Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Fenrir's Whitelist App [Approved - Squidziod]

Fenrir

Lord of Altera
What is your Minecraft username?

Fenrir_Wolf_Cry, Fiachra_ (Have two accounts, Fenrir one is the main)

How old are you?

What country are you from?

Born and raised Canadian

Have I read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet
?

I have, a lot of it's pretty similar to other servers I've been on. Not gonna lie some new stuff I'm hoping some folk can teach me about on a whole especially regarding land and economy system. But hey got friends on that can help.

Define Metagaming/Powergaming

Metagaming

Best description I can gave is using ooc knowledge in ic for whatever reason. Be it to gain an advantage knowledge wise ic or gaining some sort of advantage over others without ic development.

Powergaming

Best described as ignoring factors in an rp situation to an extreme or giving unrealistic ic perks. For instance a char is not gonna be a master in a craft in a day or another example is not acknowledging income harm and effects. This can also include forcing actions onto other players often in favour for the power gamer. Combat is a common area for this.

Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server
?

No and I'd be concerned if you did.

Name one of the current Mentors.

Ayda

About me:

I've been rping for quite some time and have had both my fair share of good and bad experiences. I've been staff before in some instances in the past although I don't plan to ever apply as one here. I do still occasionally have thoughts and ideas that might bring interesting rp and all around good time. Beyond that geeky nerd who likes to make chainmail and game. Loving Fallout 4 right now.

Do I have examples of my work?

I did do lore writing once upon a time and was involved in developing some lore too. Sadly I don't have any of it left. As it was on an old computer. Beyond that I keep my chainmail work hush hush.

Did anyone refer me

Akir, she's one of my closest friends that I've made in all my time rping. We've gone through a lot together so when she found this place. I figured I'd give a shot. You may know her golden_gardener

Character Name

Dirza Tel'lyl

Character Age

Character race

Moor Elf

Appearance

Dirza possesses a lean frame typical to elven kind on a whole. He appears quite young as also typical however even for a moor he is indeed young. As a former slave he is riddled with scars from various injuries from abuse and combat alike from a fight pit varying from cuts, to stabs, but more prevalently on his back numerous lash marks. To which he carries all of them with pride as marks of his survival and to spite the poor hand he was given in life. Standing up proud and tall as a result despite the common hunched backs of the Tel. This is mostly due to his young age still.

Skin wise Dirza carries a bit more of lighter tone of grey. His eye colour a light shade of purple. Most of the time he appears serious rarely smiling barring some exceptions here and there. While his hair is white it is kept fairly messy and wild looking yet despite this he does actually look after his hair. Keeping the pristine white. Height wise Dirza is actually pretty tall hitting 6"4. While pretty gangly if one were to feel up his body they'd note he does have fairly developed muscle. A combination from his time as a slave and also his own physical training.

Written Test

Dirza's life was pretty poor at the get go. He was born into poverty and vice filled parents who constantly abused and blamed the boy for their misfortunes. Dirza's earliest memory of this abuse is around the age of five in which he was tossed out of his family home on the streets while his parents drank away their issues and upon returning being blamed for lack of booze and being starved that day. For the next two years Dirza endured abuse ranging from starvation, to beatings, to being cast out into the harsh outdoor elements. Until finally to pay off gambling debts Dirza was eventually sold into slavery. Despite his efforts to flee he was beaten down by the slaver until being knocked.

Upon arriving to his new master's property he was tossed into a pen containing many of his fellow moors along with the oddball, human and various other elves. Despite his new occupation as a slave. He grew close to his fellow slaves who when they could taught him about his people and the language of the elves having been denied these privileges with his parents.

Despite being a slave Dirza was noted early on for his ability to learn and able to perform more complicated tasks. This got him assigned to work in the brewery on his master's property to which with a fellow slave and silver elf. Worked to concoct booze consumed by his master and his guests. Through this Dirza learned basic math and also developed an interest in brewing and an outright fascination with the stories of alchemy from his teacher. However unable to take living as a slave any more Dirza's teacher decided to risk it all and attempted to set fire to the brewery. He of course failed and perished after being thrown into the fire by the master's guard. Enraged Dirza attempted to kill the offending guard to which he was blamed for the fire as well, captured and tossed into a fight pit. To which he was forced to fight and kill the very man he tried to earlier.

Taking as he words it the worst beating of his life. Something in Dirza snapped consumed by rage he took advantage of his opponents cockiness to catch him off guard leaping onto him and bashing his skull in with a stone. Impressed his master offered him a place among his guards, training and all the luxuries he never could hope to get as a slave. Dirza refused and spat at his master's feat to which he was punished by lashings and tossed back with his fellow slaves. His act of defiance having inspired them to work for their freedom even they had to take it. However inside Dirza's mind had started to be affected.

For the next 10 years Dirza would endure his master's cruelty, work and the fight pits with his fellow slaves all the while smuggling make shift weapons when ever possible. Waiting for their time to rebel. Their time finally came upon learning about their master had planned to throw a lavish party of debauchery at his home on the property they worked at. After breaking out of their pens, drugging the drinks, killing the skeleton crew of a guard and barricading the remaining people inside their master's home. Dirza and his fellow slaves looted and set fire to the property a sight Dirza remembers fondly saying it was the most beautiful sight he's ever seen as the fire danced and consumed the property.

Living in the wild with the now liberated slaves. Dirza and his companions strove to try and thrive as best as they could for the next few years. Doing whatever they could to survive and support each other. During this time Dirza reflected upon on what he wanted in life. Although the desire to find and kill his parents came to mind he decided that it would be better to seek more to his life. Having noted his interests in more scientific fields especially if it involved creating things to fire, burn and most definitely explode. Dirza investigated the information of a new world growing more and more interested in it. He deduced he would spite the life he was given by crawling from the lowest of the low he had been given. Adopting the Tel suffix to his name now making him now Dirza Tel'lyl. Dirza took his first steps in his goal to reach the higher up reaches of his peoples culture. And thus upon bidding his friends fair well made his way to the nearest ship to arrive in the new world. Seeking out some way to bolster the skills he was forced to develop as a slave as well as learn others. He didn't care what be it magic, technology, alchemy whatever. He would achieve his goal or die trying. Rise up among his people and form his own clan to stand among the others.

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello, and thanks for applying! Your application largely looks quite good, but I would like you to have a look at your powergaming definition. It's not wrong, but it is missing one important piece. See if you can improve the definition a little, and once you have, post here and I'll take a second look. Thanks again for applying!

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.