Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Fleur de Courtnay III

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
1525830995115.png

"I may not be a lion, but I am lions cub and I have lion's heart."

art by me

Name: Fleur de Courtnay III
Named after Fleur de Courtnay I and II.
Fleur means ‘Flower’ in Lavoy.

Nickname/Alias:
-

⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

Full Titles:
+ Lady Fleur de Courtnay the Third
+ Her Grace, Duchess Fleur von Courtnay
+ Matriarch du Cheval
+ Regent du Lyon
+ Lady of Ackerland
+ Lady of Rammbar's Motte

+ Lady of Chateau d'Ciel
+ Lady of House Courtnay
+Pretender of House Eldrin

{ KEY INFORMATION }
⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

Race: Human.
Social Status: Duchess.
Sexuality: Uninterested.

Marital Status: ...
Height: 5’9”
Weight: Average.
Homeland: Queensport.

Current Home: Ackerland.
Date of Birth: 16th of Lightshine
Date of Death: -

Status: The ending of the Blight has in no way cured her feeling of loneliness. It strikes now more than ever.

1525191095010.png

{ PHYSIOLOGY }
⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

Build: Nothing truly remarkable.
Hair: Dark brown hair, nearing black. It is often left down, and is carried in soft waves to her mid-back.
Eyes: A crystaline blue in color, similar to her father’s. (SINATRA BLUE BITCH)
Skin: Pale, with a few freckles dotting her cheeks.
Identifying Marks: She has a faint gap between her two front teeth.
Appearance: Generally distant, but polite.

Hygiene: She bathes often and normally smells of high desert sage.

Posture: Straight, though she does slouch when not in any company.
Gait: She has a habit of pacing, but otherwise walks with purpose, her chin held high.
Habits and Mannerisms: Fidgeting with her hands. Clasping her hands at her front or back when uncomfortable. Odd facial expressions.
Dominant Hand: Right.

Scars/Tattoos:
+ A scar on the back of her left hand, quite faint. She cannot remember how she received it, and it carries little importance.

Diet: She dislikes large meals, and prefers to eat smaller things throughout the day. She has a sweet tooth.

art by me​

"Fear not, we are of the nature of the lion, and cannot descend to the destruction of mice and such small beasts."

Profile layout credit to Niah and Elz.
Credit to Chary for help with inspiration and helping me find references!!
INSPIRATION: Queen Elizabeth I,

Attachments

Last edited:

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic

"Though the sex to which I belong is considered weak you will nevertheless find me a rock that bends to no wind."

{ QUALITIES AND FLAWS }
⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

Intelligence: Above average. She was tutored by her father at a young age, and has continued to read and study in order to continue her learning. Her mother taught her things like embroidery and language.
Writing: Neat, with a distinct form of writing her own name. She writes in cursive, and often in colored ink.
Known Languages:

+ Common (Fluent in reading, writing and speaking.)
+ Lavoyarde (Fluent in reading, writing and speaking.)
+ Rede (Fluent in reading, writing and speaking.)
+ Elven (Common words/phrases in speech, as well as very basic/rudimentary writing such as the alphabet. She never pursued it further, but wished to understand the language of her mother’s side of the family enough to communicate.)

Lures: + Family + Religion + Traveling + Trying new things + Her father’s wishes +?
Memory: Fairly decent. She remembers only basic things from her childhood.
Phobias: Hanging, asphyxiation.
Allergies: Wasp stings.
Addictions: None.

Strengths: Well Mannered + Observant + Ambitious + Educated + Articulate + Watchful + Determined
Weaknesses: Proud + Ambitious + Physically Weak + Family
Fears: Amounting to Nothing + Failing her family + Asphyxiation + Being buried alive + Hanging + Early Death +Abandonment + Disease

Temper: She doesn’t have much of a temper until it comes to her family, where she is not so afraid to bear her true thoughts and feelings.
Sense of Humor: Average.
Pet Peeves: Entitled men.
Sleeping Pattern: A light sleeper, getting at least five to six hours every night, though usually no more. She has reoccurring dreams of being stuck in a coffin, unable to breath.
Quirks: Caressing her necklace. Vacant staring. People watching. Fidgeting with her hands. Twisting her ring.
Hobbies: Horseback riding.

Favourites:
Color: Purple, or gold. Also enjoys blues.
Music: She enjoys the sound of the piano, but only from afar.
Food: Anything bite-sized.
Drink: She enjoys champagne mixed with any sort of fruit juice.
Literature: History.
Entertainment: People.
Animal: Horses.

