Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Foce "Foxtail" Barbers

Pickerwick

Villager
Exosferik
Exosferik
Name: Foce Barbers
Other Names: Foxtail – a childhood nickname

Race: Human
Sexuality: There were girls he liked, but generally, he never gave it too much thought.
Current Residence: Sorrows
Relationship Status: Single
Social Status: Commoner

Physical Appearance:
Have you seen a ginger head sticking from the crowd, like if it was attached on a flagpole? It might belong to Foce Foxtail. If you approached him and a friendly, but a wee bit nervous smile appeared between his sideburns? Well, it is definitely him.
Recently he returned after a months long stay in Sorrows. He might be even thinner than usual and chances are he smells like roadside campsite.
Only clothes he currently owns are green pants, a vest sewn from rabbit skins of different colors over simple flax shirt with decent embroidery.

Height: 6’2’’
Weight: 155lbs
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Color: Light
Shape of Face: Rectangular
Distinguishing Features: Neat ginger sideburns.
Build of Body: Tall and slim. Not at all muscular
Hair Color: Ginger red
Hair Style: Short hair, not really manageable. Usually combed back.
Complexion: Pale
Posture: Relaxed
Scars: Small one on a forearm. Some forgotten childhood stuff
Tattoos: Jaxs holly coin. On a chest, right above heart.

Personality:
Foce is a born optimist. To such an extent, he often ignores obvious hardship and won’t plan to overcome it in advance. He approaches problems with inherent curiosity and attempts to tackle them regardless of having inappropriate skills.
He well realizes there are bad people out there, but firmly believes that everyone deserves a chance. Despite being often uncomfortable around strangers, he always acts friendly with others. However his friendliness may not be honest toward those who earned his distrust.

Dislikes: Unfairness, crowded places, passivity
Strengths: Resilience
Weaknesses: Impetuousness
Fears: Being accused of a crime
Values: honest work, knowledge, fairness
Education: Merchant level: writing, reading, negotiations and math good enough to keep his books
Languages: Common
General Attitude: Optimistic, even in face of dire situation.
Religious Inclination: Believes in luck. Jax is an obvious choice.
General Intelligence: Curious and smart. Keen to acquire new knowledge.
General Sociability: Introvert, but will be friendly if possible and polite if not.
Alignment: Chaotic good

Short Term Goals: To find a place to settle
Long Term Goals: Make a name for himself by using his own skills.

Possessions:

Wardrobe:
Simple flax shirt with decent embroidery, green pants, good leather boots and tough layered deerskin jerkin.
Jewelry: None. It is too easy to lose.

Carried Inventory: Tools needed to survive in wilds – piece of rope, axe, knife, sewing and fishing kits, some kindling and flint. Rations of hardtack.
Simple bow and handfull of arrows.
General Inventory: Carries practically all he currently owns.

General Wealth: Some rabbit and deer skins. Got lucky in a gamble. His bank ballance is now satisfactory.

Health:

Illnesses:
Shortsightedness
Allergies: None obvious
Sleeping Habits: Used to get up early, but likes to stays up late. Snatches a nap when possible.
Energy Levels: Usually quite energetic.

Eating Habits: Prefers high quality over quantity.
Exercise Habits: Enjoy long walks. Does it counts? Also trains archery when appropriate.
Memory: Good, not counting names and directions.
Unhealthy Habits: Occasional smoking
Drinking Habits: At occasions. He enjoys the taste, but dislikes awkward moments of drunkenness.

History:

Birthplace:
Storms Landing

Childhood: Foxtail has been born to a family of barbers. Loved by both parents, he has easy childhood as pampered only child and was allowed a decent education with children of merchants and artisans.

Teen Years: Following sudden death of Foces mother, personality of his father abruptly changed. He became, controlling and conducted his sons education with strictness and birch stick, which luckily, hasn’t snuffed Foxtail’s optimism and faith in humanity.

Adulthood: Foce has tried to join to join Alchemist guild as an apprentice. However he has failed his first quest and got lost in Sorrowland. There he met Moran who taught him skills that saved his life.

(Piece of backstory from application)

On an eve of a fourth day Foce, called by some for his red hair Foxtail, realized he is completely lost. “An alchemist, should have wide set of skills, they said.” He murmured under his breath. ”Even a mere apprentice must have a good knowledge of his ingredients and how to gather them!” This was all clear to him. However no one told him, that knowledge of how not to be eaten by horrible monster in the middle of Sorrows, was prerequisite. He knew setting sun would soon force him to find yet another birch tree to spend night on, but allowed himself one last look eastwards. Over the flat plains he hoped to see someone. Maybe, more experienced traveler, an eventual way back to civilization. To his surprise he actually saw something. There was a light. Small and flickering, like a candle on windowsill. It stood bright against quickly darkening eastern sky. “I never thought someone lives out here” Foce almost shouted. Then shook his head embarrassed how often he talked to himself aloud these days.

Source of light indeed was a candle. Not in the window, but situated on doorframe. Apparently its sole purpose was to guide lost travelers to a humble hut build of adobe with roof covered in sod. This gesture of hospitality melted Foxtails heart. He knocked on the plank door without hesitation. ”Coming” sounded from inside. A soothing voice of older woman. She opened and smile on her lips froze. “Come in” she gestured inside a warm and dry hovel, taking a cautious look outside “take a seat, warm yourself. Dinner should be soon cooked. I promise I won’t ask any questions, no one will find you here.” Words of thanks stuck in Foces throat. Did she take him for criminal on the run? Quick look on his clothes made him realize, he really looked like someone who has been avoiding people for weeks. “Oh, nothing like that,” he tried to mend first impression” In fact I would love someone to find me. I am Foce an apprentice, who got lost on a simple quest to gather some ingredients. Well I was an apprentice, but after this failure...” Woman’s face softened “Even if you are not on the run, invitation stands. My name is Moran.”

