Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

FAQ - New Map

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Alrighty, as promised, here's that FAQ I'd mentioned. While things are absolutely still in progress and it's currently a little chaotic with the details, I can confirm
the map has now been purchased and it's being tweaked and checked over accordingly.

Now, there's a lot of questions and things to work out in regards to it. But naturally, we can't let you know too much (in regards to, say, the campaign) because we don't want to spoil it. I've came up with a batch of questions I've gathered from various threads and responses, but I want to ask you lot for anything else you want added. Post me a question, I'll add to this post, and once staff go through it, I'll edit with an answer.

I'm going to add some links, things of note.
Hit me.

Links regarding questions:
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/ne...on-creating-systems-and-region-porting.36797/
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/fundraiser-new-map-1490-1100.36790

Things of note: Lore, Transfers, Refunds, Events,Sorrows, Travel System, Spawn, Eastern Frontier

FAQ - New Map
(They're not in any order, but they could be put under topics. A lot of stuff to cover.)
* = Needs more clarification.
When do we see this new map?
That'd be telling. "Sometime within the next four months" was stated for perks. Lets roll with that.

What's this new place called?
Currently? Undecided.

Will we lose our money/resources/etc? What about our items?
No, you will not lose any of these things.

How do we decide who picks locations for builds first? Is that staff discretion, and how do they choose if so?
The map is absolutely huge; there should be no issues regarding fighting over places. It will be up to staff discretion to fit them in suitable places, as it will take time to blend them into the new environment.

My region has a large portion underground. Will I be able to have this moved over?
Most likely - But it currently depends on location. If you get your region at a low level (ie, next to the coast, on a beach), your underground may not have the room. We'll see.

Do pockets change at all?
No, pockets remain the same.

Will there be 'natives' to this new world/map?
Mmm- Let's say this is one of those things we've not gotten to yet. If there are or not, we'd probably not want to say.

When do the months of perks begin?
Most likely May/June. Could see something in July or August, too. So... sometime in the next 4 months.

What's the advantage of refunding over transfer?
It's a hell of a lot easier on staff, firstly. There's a lot in the talks right now as to actual benefits though, so I'll answer this better when I've a good response.*

What about our horses? Will we lose them, their stats, etc?
We're looking into some plugins and things to address this, since there were issues on the last move (accordingly).

Will there continue to be warps/dockmasters to every town, or will traveling about the actual map be incentivised/mandatory in between RP locations?
Currently under discussion. Bear with us!

If I get multiple regions refunded for the new world and one is worth more, can I split the money between them or do I have to distribute the money how it was distributed on this map?
Refunding gives you rads for your region. It means leaving your builds behind, and so, in your case you mentioned a 100k region and a 50k region. If you were to refund those regions you could do whatever you wanted with that money, including making another two regions; one 100k and another 50k.

Can you tell us the hard numbers on the bedrock, sea level and sky limit?
Sea level is 31, sky limit is 256, bedrock is 'whatever it normally is' (Thanks Anti :p).

What is going to happen to towns that are spread out over a very large area, and directly require that large area to function?
Terrain dependencies will be considered. It will likely depend on the area chosen to place your region, but it'll be discussed nearer the time.

Can you choose to port over certain places or buildings rather than the whole town? Is that more or less strenuous when it comes down to it?
You can - We're working out the details on it all still, but we can work with you on placement. It may help with blending it into the new map's terrain, too.

When will WEing start? As you guys said, actual move won't happen for some time. But when will the WEing process begin?
We're currently discussing this - There's multiple things to discuss, as the actual process is one of the biggest obstacles. I'll make it a point to later re-address. Sorry for not being able to be more clear at this point in time. *

Also- Will road placement costs be cheaper, since this map is that much larger?
Thaaat is a good point, it's been added to a checklist of things to go over and consider now. Will make a note to expand on the answer when we've gone over it. *

If one has two regions or more and wishes to condense into one. Can you move the build from region one and put it in the radius of region two and have region one refunded or will it remain as separate?
I'll go for a yes - We're still ironing out specifics but it's something we've put down as an option.

What about connected regions like Lonmar and Hierax in that regard.
We have 2 regions that require Snow (one on islands) and the rest is normal default terrain.

We'll have to work with you on it, we can do the best we can, and theres a lot of map to use so we should manage something that works for you if that's what you want.

What I have missed desperately on the last map was the use of the deep sea biome - will we see those anywhere on the map?
I'm honestly not sure. The sea levels are a little lower on this map, if anything, but I'm not sure how we'd use the deep sea biome really.

Will the icecaps be as ridiculously huge as they were on the current map?
No, they won't be.