{ TRAINING & SKILLS }
⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

⚜ Education - Tutored by her father and various governesses throughout her childhood. She has knowledge of history and other basic things, as well as a few outlandish topics.
⚜ Horseback Riding - Learned at a very young age. She enjoys riding each and every day, mainly to clear her mind.
⚜ Politics - Well-learned.
⚜ Diplomacy- words carve better than swords.

{ COMBAT }
⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

Peaceful or Violent: In the middle. She herself does not enjoy violence, but she believes that it is necessary in many situations and will not intervene unless it involved someone she loves or it is blatantly unjust.
Ability: She knows where the basic internal organs are, but nothing more.
Strengths: Weak knowledge of internal anatomy.
Weaknesses: Weak, little experience, slow.

Training:
+ Can use a dagger, though she is not very deft with it.
+ Basic anatomy knowledge.
+ She knows how a crossbow works, but has never used one.

Exercise: Active. She enjoys horseback riding and walks enough.

Weaponry:
+ A silver dagger, almost always carried. {x}
+ Lightbringer, a long sword that belonged to her father and his father before him. Kept in a safe place. (Not used as a weapon.)
+ A cultists dagger, one left from the siege of Queensport where her father died. Gifted by Gael Dugald. (Not used as a weapon.)

+ The Golden Patriarchal Dagger - A dagger passed down from Lord to Heir during the turning of a new era ceremony. Meant as a signal to show that the Lord believes that the Heir is at the point in the boy's life where he can lead the family better his self can. (Not used as a weapon.)
+ Lionheart - If legend is true, it is the sword used by Ser Lancel, however, due to age the sword is more of a keepsafe rather than a usable weapon. (Not used as a weapon.)
+ Regal - The sword of Francis de Courtnay, gifted to him upon his winning the joust at Kaiser Peter's Coronation. (Not used as a weapon.)

{ ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS }
⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

Personality: She tends to come off as a bit vacant and cold, though she is not unkind. Her actions and words often come with great purpose, making her prone to silence and immobility. She is a kind and empathetic person.
Religious Values: Baptised as a baby under Ignis. She is pious, and follows Her doctorine, though may occasionally stray from it’s light.
Alignment: Lawful neutral.

{ Short Term Goals }
✓ Find someone to trust outside of her family
✓ Revive the Branch du Cheval.
✓ Find Marie. Preserve the line.
Rebuild her family’s manor in Queensport.
Ensure that her duties in Ackerland are met.
+ Find a handmaiden.
+ Raise her own guard.
? RETAIN STRENGTH.

Get Otto his wooden necklace.
Courtnay.

{ Long Term Goals }
Connections.
+ Make her family proud.
Finish her father's work.
Ensure the continuation of the de Courtnay line.
+ Prove herself.

1525190372926.png

{ POSSESSIONS }
⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

Wardrobe: She has many gowns in good quality, and several fur cloaks. She has several pairs of quality riding attire, as well.
Prized Possessions:
⚜ A golden Fleur de Lis necklace (Stolen by a bandit),
⚜ Lightbringer,

⚜ A silver dagger given to her on her tenth nameday.
⚜ A cultists dagger, one left from the siege of Queensport where her father died. (Gifted by Gael Dugald.)
⚜ An ash-stained family portrait; Sebastien, Mylaea, Fleur, and Elnaril.

⚜ A strange blood red gem, perfectly spherical in shape, about 3cm in diameter. It once lived in a wendigo's eye socket, a payment from Warren. {
x}
⚜
The Golden Patriarchal Dagger - A dagger passed down from Lord to Heir during the turning of a new era ceremony. Meant as a signal to show that the Lord believes that the Heir is at the point in the boy's life where he can lead the family better his self can. (Not used as a weapon.)
⚜ Lionheart - If legend is true, it is the sword used by Ser Lancel, however, due to age the sword is more of a keepsafe rather than a usable weapon. (Not used as a weapon.)
⚜ Regal - The sword of Francis de Courtnay, gifted to him upon his winning the joust at Kaiser Peter's Coronation. (Not used as a weapon.)
Jewelry:
⚜ A golden fleur de lis necklace {x},

⚜ A ruby and gold ring
⚜ A golden and glowstone Ignis pendant necklace, a gift from Otto.
1525641279977.png
Other: A silk coinpurse.

Carried Inventory:
+ Silk coin purse tucked into a pouch near her belt.
+ Often a small bag or satchel of various items.
+ A bodice dagger.
+ A small vial of liquid.

Funds: Well-off. She doesn’t need to work, but plans to later on in life to keep herself occupied.
Income: Lots.
Lands:
Manoir de Brume in Queensport, Ackerland, Chateau d'Ciel, Haven, Rammbar's Motte,
Homes: The Keep of Ackerland, Manoir de Brume, the castle in Haven, The Keep of Rammbar's,
Pets:
Le Guy- a wolfhound, the patriarch to her bred hunting dogs.
Lune, a silver mare.

