Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Filth's application [Approved - Niko]

1. What is your Minecraft username?

FrustratedFilth

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from
?

The United States of America.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

Most indeed.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using third-party information (Such as chatting over skype/discord and passing eachother info there) or something that wasn't displayed in character to your ingame advantage.

Powergaming is giving your character something like godly skills in something they've never practiced before or being immune to everything or forcing something on someone else without their consent or an attempt to dodge.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nah.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Niko

8. Tell us about yourself
!

I'm a twenty-three something year old mess of a grown man. I work as a delivery driver for one of the most famous companies in the world. My life usually rotates around my four days, ten hour shift work and playing what vidya games on my off-days. Ranging from such games as FFXIV to indies like minecraft. I ain't a stranger to roleplay.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I tend to be one hell of a writer, but I'd rather leave my work to be noticed ingame.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

Golden gardener

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Kalista Farrenfair

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance
An athletic figured woman at the height of 5'8. A dark tan, brown-black hair and mocha eyes. She doesn't appear to any visible scars, and has her hair rather kept long to her upperback. Wearing basic leather clothing with a small satchel.

(NO SKIN PICTURE YET)

Written Test!
It seemed like no matter how far you tried to get away from your problems, they would always try and find a way to toy with you, plague your dreams and the back of your head. The distance wasn't going to be the key to resolving, but what exactly would you do? Confront the issue at hand? Not likely.

When it comes to family, they're important. Many can say that, but if that was the issue that had you running? What might happen once they notice your absence?

Most of the childhood memories that plagued Kalista's dreams never seemed to fade, coming to a repeat every night like a bad record. At times, it almost felt like she could recreate it. Play it out differently in her dreams, though whatever she might have done in the dreamworld, she'd wake up to nothing being changed. Nightmares of rage and remorse were all that seemed to plague every night of sleep.

There was your ideal childhood, a mother who stayed at home caring for the child, a father who put in his fair share of work. But someone had to make the coin and be the breadwinner of the house, that kind of work is what put Kalista's father away from home for extended periods of time. She wasn't sure what her father was, he never discussed much about his work to neither his wife or child.

Kalista in her youth didn't mind, at the age of eight, she was already practicing her swordsmanship. Crafting a wooden sword with what materials she could gather and practice while her father was away, not exactly a professional fighter but she took pride in her abilities like any other high spirited child would. Her father would seem to be gone for months at a time, often returning home for as little as a week before departing. The coin would continue to come in and the mother and daughter made due.

Around the age of eleven was when things appeared to go rather sour. Kalista noticed how oddly different her mother was acting, the woman who raised her from a child throughout the years didn't seem to be her usual self. Acting strangely, and often ill. First thought was simply a mere cold or some other common illness. Those don't tend to put grown adults into critical condition, eventually. Her mother would hardly have the strength to get through the day or hardly get out of bed. Leaving Kalista to try and take care of herself and her bed-ridden mother.

Once her father eventually returned a few weeks later, he was shocked to see his wife's condition. No matter what remedies Kalista attempted or all the rest, the mother's condition only seemed to worsen. A shell of what she formally was. Kalista's father eventually sought out the assistance of a doctor. One who wasn't quite.. Able to even pinpoint what was plaguing the housewife. Only then suggesting that she wasn't going to have much longer to live, and recommending that the father and daughter simply ease her pain until the day came.

Being only a week until the housewife succumbed to her illness, it never did spread to the rest of the family but the father insisting on burying her himself and doing so in the backyard. Her father quitting his job and now having to focus on the path of being a father, making up for all the time he was gone. Doing his finest to raise the child he was hardly around for, education, books, and even food.

Eventually, the financial situation began to worsen, with hardly any time to spend on work. The budget was tight, Kalista made due with it but the damage only seemed to have bothered her father. Who eventually began to submit to.. ill habits. Bringing home strange women, indulging himself under the illusion of alcohol but never once turning himself on Kalista in anger until she was finally old enough to leave home in her early twenties.

Watching how her father began to submit to the habits, she took the blame upon herself for this. The man was slowly starting to become ruined, and she wasn't going to find herself on the path. Under the guise of night, she gathered her equipment and fled home with what coins she had.

It seemed to be the common now.

But all must wake up from their dreams eventually.

Snapping to attention, the grown woman was roused from her sleep and emitted a loud gasp. Shoulder to shoulder with two other figures, and packed together in a cart. Where was it headed to? One can't remember. The woman didn't resume her slumber, no. She simply stayed awake, trying to keep herself away from the hell that is her dreams.

Best not to think about the past, or else it may consume you.

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.