Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Florian von Piers - Master

LeftwardElk

Lord of Altera
The fact that you guys don't see why people would be upset about this is beyond me.
If it was my way I would have never reintroduced magic or "chossen"
This is not because I am jealous. I don't look out a Magnus because that's not the rp that I want ask Deester or whoever plays the dwarf when he was giving out magic. I said I didn't want to.
And you can't say that I can just avoid rping with you guys, because you all log in with your gank squad anyways and now you're just going to start throwing fireballs at weak new players like you usually pick on anyways.

Scardrac

Felsummer
The fact that you guys don't see why people would be upset about this is beyond me.
This is not because I am jealous. I don't look out a Magnus because that's not the rp that I want ask Deester or whoever plays the dwarf when he was giving out magic. I said I didn't want to.
And you can't say that I can just avoid rping with you guys, because you all log in with your gank squad anyways and now you're just going to start throwing fireballs at weak new players like you usually pick on anyways.
If you don't RP with them then the pool of people who do narrows. Simple math.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
so this is a comedy bit right?

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
We're not allowed to make a character relevant to our friends, now? Better stop playing Jerr'co I guess
You act like someone's child is comparable to some random guy showing up.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
For everyone complaining, BoredBrit is going to be my next sparked apprentice. Is he a close OOC friend of mine? No. It will not be with Maceo, but his son Francis. Want my IC reasons why, too?

- Initially, Brennard thought it would be satisfying to spark Francis and gain control of Maceo's son.
- He wanted to manipulate Francis into abandoning his religion for magic.
- After recent events where Maceo redeemed himself to Brennard and died for it, Brennard is going to do it as apology and thank you.

There's a reason why I'm sparking him.

He has actively tried and put in effort to acquiring magic. He has not just asked Brennard once and been disheartened when he was refused.

Rygan wrote the initial Eviscism lore that I am now rewriting. Despite all of his effort to helping the school succeed, he never got to properly experience it for himself. It has been my intention to give him a chance to do so, and with me adapting the lore to my preference, there's no better time than now. This is both IC and OOC.

Cap won the tournament as Florian and we've had countless RPs where he has proved his worth to Brennard. Elz can also attest that when we planned that tournament, I said that I'll probably reward the victor with magic. He's my OOC friend, sure, but that doesn't change that he's earned it IC over a period of time.

Everyone bitches about magic but hardly anyone actually dedicates any real effort. When they approach Brennard with "hey, can I get magic" over one or two sessions of RP and get declined, they're fast to say that it's the end of the world and think it's appropriate to start a witch hunt for me and/or players that have rightfully gained it. Does it bother me? No. Will I defend myself? Yes.

Some characters just aren't compatible with the Magus characters and their motif for apprentices. Is that a flaw in the system? It most certainly is. Is there a solution?

Yes. It's considering that one day many of these apprentices will have the opportunity to teach, and from there it will continue to expand and progress. Haha, hey, if I teach all my friends, they can't teach each other!

For the record, I'll be taking yet another apprentice after Brit that also won't be bias in any way. I would reveal the specific names of who I'm considering (there's more than one, even), but I don't want anyone to be disappointed if I don't end up selecting them. I apologize profusely that I try to maintain my own character and reward commitment instead of just freely rewarding it to anyone who asks.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
if you are the joke yeah
i'm about to log out irl dude

If you don't have serious criticism, why post? I'm willing to argue with serious criticism, as I've been trying to do, but blatant shitposting isn't gonna get you special OC please don't steal magic powers any faster.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
Didn't you just say a couple pages ago you didn't care or something
I said I didn't care for getting magic anymore. Does not make my place here any less significant. I simply stated that Mitch made his reasons clear and I was in the wrong to question it. Excuse my suspicions as it's been going on a while and while not every case it has happened.