Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Forest Elf Lore - Questions Answered

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
She was, but never got around to it xD
We're still discussing things, and I think she has some great ideas, so until she says that she's not going to touch it, I suggest we wait.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
We're still discussing things, and I think she has some great ideas, so until she says that she's not going to touch it, I suggest we wait.
Originally, she intended to make a conversation with moi. Hence why I say never got around to it.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Could you post an example of an Forest Elven bonding ceremony?
I know I said I'd post one if someone asked, but right now I'm thinking that it'd be a little too easy to just copy the template a touch closely-
Each ceremony is different to the other depending on the couple involved, so their vows/blessings are usually personalised for them :D
I'll answer any specific questions about them, of course, but I don't really want to put up a script, sorry >.<

Oh, unrelated note-
A few people have asked me about this, so I'm going to lay it out as clearly as I can here for you all!

The current life expectancy of people in Europe is ~80 years.
The current life expectancy of healthy Elves is ~290 years.

The Gap
In real life, people change at a steady rate, growing exponentially in their younger years and decaying slowly in their later ones. Elves are just like this except for one thing; in between their growing and decaying, there is a 220 year gap where the Elf appears almost trapped in time.

The Basics
The Elves of Altera mature physically by the time they are 20, and up until that point grow at the exact same rate as humans. Once they are fully matured, they stop. For a couple of centuries. When they reach around 250, they begin to age again, for approximately 40 years (they'd start this at the equivalent of 40 years old, for humans, and age at the same rate as them until death).

The Specifics
Their body can definitely change during their 200 or so years of nothingness, just how a human's body can change between the ages of 20 and 35;
  • Their hair can grow paler with stress, and even whiten.
  • The can put on or lose weight, either through muscle mass or fat.
  • They can break bones and become crippled through injury or illness.
  • They can gain scars, tan, develop freckles, etc, etc.
  • Plus a myriad other things I probably can't think of!

An example of a typical Forest Elf life;
Age 0 - Is born.
Age 2 - Learning to speak.
Age 6 - Running, talking, bawling, small child.
Age 8 - Keen sense of hearing develops fully, has first hunt.
Age 13 - Starts arguing with the parents, body begins doing weird things.
Age 16 - No one understands them, they want to move out and join a band.
Age 21 - An adult, with varying degrees of understanding when it comes to responsibility.
Ages 22->230 - Gains experience, changing brain, gains weight, loses weight, gains weight again, shaves head, hair grows back, gets dreadlocks, meets love interest, loses love interest, training montage, beats up love interest's new boyfriend, etc.
Age 240 - Things begin to slow down. Not as lithe or fit as they once were.
Age 260 - Potential use of walking stick, more complaints, lack of facial hair control, foggy vision.
Age 270 - Wishes things were as simple as they were at the age of 16, where they understood nothing. Sore joints, slow movement, blindness.
Ages 281->330 - Death.

I hope this post clears a few things up! If you have anything that needs answering, shove it below or PM me or something, I'll do my best to cure any confusion :D
Aging guide! From this thread.

ACU20

Legend of Altera
I know I said I'd post one if someone asked, but right now I'm thinking that it'd be a little too easy to just copy the template a touch closely-
Each ceremony is different to the other depending on the couple involved, so their vows/blessings are usually personalised for them :D
I'll answer any specific questions about them, of course, but I don't really want to put up a script, sorry >.<

Oh, unrelated note-

Aging guide! From this thread.
. . Ced. . said. . Ced ced

Landem

Lord of Altera
What's the average height for a forest elf?
I'm hopefully going to age my character soon, and I was wondering by how much she'll have to grow :p
@Ced

Last edited:

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
What's the average height for a forest elf?
I'm hopefully going to age my character soon, and I was wondering by how much she'll have to grow :p
@Ced
The average height of a Forest Elf is the same as an average height of a human +2 inches. Problem is, human height ranges from 2' to 8'6" :eek:

Soooooo, I'd say that for sanity's sake adult Elves range from 5'4 to 6'4, without genetic diseases (WHICH WOULD BE VERY UNCOMMON, IN FACT-)

To anyone playing Forest Elfies-
They cannot have gigantism or dwarfism, because they're fairly big genetic mishaps and Elves don't have those.

Landem

Lord of Altera
The average height of a Forest Elf is the same as an average height of a human +2 inches. Problem is, human height ranges from 2' to 8'6" :eek:

Soooooo, I'd say that for sanity's sake adult Elves range from 5'4 to 6'4, without genetic diseases (WHICH WOULD BE VERY UNCOMMON, IN FACT-)

To anyone playing Forest Elfies-
They cannot have gigantism or dwarfism, because they're fairly big genetic mishaps and Elves don't have those.
Thanks! Just another thing hehe
How do elves and ale mix?

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Thanks! Just another thing hehe
How do elves and ale mix?
Generally taller than humans but also usually slimmer so... It equates about the same as humans can handle, with alcohol :)

When it comes to brewing their own drinks, it's usually root beers, and wines made from fermented forest fruit, as well as some killer spirits (very very strong).

Attitudes to drink vary a lot, the only really universal one is Don't Drink and Hunt. You can get alcoholic Elves, and you can get Elves that'll never touch a drop, out of principle, or just because they dislike the taste :p

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Generally taller than humans but also usually slimmer so... It equates about the same as humans can handle, with alcohol :)

When it comes to brewing their own drinks, it's usually root beers, and wines made from fermented forest fruit, as well as some killer spirits (very very strong).

Attitudes to drink vary a lot, the only really universal one is Don't Drink and Hunt. You can get alcoholic Elves, and you can get Elves that'll never touch a drop, out of principle, or just because they dislike the taste :p