Transportation: She rides horses very well, but they can only take her so far. Carriage, walking short distances, or ship all work fine.

Past Places of Residences: Queensport, Chateu d’Ciel, Lyon, Haven, Ackerland
Places Traveled: Blackstone, Storm’s Landing, Motte Farne, Linlea, the southern deserts, Linstel, (all above)

{ HISTORY }
⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

{Pulled from Brian’s old profile.}

Birthplace: Queensport
Childhood: “Fleur spent most, if not all of her life within the safety of the walls around Queensport. Never knowing the need for anything as she got everything she could have ever asked for. She had a pleasant childhood, having a passion for both learning and music, she quickly learned all that she needed.”
Teen Years: “It wasn’t until her teen years that she began to know the extent of the curse upon her family that had been whispered behind closed doors. Starting with Serafina, her passing seemed to set in motion the gears that would be Fleur’s families undoing. An attack on Queensport, the death of her father, the death of Maceo, she was unsure what could be done to save the family. But she knew she must do something, she had to keep fighting, she couldn’t let their memory die with the rest of their family. And that is when we begin.”

BEFORE:
+ Born in Queensport.
+ In her early teens, the war against the cultists and demons in the City began. Her father was brutally killed , crushed under rubble, and she was held captive by a cultist, who held a knife to her throat. Syr Varyn saved her, and she watched him decapitate the Jishrimite and throw him over the balcony.
+Plagued by nightmares.
+They gradually go away as she tries her best to forget what had happened.
AFTER:
+ Attended the coronation of Kaiser Audwine I and Kaiserin Josephine I.
+ Spoke to Maceo about reviving the Branch du Cheval.
+Traveled to Queensport to speak to Duchess Elizabeth about rebuilding her father's manor in the city.
+Maceo grants her rights to the Branch du Cheval once more, making her the Matriarch of the Branch du Cheval.
+ Attended Berndt Ebberhall's funeral.
+ She learns of Marie taking Maceo's child and fleeing.
+ She is made acting Castellan of Ackerland and provided control of Berndt's old keep.
+ Wrote to Carlos to let him know of his disownment.
+ Spoke to Syr Varyn in Queensport about her father's death. It has brought back a flood of unwanted memories, and her horrible nightmares have returned.
+ Spoke to Maceo about the future after Marie returned.

+ Met Prince Albrecht and an old acquaintance, Warren. Had longs talks with them both.
+ On a ride with the Soldier Warren, a bandit attacks them and manages to take Fleur hostage, stealing her golden fleur de lis necklace before fleeing. Warren gives her some sort of ovular blood-red gem afterwards, and the two and Charles Kane, Anna, Otto, and Joe are forced to spend a cold night in a tunnel not far from Queensport.
+ Visits the ruins of the manor in Queensport for the first time.
+ Ordered to tell Syr Varyn that he is being replaced as Hand of the King. He commits suicide, and she sees the body.
+ She learns of Josephine's illness and subsequent suicide. She is distraught.
+ Maceo dies. She inherits Courtnay.
+ She travels to Linlea during the plague.
+ She sails south with a party who go cave spelunking. She has a secret.

{ FAMILY HERITAGE }
⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

Fleur has an inherent fear of abandonment. All but three of her family members are dead.

Mother: Mylaela de Courtnay
Father: Sébastien de Courtnay ✞
Brother: Elnaril de Courtnay
Grandparents: Adelaide de Courtnay ✞, Marcelon de Courtnay ✞, Daeron Eldrin,
Cousins:
Edward Idling (?), Maceo de Courtnay , Carlos (nee Courtnay) ✗, Josephine Varyn, Syr Varyn , James Varyn
Cousins In-Law: Serafina MacRammbar ✞,
Aunts:
Njorun Wilkstrom-Eldsvart (?), Arabella de Courtnay (?),
Uncles:
Francis de Courtnay ✞, Benjamin Idling (?),
Nephews:
Francis de Courtnay II ✞ Mathieu de Courtnay
Nieces: Arielle de Courtnay,
Alys de Courtnay

"I pray to God that I shall not live one hour after I have thought of using deception."

Last edited:

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic

"One day I will do things for you that I hate. That is what it means to be family."
{ RELATIONS }
⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

⚜ FAMILY ⚜

With so few family members left, she cannot help but wonder when the curse that plagues her kin will come for her.

"Bound by iron and blood, we are one."