During the dinner Foxtail talked about his misfortunate adventure into Sorrows and bits and pieces from his comfortable life in a big city. Moran listened carefully. Sometimes she frowned, sometimes burst in laughter, but when story came to an end she sat quietly, thinking. “I have an idea Foce, let us play a game. It is an old one and you might not know it, but I show you what to do. There is one catch however. The winner may ask favor, and the one who lost must comply, whatever the favor is. ” Even though dead tired, Foce nodded. Favor or two were the least he could do for woman, who saved his life. Game was strange. It featured unevenly tiled desk and sets of figures, each moving in different obscure patterns. Foxtail has never seen it before, but with Moran’s help he managed to learn it quickly and not long after found himself having an upper hand ”I cant really beat her like this, after all she has done for me” he thought. Moran loved this game. That much was certain from the way she played. One bad move and Foce gave victory to her. Moran was apparently upset “You let me win! Don’t you know such things insults Jax. Whatever blessing you might have had from him is gone” Foce has been startled by Morans sudden change of tone. ”Very well you lost. Now, you must do whatever I say.” In hours they played he almost forgot the condition. ”Fine, what is it you ask of me?” She grinned. ”You will serve me.” Foxtails couldn’t believe his ears “that is hardly one favor.” he tried to protest. “It will by many favors I assure you.” she replied ”but you lost by cheating, so I can cheat now.”

Foce eventually accepted terms of his service. After all, he had no idea how to find his way out of Sorrows. Moran also suggested a condition to end the service, which at the time seemed reasonable: He could leave when bunting sang. Several days spent Foxtails with his ears tuned, but hadn’t heard a single bunting chirp. He asked Moran about the bird. She assured him buntings indeed lived near her home, but since it was the middle of the spring they had to wait more than a half of a year to see one again.

Thou he felt cheated and was rebellious from the start, Foce soon realized his service was actually a Morans strange way to teach him things and skills, he never had. From simple sewing, to fishing and hunting. He worked with a wood and a clay. Under pretense of using him for her chores, she slowly passed basic knowledge of wilderness and things man needs to survive alone of the land. Eventually they grew fond of each other and when first snow brought buntings back, their goodbye became long and difficult.

Places Traveled: Parts of Sorrows, Storms Landing, Queensport, Halbed, Thorne, Compendium

Combat:

Peaceful or violent:
Peaceful
Weaponry: An axe. This particular one is more of a tool than a weapon.
Combat Training:

Mellee:
Mostly trained by trial and error. Scaring off wolves and whacking badgers with a stick.

Ranged:
Bow (2/10)
Hunting a deer is chalenging, but not too hard. What about facing a charging bear in woods of Astrachan or huge Jishrimite spider in dungeons of Nid-Arach?
- Foce is slowly gaining combat experience with a bow.

Training & Skills:

(from background)
Basic survival in wilderness – learned in Sorrows.
Shawing – from his father who was a barber.

(RP learned)
None yet

Other Trivia:

Hand for hire, able to survive in wild. Can snare a rabbit.
Favorite Types of Food: Imported spices
Favorite Types of Drink: Something hot, sweet and mildly alcoholic.
Hobbies/Pastimes: Long walks, reading.
Favorite Colors: Green, it goes well with his hair color.

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Hey. :) If he's a merchant type, there's plenty of merchant stalls around Queensport.

Pickerwick

Villager
Exosferik
Exosferik
Hey. :) If he's a merchant type, there's plenty of merchant stalls around Queensport.
Certainly. A humble stall would fit his thin purse..and maybe help to make it less thin. But first, he would need to stock up on some goods. Rabbits of Sorrows - beware.

Pickerwick

Villager
Exosferik
Exosferik
Journal entry ~ 1
After a weeks in Sorrows I finally acquired fair supply of rabbit hides and an amount of deer and mouflon leathers.

Journal entry ~ 2
To my most unpleasant surprise demand for such goods in Storms Landing is much lower than I suspected. So I decided to move northwards hoping that cold weather in Thorne, Blackstone or Queensport may be more suitable for my wares.

Journal entry ~ 3
Weeks on a road and yet not a single hide sold. I am well supplied on food, but a simple bed at the inn is currently an unreachable luxury. Next stop is Queensport - may Jax smiles upon me.

Journal entry ~ 4
I have met Duchess Elizabeth Kane herself! It was a chance meeting, and I not knowing who stand before me, approached her in a manner that hardly befits someone of her status. Fortunately she appeared to be of kind and understanding heart. She not only forgave my impoliteness, but even heard out my troubles. In the end Duchess assured me there would be a market for my wares in Queensport, only if I was able acquire some bear pelts.
Meeting with Lady Kane has filled me with new hope and enthusiasm. I shall head back to Sorrows without hesitation!

Journal entry ~ 5
I gave the whole bear thing a little more thought. It appears I have no idea how to go on about hunting one. I should meet Queensport[/ICODE]s rangers first, as Duchess suggested before, and seek their advice.

Journal entry ~ 6
Urgent need for funds, had forced me to join party of adventures braving dungeons under the Nid-Arach. Money soon forgotten, I had found excitement and experience as its own rewards.

Journal entry ~ 7
I had took part in the first springtime hunt in Astrachan. Not only I have met the most extraordinary people, but ingenuity of my traps had brought me some funds in prize money.

Journal entry ~ 8
Jax has smiled upon me. I ventured my coin in Halbed Gamble and won sizeable sum.
As expresion of gratitude I let my body by singned permanently by his holly symbol in ink and I should rewer him further by venturing my funds in profitable bussiness.

Last edited: