Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

FAQ - New Map

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
On the new world, can we have docks at spawn that include a few ship ports that include a warp highlight, a warp sorrows, and two ships that port to the two most active faction regions on the server? These last two being changing with the weather of activity, so that it's a tight competition to earn a spot with a warp. Imo Anhald and Grafjell would be the beginning two, with those two figureheads encompassing the appropriate subgroups.

Suggestion going through or not, I'm looking forward to something that might replicate a docks environment at the new city.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
On the new world, can we have docks at spawn that include a few ship ports that include a warp highlight, a warp sorrows, and two ships that port to the two most active faction regions on the server? These last two being changing with the weather of activity, so that it's a tight competition to earn a spot with a warp. Imo Anhald and Grafjell would be the beginning two, with those two figureheads encompassing the appropriate subgroups.

Suggestion going through or not, I'm looking forward to something that might replicate a docks environment at the new city.
I believe this idea was nulled before, as I had recommended something similar to staff, but they denied, as it would only focus on active towns and essentially be a cause for ghost towns, due to how difficult it would be to populate anywhere else. It will essentially kill the drive for people wanting to expand the political RP, since it would only be two factions. People gravitate to the successful, not to the developing, more often than not, and it's already hard as it is.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Anhald was new once too. The largest problem on the server rn concerning RP imo is there's little real return or reward for being successful in anything, be it in partaking in a campaign, trying to experiment and invent new things, or in this case keeping a strong playerbase for your faction. It's not easy.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Anhald was new once too. The largest problem on the server rn concerning RP imo is there's little real return or reward for being successful in anything, be it in partaking in a campaign, trying to experiment and invent new things, or in this case keeping a strong playerbase for your faction. It's not easy.
I'm a little confused by what you mean, what kind of reward would you be looking for? I'd be lying if I said I totally didn't think you meant getting handed a Hollowey in front of a large virtual gathering and making long boring speeches.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I'm a little confused by what you mean, what kind of reward would you be looking for? I'd be lying if I said I totally didn't think you meant getting handed a Hollowey in front of a large virtual gathering and making long boring speeches.
Little perks like the example of having a spawn boat or getting a cool little carriage at spawn or something. I don't mean like money or anything along those lines or similar substantial rewards.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Little perks like the example of having a spawn boat or getting a cool little carriage at spawn or something. I don't mean like money or anything along those lines or similar substantial rewards.
But then that just makes more players go to that city, making it harder for newer cities and the like to keep growing as newer players are more attracted to the more popular towns. I can speak from experience that joining a developing town gives very fulfilling rp. While I agree that there should be a reward of some kind, I feel like it should be something more along the lines of like a few free plots every month or something, idk. More resources, but not immediate payoff.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I think in the long term it's better for the server to have four or five active factions or towns than twenty 'towns' with two or three people each.

Towns or factions usually don't stay active or on top very long so it'd naturally cycle through anyways.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
and now it goes downwards into were the most active your not meausring contest.

RexJen

Lord of Altera
when I get my region refunded, do I lose all the materials I have stored in chests? Because I have no where to put these materials and its taken me ages to collect them

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
when I get my region refunded, do I lose all the materials I have stored in chests? Because I have no where to put these materials and its taken me ages to collect them
Yes, you will lose all the item -within- chests, unless you move them all into one area for those chests to be world-edited over.

You can either store them in a pocket, or if you're getting a new region claimed, you can stick them all into a cube of chests in your town, have that WE-ed over to the location of your new claim, then get it refunded. Once you claim that spot you can get your items back.

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I'm happy grafjell's considered top active- Have to thank the players for that who love to roleplay in groups and always have something going on. But I agree that keeping a region active is hard, especially if the owners are busy as hell (Also staff with lots of work - qq) and the players end up doing their own things sometimes/making new regions, etc- during downtime away from the faction/region. It's a struggle making sure there's always something to offer in terms of roleplay. And takes real dedication. There's always chance that those two active regions would see downtime other few places would see a boost in activity. It's always changing.

I think this was one of the ideas for spawn we brainstormed- and truthfully, our new HollowsTravel system is catering to it. It was suggested that players wanted a travel system where they stepped on boats, styled to different regions, where those boats ported to their selective regions. ie- spawn would have a hawklight boat, an anhald boat, and boats from regions a scholarly region and another region for halflings. Then a carriage that goes to a Fuvur region. Each boat and carriage is different and ports to their respective lands. And even then- the regions would have specific boats to other lands- making their own links, but not connected to spawn. Roleplayers can go through different ports to reach different regions. No more npc dockmaster to be clicked on or stablemaster. (We can still create npc's for immersion's sake.) You'll still pay a fee, though we're currently deciding how much it is and don't want it to be expensive. The fee itself helps players vote for our site on planetminecraft and we do need that benefit now that we're starting fresh there. Spawn docks intend to grow (populate) overtime under Archbishop 's supervision and pace on the land- and will possibly have select number of ports depending on the space there.

Antilogy and ptiber have discussed extensively on benefits for a new nobility system, so there's that to look forward to, too. I'm not guaranteeing any releases soon, but with how we progress and complete projects, we can continue to work on more new things.

.Adding on to jak- If Arch or I are on and you're in the redzone and want a refund but don't have a pocket. I'll refund the money first so you can get a pocket, then you can move your items, complete that, then I refund the materials. It has to be done within the time we're on, though.

Also progress: We got through 11 more regions yesterday. We're up to 52 refunded.