for myself by making it four. Well, I go by the name of Juan and am a relatively relaxed fellow. It has been quite a long time since I last roleplayed, and in that time I've probably become a stronger writer - in my own opinion. To further qualify my last point, I read an obscene amount, my focuses are history and philosophy. I listen to an obscene amount of music, from Italian arias to NWA to lo-fi pop. I have a cat named Tobirama and a dog name Katy, both of those imbeciles are the only thing that motivate me to continue living. Other than that, I am an average joe who just enjoys to be, and I can always manage to get into a discussion on ontology - be it in RP or outside - so watch out for that.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I do not keep most of what I have stored, typically I give it away from the hefty cost of free.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Epsilon27 referred me.

Character Name:
Dwanir Vainhall

Character Age:

Character Race:
Frostspeak Dwarf

Appearance:
Dwanir stands at around 4'5, while managing to retain a hunchback. His clothing is just a drab garb of blue - deemed intricate to some - but to Dwanir it is a symbol of his laziness. As for his body, it is wrinkled and aged, his beard has grayed and his body withered. At times it appears that the old dwarf can hardly walk, but he strives to prove that his age will not stop him with the bouts of energy he still has. His skin could be compared to the white snow of the mountain tops, yet retains some colour to it due to the very essence of what a skin colour induces. Yet his age has made him paler than before.

Written Test!

The aged dwarf waddled along the stone path, he paid no mind to what was above him rather than intricate nature of the ground. He looked at the crevices and examined what composed the stone itself, his interest was relatively peaked. As for the road itself, it was empty, thus Dwanir deemed it pertinent to cease his movement to examine the nature of what was around him. What interests the old dwarf about the road, well simply put, the very nature of it astounded him. What people saw as simple and not that extraordinary, Dwanir saw an unexplored world that the simplicities of the world kept ignored. War, famine and death. This is all that mattered to the common day individual, yet to Dwanir it was the least of his concerns. Rather, the old dwarf preferred to live and enjoy what little life he had left, which was a way of living that developed as he aged. But to continue on the stone, the specks were of the greatest interest to the dwarf, for he knew not what allowed these speckled pieces to form to such a grandeur extent that it was all over the road. He finally moved to take something out of his pocket, a simple brown leather-bound book, a quill and a jar of ink. Dwanir was not one to keep his mind tamed within himself, thus he felt it pertinent to express himself through writing. He finally sat fully on the ground, and took this time to write what some would presume was a thesis, but to the old dwarf was an examination of the very fibers that composed reality. His expression in writing was a necessary vice in his eyes, as it allowed him the hope of proving to himself the composition of essence and perhaps the relativity of it all. In his eyes, the ground itself was relative to his reality, but he questioned what other individuals might have saw in the speckled and the nature behind it all. His writing continued, for the dwarf would ignore the environment around him to fully embrace one piece of the environment: the cobblestone ground. One must acknowledge that Dwanir was not the average dwarf, nor was he the average person, he was interested and excited by the most trivial of things. And it was pertinent to understand that, for the dwarf had lived a long life of writing and being. Yet he felt that the longevity of his life was not enough to understand it all, for his understanding had yet to allow him to determine what his purpose truly was. At one point he was an inventor, and at another a blacksmith. But all this was a perfunctory means of living, and it was this acknowledgement of life that allowed him to advance as an individual. His movement past just the superficial was a means of developing, and now he sat on the pavement writing about the pavement. The essence of the pavement, why the pavement was, who the pavement was for, and why altogether this pavement was a part of the world. This would become a part of his philosophical works, and his thoughts were all that kept him intact. It was at the climax of his writing that someone walked up to him and inquired into exactly what he was doing. The dwarf answered with such glee and explained at length the very process of his examination, attempting to keep it simple for the lad. One must note that the dwarf's accent is limited due to his continual desire to speak common in the accent of the human, thus he spent a year practicing his speech pathology to ensure that he would be understood by all. "Well, lad, I am examining the very nature of the ground. Why? Simply to understand why it is, why we are and why this pavement is so crucial to the development of the world - relative to the pavement. It is a cheeky action, but it is crucial to examine the phenomenon around us to create some very answer to ontology itself."

Last edited:

Shao

Bring back angry react
Howdy, thank you for applying to Hollowworld! Unfortunately there's just a couple of things for you to address before I can accept it and whitelist you.
  • Your powergaming definition is definitely most of the way there, just needs a little more, if you need help with it look [here].
  • Spectacles are not invented/possible in the current lore the best you could do is a reading stone, see [here]
Other than that the application looks well written and we can move on once you have made the necessary changes (simply edit and let me know).

exasior

Legend of Altera
Howdy, thank you for applying to Hollowworld! Unfortunately there's just a couple of things for you to address before I can accept it and whitelist you.
  • Your powergaming definition is definitely most of the way there, just needs a little more, if you need help with it look [here].
  • Spectacles are not invented/possible in the current lore the best you could do is a reading stone, see [here]
Other than that the application looks well written and we can move on once you have made the necessary changes (simply edit and let me know).
Got the editing done with, thank you for informing me about these discontinuities.

Shao

Bring back angry react

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.