Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Flora and Fauna | Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Submissions to Flora and Fauna

Albert Bierstadt, Sierra Nevada Morning, 1870. Oil on canvas

Submissions to Flora and Fauna are now considered OPEN to the playerbase. Anyone so inclined may submit to this department, though authors will consider the following factors, recommendations, and requirements when submitting material to be reviewed:
  1. Reading, review, discussion, and deliberation (RRDD) of submitted material takes time and care on the behalf of Lore. We are interested in adding to the rich library of lore which we currently have at our disposal, but will not do so without the full consideration of impacts and connected implications to our world-building and setting. Response times will vary, and may not always be timely, so we ask for your patience and ask that you accept these conditions when submitting material.
  2. To avoid redundancies, authors are recommended to review existing lore, and consider its likeness to any potential project before investing time.
  3. To avoid superfluous work, authors are recommended to review existing lore, and consider the formats used for a given project; the level of depth offered for some works vary. Related, authors are recommended to first "float" a concept to Lore before applying full creative efforts behind actualizing it.
  4. Submitting material, regardless of how long was spent on writing it, does not guarantee acceptance.
Submitting to Flora: Q&A
What kinds of plants can I submit? Fictional plants of the author's own creation. These should only be plants that could find a home in our current setting, so the author should have some idea of where their proposed plant would be found and what ecological requirements it would have.​
What are the rules on plants for medicinal use? We are not interested in adding plants that can be abused as an easy "cure all" so be careful not to make any plant too easily exploitable. Medicinal uses for plants are wide-ranging and can certainly be applied to your chosen project, the aforementioned conditions considered.​
What about plants that already exist? We have a policy that real-life plants can also be found in our world, though the climates need to match. There have been questions as to what plants from other climates we will allow, such as plants typically found in the South Americas, Africa, or East Asia. If you have questions regarding the implementation of a plant, or a set of plants that would fall into the subsection of "non-European, non-Mediterranean" flora, this is an appropriate place to ask. If you have reasoning you think would help your case, feel free to provide it.​
Submitting to Fauna: Q&A

What kinds of animals, beasts, or assorted critters can I submit? Fictional fauna of the author's own creation. Keep in mind the same advise offered above for flora -- fauna is much of the same vein, with the addition that application for event usage should be a paramount consideration.​
How dangerous can I make my creature? This is a somewhat subjective affair best dealt with on a case-by-case basis. However, for reference, look through existing monsters in the Bestiary; extinct monsters in the Forlorn Bestiary may also be considered (found: here) but it should be noted that these are more on the higher-end of reasonable danger level. I.E., it needs to be reasonable, but it need not be harmless.​
How fantastical can I make my creature? We're willing to consider any creature concept, and wouldn't ask to stifle creativity. That said, we do intend to keep a level of normalcy with our lore. If this is of concern, "float" the concept with Lore first before fully committing to development.​
What about animals, insects, etc., that already exist? See: "What about plants that already exist?" -- the sentiment is the same.​
Proof of Concept and Submission Details:

If you are considering a potentially labor intensive project, we request that you first "float" us your idea so that you get some preliminary feedback that allows you to decide whether or not to continue with the project, alter it, or move on to something else. We can only provide limited feedback in these stages, and we can't work with the author to tweak an idea until it reaches completion and acceptation. Furthermore, having an idea approved in concept is not a guarantee that it will be accepted when fleshed out. Reviews for "proof of concept" submissions are subject to the same waiting time due to RRDD.​
When submitting to Flora and Fauna, please open a Lore Discord Ticket -- clearly detail the intent of your project and any prudent details. We prefer that you do not link us to a file download or google doc, please paste into the convo and format appropriately. Formatting is important! It helps us read and understand your submissions faster.​
Thank you. We look forward to reading your submissions.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.