With all regions being refunded anyways, is there any plan to use any of the regions put forth to be destroyed in the campaign?
I believe the list on region destructions will be used for campaign shenanigans, but I'm sure with the new updates, ie a new map, we can consider adding more. I'll take it to staff and get you a better answer. *

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
How do I find my way around New Spawn?
Key:
Red -
Ship Port to Sorrows Town
Arrival at /spawn
Stable port to Fuvur Camp (Leads to other camps)
Green -
Emerald Bank
Blue -
Jack's Tavern
Purple -
Villager shops for Cobblestone/Ink Sacs/Villager spawns

How do I find my way to a new Camp?
The currently established Event Camps are located through ports. Here are the links:

Spawn Camp < -- > Fuvur Camp (Stable port)
Fuvur Camp < -- > Anhald Camp (Stable port)

Anhald Camp < -- > Hawklight/Grafjell Camp (Boat port)

There are a few camps without ports. They need to be trekked to. /sethome once you're there.

Last edited by a moderator:

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
are new players familiar with the catrapist69 meme and will the new map incorporate our old server culture in a way that satisfies both the progressives and conservatives of our bipartisanship system

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
are new players familiar with the catrapist69 meme and will the new map incorporate our old server culture in a way that satisfies both the progressives and conservatives of our bipartisanship system
Yes, catrapist69 is the first of our new Mentor rank, coming up. He'll be teaching players how to play the game, including how best to powergame and the most popular two different eye colors for one face.

Will the new map have better graphics?
Yeah, it's default 1080p but you can set it to 4K in the map options, found in the system32 folder.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Will there continue to be warps/dockmasters to every town, or will traveling about the actual map be incentivised/mandatory in between RP locations?

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
only if catrapist69 truly reflects the dichotomy of man

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
That's under discussion- there will be ports of some manner to towns, yeah.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I am 99% certain we will be using ports and ain't nobody going to be walking to places on foot anymore.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Will there be traces of corruption on the new map? Seeing that big ass volcano land makes me tingle with excitement.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
i have two questions for elz

1. does bustin make you feel good

2. if i get multiple regions refunded for the new world and one is worth more, can i split the money between them or do i have to distribute the money how it was distributed on this map

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I'm only going to answer serious questions that haven't been addressed in the OP or might need some more details.

1. Can we see pictures?
  2. Pictures?
  3. Please!?
On a different note, who's actually gonna make/made the map?
With permission, I'll be doing teaser threads with pictures from the various biomes around the new world. But given how the map isn't 100% done, I'll be holding off for the next few days at least.

2. if i get multiple regions refunded for the new world and one is worth more, can i split the money between them or do i have to distribute the money how it was distributed on this map
I'm not Elz, but bustin' makes me feel good... Feel good... Feel good...

Bustin' bustin' bustin' bustin'

Regardless, as for number two, I know I answered in Skype when clarifying what you mean, but I'll post here to help others.

Refunding gives you rads for your region. It means leaving your builds behind, and so, in your case you mentioned a 100k region and a 50k region. If you were to refund those regions you could do whatever you wanted with that money, including making another two regions; one 100k and another 50k.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel

My region has a large portion underground. Will I be able to have this moved over?
Most likely - But it currently depends on location. If you get your region at a low level (ie, next to the coast, on a beach), your underground may not have the room. We'll see.
Heaven's Reach goes all the way from bedrock up to the 256th layer. If the sea level changes, we will lose bits of the city.
If all goes well, we really want to take that build with us.

If I know beforehand if and where the build will be cut off , I can start altering HR and/or moving stuff before the move.

Thanks!

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I've added your question, it's in discussion like Lannis said for now, though. :)

Will there be traces of corruption on the new map? Seeing that big ass volcano land makes me tingle with excitement.
WHO KNOWS, SANK.

1. Can we see pictures?
  2. Pictures?
  3. Please!?
On a different note, who's actually gonna make/made the map?
Yeah - I think Arch has that covered, it's just getting a couple tweaks. As for who made it, I think that'll be said at a later date still.

bustin' does indeed make me feel good

Will add your question and Arch's response to top post.
Heaven's Reach goes all the way from bedrock up to the 256th layer. If the sea level changes, we will lose bits of the city.
If all goes well, we really want to take that build with us.

If I know beforehand if and where the build will be cut off , I can start altering HR and/or moving stuff before the move.

Thanks!
Will add question and answer to the top post- But here;
Sea level is 31, sky limit is 256, bedrock is 'whatever it normally is' (Thanks Anti). There's lots of terrain higher by the sea though, too, but I hope this answers questions.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
Will add question and answer to the top post- But here;
Sea level is 31, sky limit is 256, bedrock is 'whatever it normally is' (Thanks Anti). There's lots of terrain higher by the sea though, too, but I hope this answers questions.
Thanks!

HR is an island, so it will have to be pasted in at sea level. We will be losing 31 meters of the basement.
The good thing is, we can add another 31 meters to the tower of the keep! Which means Lord Aeyeras August's quarters will double in size! :D

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
What is going to happen to towns that are spread out over a very large area, and directly require that large area to function. I.e Cannot be adapted for the new terrain.
I imagine these will be annoyingly hard to transfer using WE.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
So we have a dank memer hold a meme course for all new members?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
What is going to happen to towns that are spread out over a very large area, and directly require that large area to function. I.e Cannot be adapted for the new terrain.
I imagine these will be annoyingly hard to transfer using WE.
Terrain dependencies will be considered. It will likely depend on the area chosen to place your region, but it'll be discussed nearer the time.