Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Forest Elf Lore - Questions Answered

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
THE FOREST ELF CULTURE QUESTION THREAAAD!!!

tumblr_inline_mlw6x3hSRk1qz4rgp.gif

Check it out the lore here!

If you have any questions left unanswered, ask 'em in this thread, or send me a forum conversation :D

That said, if there is an aspect of Forest Elf life that you want writing about, tell me and I'll do that too!

Answered questions (links)-
-Attitudes towards the Engem Clans.
-Silver/Forest Elf crossbreeding possibilities. Old lore, Incorrect
-The Elven Language (TBC).
-Genetic failures/'malfunctions'.
-Regarding amour/clothing materials (metals).
-Courting and 'marriage'.
-Interior design of the larger Groves.
-Elven ears, and clarification of bloods.
-Elven Aging Guide.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Not a question, just...
"Forest Elves are a inner-racially social species, and a wooded lifestyle is intrinsic to their emotional and psychological wellbeing, therefore it would be highly unlikely for a Forest Elf to be able to live happily in a stone-built human city like Stormhold, for example."
*giggles incessantly*

Goldengem25

The Kingdom Crusher
Seem pretty eager to live with white haired underdevloped British Isles knock offs... :p

I got a question though, since I'm cooking up Engem lore along side some guys, what is the general opinion of the Engems? Especially the ones that are Forest Elves? :p

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Not a question, just...
"Forest Elves are a inner-racially social species, and a wooded lifestyle is intrinsic to their emotional and psychological wellbeing, therefore it would be highly unlikely for a Forest Elf to be able to live happily in a stone-built human city like Stormhold, for example."
*giggles incessantly*
To be honest, she doesn't seem to be very happy :p

Seem pretty eager to live with white haired underdevloped British Isles knock offs... :p
I haven't a clue what you mean, sorry? :D
I got a question though, since I'm cooking up Engem lore along side some guys, what is the general opinion of the Engems? Especially the ones that are Forest Elves? :p
The Engems seem to have a lot of ideals that might resonate well with a lot of Forest Elves. While the Elves may see them as a little over-complicated ("Why can't we all just get along and live in peace without having to give names to what we think?"), they would respect their belief systems and may generally regard them as a 'good group' (obviously this differs from Elf to Elf, I'm using blanket terms here).
As for Forest Elves that are in the Engem Clans... Well it doesn't matter what group you're in, who your friends are, or who claims superiority over you. Your actions make you who you are, and if you're a good person, you're a good person.
Though, leaving the Eldnarí is a big thing for Forest Elves. Some see it as a spit in the face for Shalherana, who supposedly grew them as gifts to the Forest sub-culture.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Question: I know you can't have a half Dwarf half Elf, but can you have a half Silver Elf, half Forest Elf?
Old lore, this is incorrect, there can be no half and half, they can be either Forest or Silver, not both.
You can indeed! There is technically very little genetic difference between a Forest Elf and a Silver Elf. They're sub-cultures, not sub-races, and therefore a half-and-half would be totally biologically possible. Children of mixed couples will take on pretty much all the characteristics of one of the cultures, with an aspect or two from the other one, for example, an Elven child with all the physicality and temperament of a Forest Elf, but with silver flecks in bright blue eyes (typical Silver Elf feature).

Keep in mind though, Forest Elves hardly ever procreate with each other, so the likelihoods of them getting close enough to a Silver Elf to justify 'coitus' are... Well... It's just not likely at all.

The lore for the Silver Elves has yet to be written, but I believe that the attitudes between the two sub-cultures is a little resentful.

Also, is there a page on Eldarin?
I found this, but it calls it "Qenya."
NOooooOOoooOooooooOooOoOOOOooOooOooooOooo-

Quenya is the language of the Mirkwood Elves in J.R.R Tolkein's a Lord of the Rings. Likewise, Sindarin is the language of the Lorien Elves in the same book.

Quenya, Sindarin, Eldarin, and all other forms of pre-existing Elven language, from books such as the Lord of the Rings, the Spiderwick Chronicles, nether, even the Eragon series, are not to be used as the Alteran Elves' language.

The Elves of Altera speak Elven. This language is completely and utterly ours and original, whereas these other languages are other people's work. I understand that many people have already named their towns/characters using Quenyan/Sindarin/Eldarin dictionaries, and that's fine, we're not going to ask you to change that now, but from now on-

Please wait until Jstar is finished on Elven. In the meantime, if you desperately need something named and you want it named in Elven, come to me or Jstar and we'll work something out :heart:

Last edited:

Tarron

Lord of Altera
Sorry if this was answered in the original thread, but:

Do the Forest Elves have similar/same genetic failures or mistakes that Humans can have? As in, things such as Heterochromia, and other diseases, or problems that become apparent later in life (as a result of genes).

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Do the Forest Elves have similar/same genetic failures or mistakes that Humans can have? As in, things such as Heterochromia, and other diseases, or problems that become apparent later in life (as a result of genes).
While much less common in the physically "perfect"' Elves, genetic mutations can occur. They are however, always very minor things, such as heterochromia, your example (I would read about the Elves' eyesight in the lore post, it may have some relevance to your character, Tarron). There's never been an Elf seen with 11 fingers, or a protruding tail-bone, but yes, very minor physical 'malfunctions' are possible.

Psychosis ailments are possible too, though they are much more common in the Silver Elves (due to the generations of heavily involved magical experimentation). By psychosis, I mean things like dementia, paranoia, clinical depression, and in extreme cases, hallucinogenic insanity.

Last edited:

Tarron

Lord of Altera
Alright, thanks for the clarification. I guess Tarron will be walking the Twilight Path for quite some time.

I'll also tell you again that that lore is absolutely fantastic.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Alright, thanks for the clarification. I guess Tarron will be walking the Twilight Path for quite some time.

I'll also tell you again that that lore is absolutely fantastic.
You're too kind! :D

Taelyn Adelei Saeradan

Lord of Altera
You can indeed!
Thank you. :D

Really awesome response.
I knew, "Qenya" was supposed to be like, "Quenya" from Lord of the Rings, and it said that it was the official Elven language was Qenya in the wiki. That's what I was confused about. :p

Please wait until Jstar is finished on Eldarin.:heart:
I don't desperately need something named. I was just wondering if anyone was working on it. :D

Thank you for the fantastic lore and responses! :)

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
You can indeed! There is technically very little genetic difference between a Forest Elf and a Silver Elf. They're sub-cultures, not sub-races, and therefore a half-and-half would be totally biologically possible. Children of mixed couples will take on pretty much all the characteristics of one of the cultures, with an aspect or two from the other one, for example, an Elven child with all the physicality and temperament of a Forest Elf, but with silver flecks in bright blue eyes (typical Silver Elf feature).

Keep in mind though, Forest Elves hardly ever procreate with each other, so the likelihoods of them getting close enough to a Silver Elf to justify 'coitus' are... Well... It's just not likely at all.

The lore for the Silver Elves has yet to be written, but I believe that the attitudes between the two sub-cultures is a little resentful.

NOooooOOoooOooooooOooOoOOOOooOooOooooOooo-

Quenya is the language of the Mirkwood Elves in J.R.R Tolkein's a Lord of the Rings. Likewise, Sindarin is the language of the Lorien Elves in the same book.

Quenya, Sindarin, and all other forms of pre-existing Elven language, from books such as the Lord of the Rings, the Spiderwick Chronicles, nether, even the Eragon series, are not to be used as Eldarin.
Eldarin is Altera's very own!

I'm sorry, you're going to have to rename it again. Eldarin is another language created by Tolkien D: