Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ferreto's Application [Approved - Cukie1]

Ferreto

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Ferreto
2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta gaming is having your character act on knowledge that your character does not have, but you as as a player do OOCly.
Powergaming is forcing an action upon another player without giving them time/the ability to counter act or resist. Powergaming is also enabling your character to do impossible feats.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Paint
8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Alexander, and my main hobby is to sword fight in the SCA. I've been roleplaying in minecraft since I was in middle school, and I am now in college for Zoology and Premedical Studies. As a healthful American I eat three meals a day and remember my vitamins.
Pic is me at a practice recently
https://imgur.com/a/rjSTb
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Nah I suck at building
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was whitelisted on this server previously. When I applied initially Tohm invited me.
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
Vaila Svadadottir

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Green eyes, red hair. Five foot eight. 130 lbs due to being somewhat muscular. Light skin.
She looks quite poor, as she does not appear to have any jewelry or embellished belongings. Her voice is feminine and mild.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
https://imgur.com/a/QatDV

Written Test!
Vaila Svadadottir walked along a beaten trail, leading away from town. She moved with a slow pace, as the sun had only just risen. She moved along and crested the hill, now putting the town out of her sight. Vaila cursed herself under her breath, and kicked at a fallen branch, only to then cringe and curse herself once more.

Vaila walked until noon, traveling based off of a general idea of where the next closest town was. Though, she knew that it was at least two days away. With a huff Vaila pulled herself up into a tree, hoping to stay dry for the night. As the night grew darker she felt more calm, listening to the insects increase their calls, and the birds become silent.

Vaila awoke with a start, causing herself to fall out of the tree. She landed heavily and reeled on the ground, until she could breath again. Eventually Vaila pushed herself back up and frowned at the branch she fell from. She started walking again. As Vaila walked she thought, and her mind drifted back to the task at hand. Again, she began to be discontent. She cursed herself for expecting the town behind her to be different. "Another town where the people don't care what filth they sleep with" crossed her mind as she thought of the creepy and disgusting way that the Makani THING looked. She shook her head, hoping to get the thought of their predatory features out of her mind. But her mind wandered still, focusing on the image of the beast. Vaila grew paranoid, fearful that one could be gliding through the trees now and she would be non the wiser. Vaila picked up the pace and broke through into a clearing.

She shook her head again and forced herself to calm down. It was stupid of her to think that way. Instead, she thought of her sister. She missed her sister. Though, there was little doubt to Vaila that her sister did not miss her. So she decided she would miss her mother instead. She was always kinder than her sister, though she did enable her bad behavior. Vaila continued down the path, still devoid of all others. Reflecting upon friends and family deserted gave her solace. As Vaila continued down the path she hoped for a haven she could be comfortable in. At least, she hoped to herself, she could enjoy the walk there.

Note: I intend to play my old character Alexander to start. Afterward, I'll be using Vaila.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Hey there, any legacy trait that your character may have had would be lost now, so I advise speaking to Lore team before continuing along, if you have any legacy traits (odd eye colors, skills or other such traits). Otherwise,

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.