Mylaela {Mother}: Fleur admires her and wants desperately to cling to her now that everyone around them seems to be dying. She loves her with every beat of her heart, but worries that she will lose her like she lost her father. She knows that she can confide in her and trust her with anything. "My mother, my best friend, and my greatest supporter." Jstar

Elnaril {Brother}: Their relationship has grown distant, and she fears that he has begun to shut himself off from the world around him. She worries. "Protect yourself, brother. Be safe."

Lord Daeron Eldrin {Grandfather}: She is admittedly more wary of him than her non-Hawklight family, but would still never betray him out of the love that she holds her family, and knows that he would never do intentional harm to herself, her mother, or her brother. Loved, but distant. Jstar

Arielle de Courtnay {Niece}: "Your mother has shown her true colors. I will do everything in my power to keep you safe, but you have to trust me. I promise." Elz

Mathieu de Courtnay {Nephew}: "My heir. Not my son, but I will never treat you any differently. You are but a child, and I will keep you safe. I promise." Paint

Podric: They are not related, and they share a plethora of differences in conduct. "We share no blood, but I have to find it in me to trust you as my cousin did. I have to." She hopes that he will keep her secret. Luam

Francis (nee Courtnay): Unbound by Anhald Law but considered family nonetheless. She has not met him enough to have a proper opinion of him. "We may be bound by blood, cousin, but I pray you will not overstep your bounds." BoredBrit

⚜ TRUSTED ⚜

She trusts select members of her family and herself.

⚜ LOYAL TO ⚜

Her Family: In particular, her father and closest relatives- but it extends outwards. She could never do anything to harm them in any direct or indirect fashion, and she finds the closest comfort possible in being with those that she loves. She cherishes them. "Bound by iron and blood, we are one."

Ignis: Baptised not days after her birth, Fleur has remained loyal to the Patron of Light since she was a child. She holds great respect for the Goddess, and while she is not quite as pious as her Cousin, she will not turn her back upon her religion unless faced with extenuating circumstances.

⚜ LIKED ⚜

Warren: She does not blame him for what happened, but fears that he blames himself. She thinks him amiable enough. Elt

Charles Kane: Her hopes no longer align with only keeping their parent's political relationship afloat. She respects him more than most of her peers in that their ideals align closely, but she has begun to find unwarranted, uncomfortable, and entirely unwanted feelings creep forward. She will suppress them. Lannis

⚜ INDIFFERENT ⚜

Viktoria: Generally agreeable. She sees her as a bit forward with men such as Charles, but understands that coming from lesser nobility she must use things other than pure stature to find herself a comfortable place. Hannah

Sir Gael: His gift has perhaps lessened the pain that she feels each day for her father's death. She is reassured that he died for a cause unlike any other, and one that was successful. Scardrac

Otto: Otto. Paint

Sophia: She has shared quite a bit with Fleur, and her tales have left Fleur questioning herself. She knows very little of love and lust and finds it hard to relate to the woman, but she is intrigued. Jinny

⚜ DISFAVORED ⚜
Marie du Lavoyarde: "God may forgive you, but I never can. Don't come back." Cukie1

⚜ REMEMBERED ⚜

Francis ✞ {Nephew}: She never got to seem him grow old and break the curse of young death. She wishes that she could have protected him...

Sebastien de Courtnay ✞ {Father}: Missed with all of her heart. She clings desperately to the wisps of memories of him that she carries, but they seem to fading with each passing day. If she could bring anyone back, it would be him. She wonders often what his last thoughts were of...

Alison Kane ✞: A woman who her father was very close to. She had found comfort of this until hearing of the Duchess’ untimely death. Though she never really spoke to her at any length, she had been somewhat of a role model for the girl. She feels a slight disappointed that the woman could not do more for her family after all that Sebastien did for hers. Perhaps she could have given her more insight into her father's wishes.

Syr ✞ {Cousin}: "It may be the greatest sin of all." Arken

Maceo de Courtnay {Cousin}: The last time they spoke, they fought. "No matter how much we argued, you were my guide. And I am now without you, I'm terrified." BoredBrit

Josephine Varyn {Cousin}: She misses her guidance and assurance.

James Varyn {Cousin}: His presence had become a sense of comfort for her. He was her confidant, the only family member that she felt she could wholly trust. She feels... Empty. TheDeester

Elizabeth Kane : She isn't sure what to feel. She wishes they had spoken more. NIAH

Last edited:

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Reworked relations and edited some stuff on the character sheet. Looking forward to RPing her more. : )

Also- her brother Elnaril needs someone to play him!! Get in on the goods folks. Jstar

Last edited:

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Lots of updates. Titles, relations (check even if you haven't been re-tagged duh), new art of her possessions from elz, and updated event log. : )