Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finnris’ Application [Accepted - Jinny]

anlrolfe

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Finnris

2. How old are you?
I'm 16 years young. (Heh? No? Ok.)

3. What country are you from?
I’m from The United States.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, as proof, an excerpt: “Regions have a radius of influence and new regions cannot be built within that radius.”

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
The usage of knowledge not available to your character or making them unreasonably overpowered. (Edit: Powergaming is aggressively pursuing a goal, or end game and foregoing storytelling. In addition, powergaming is performing actions that negate other players ability to respond or counter, such as a flagrant disarming move/action. Simply not keeping in line with the limits of your character's ability.)

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Tiberione
Jinny

8. Tell us about yourself!
Though I’m young I’ve got a lot of engineering skill, rocketry is one of my hobbies. Though I’m not athletic I used to fence and still “practice” using some cheap sabers. My favorite music or rather a composer is “Vindsvept fantasy music,” and/ or classical. My favorite book series is “Eragon.”

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I'm a builder, and I would like to consider myself good with words. (But that’s more subjective)

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No, I just stumbled upon it trying to find a decent server, the name piqued my interest and the description sounded agreeable... so here I am. :)

About Your Character!
Character Name:
Vellyen

Character Age:

Character Race:
Elf

Appearance:
Tall, long pointed ears, long legs, Golden sepia hair, eyes blue, and gold. Usually wearing a cream tunic embroidered with green ribbon, with brown pants and dark high boots. Additional items: a green cloak, leather arming belts, and brass bracelets.

Written Test!
Current Setting of the Server:

The brave ones they called us... We took the risk, rode the storm and went through the countless ordeals, after peril, after ordeal. And now... We’re here, the land we spent so long journeying towards is finally sprawled out before us like a map unfurled on a navigators table, yet there be no map or sexton, the stars are not as they should be. We wait now, for a glimmer, an inkling, an urge to call us to what we are now meant to do. To us, the journey was... survival a now we have a chance to live like proud people again, no more fleeting... “Vellyen!” A man shouts interrupting my lapse, I turn to face him, promptly having a crate filled with some moving object, or animal pushed into my arms. “Set this one down over there.” He says gesturing to an embankment coated with kelp and barnacles. As I turn from the respite of mindless labor I’m called into a group speaking in hushed tones, and sneaking suspicious glances at passers-by. A short man with a bald head pulls me deeper into the congregation. “You’re Vellyen yes?” he asks not inquisitively but as a statement. “Indeed and you are?” I ask, “Tibor, but my name is of no consequence. I was told that you were or could be again, one that was light on their feet and quick with a shot, am I correct in this info?” “You are,” I reply. “Good, good...” he grumbles. “ I ask you this because some of the passengers report strange movements by the shores, eyes peering, pressing into our affairs, yet nothing’s to be seen. “Yes, yes very troubling” I state, “Yet what will I gain for risking myself in pursuit of fae and fairies?” “Ah,” Tibor grumbles. “The feeling reaches us all, even you elf, be tall as you may.” He chuckles a mirthless laugh. “Piece of mind and a good nights sleep, for once.” He adds. “Fair enough.” I relinquish, more gladdened by the opportunity to rid myself of the milling people at the landing site, then to trudge into the brush and brier. With a unspoken affirmation, I return to the ship, after donning a cloak and a yew shortbow with quiver I set out into the darkened canopy. To my surprise the forest is quite calm, the foreboding that has settled into the hearts of the colonists does not sneak into my mind. I start to surmise that this sense of ill is not just by the land or the strange beasts that surely inhabit it, these people who simply world-worn and cautious, it’s not the starts that are in the wrong place, it is now us in a different one, the grief still acts as the celestial darkness, and as darkness goes we went. This country is only as strange to us as we are to it. The embers of our past fuel our bright future. Resolute in my discovery and affirmed at my revelation, I begin the jaunt back to the beach... Completely unaware of the shadows watching me from beyond.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Hey! Your application is looking good but your powergaming definition is off, and your written test could use some work in the grammar portion, as using good English is an important part of the server.

https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/roleplay-guide.42495/

^ Use this URL to look at powergaming in depth.

If you have any questions, or concerns, message me or one of the other mentors on the forums.

anlrolfe

Lord of Altera
Thanks, I edited my definition of powergaming or rather added one and went back to revise some spelling errors as well as add some pictures of my builds that I wasn't able to upload previously. (I was on a tablet while making the submission and didn't have the mind to do it on my pc/ the means to transfer it. So that's why my typing was a mite sloppy. Not an excuse, just an explanation, but I digress.) Thanks again, hope to be joining y'alls before too long.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Hey, it's looking better, but there is a specific part of powergaming that you're missing.

If you have any questions about it, message me, or one of the mentors.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.