Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Forlorn: Feedback

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
For the number of people, I think the Dm's handled it fairly well. I believe there were far less by the time we got to the boss but even with the 10+ people attacking the golem it felt like a challenging foe. All in all the story felt interesting and the boss with its monologuing added a few more tidbits to the lore behind the campaign.

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
Really enjoyed the events so far, in the Spelunking event Lannis and Elz did a fantastic job handling all the people. Especially when we were like "Let's split the party!". I don't have many thoughts on what could be better, but here are a couple things I noticed. First, it was difficult to discern the golem's weakness. It was a tough boss and really well done, but I feel that the fighting time may have been lessened had a bit more of a hint to the weakness been produced. Something along the lines of *As the group nears, they see movement on the island. Vines withdraw into a rocky, jewel encrusted exterior...* ect. Or *The golem opens it's mouth and lets out a shriek of rage as the group are obviously stalling...* ect. Though these could be left open to meta, it might help keep the events a bit more brief, as I think everyone was feeling event fatigue by the end of it. Second thing, I felt bad for the non-combatants as it seemed they had little to do while the fighters were taking on the golem. I know Lannis was tending to them while Elz was DMing the fight, and there's only so much to do with that. I don't have a suggestion for helping/fixing that though. :/
All-in-all, fantastic event and a ton of fun. I'm really looking forward to whatever repercussions we end up facing for defeating the Harvester. :)

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
I won't speak like its on behalf of everyone involved, but I really appreciated the level of detail put into the recent expedition. It was not only thought out, but cohesive, and allowed not only each of the mage types (Eviscists, Formist) with us to interact with the world with their arcane ability, but it also allowed the other players each an avenue to take. The 'boss' at the end was incredibly unique and fun, and the DM was gracious with the copious players involved.

The events team really knocked it out of the park. I liked all the puzzles and details involved.

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
I won't speak like its on behalf of everyone involved, but I really appreciated the level of detail put into the recent expedition. It was not only thought out, but cohesive, and allowed not only each of the mage types (Eviscists, Formist) with us to interact with the world with their arcane ability, but it also allowed the other players each an avenue to take. The 'boss' at the end was incredibly unique and fun, and the DM was gracious with the copious players involved.

The events team really knocked it out of the park. I liked all the puzzles and details involved.
Very much agreed.
Very excited to see where this campaign ends.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
twists and turns, riddles and rhymes. this campaign turns my brain into a confused mess. well done events folks : )

Scardrac

Felsummer
"Best so far" seems to be the general consensus. Very much agree. Use different world spaces more often! Scenery is amazing, you did it very well, everything looked thematic while the things we had to pay attention to were clear and we weren't overwhelmed with "well what is important and what isnt?"

But the shadow people seemed a bit out of place, especially with so many people in such cramped rooms, I didn't get time to fight any of em.

Riddles were good, you have Squid, Blarg, and Niko all working together on logic based encounters. Not too complex, but just enough for good pacing for an event. The last fight was good, I won't personally comment on the "give them time to speak" topic floating around as I personally don't care, but the duality of the boss and its "tree" was a good mechanic for when people just can't seem to get in there to interact with one or the other.

Overall, good, and I hope this isn't the last of cool scenes and philosophical questioning for our characters.

TepigTurtwig

Loyal Servant of Altera
So, I'm relatively new to the server (well, I only came back recently after a long break, more of), so a good chunk of this review will be based on info I've gotten in character and in the recap of the major events, along with the few events I attended.

Positives:
1. Shaking Up the Status Quo

I love how this campaign has really changed the face of the world. First, it moved everyone together and shifted the game into one of a desperate hold-up. Then, it infected Storm's Landing, and divided the Player Base between two lesser-inhabited states, Linlea and Altera. That's just genius from the perspective of throwing all of us out of our element, as well as in keeping the server fresh and new for everyone.

2. High Tension and Suspenceac

The nature of the infected, and their ban from cities, makes for a truly tense situation, especially when combined with hostile political tensions and emerging groups with conflicting interests. The stakes are so nebulous, yet so personal, keeping all of us paranoid and constantly uneasy, which builds more hype for events.

3. Character Focus

I'm not sure how intentional it was, but the character-centric nature of this campaign was brilliant. I have never seen a roleplay server so brilliantly make campaigns accessible to all players while also leaning into the nature of specific characters. Not only did it push certain characters into the spotlight that play off each other in interesting ways, but it also decided to include some incredibly personal and emotional events in there, alongside high-stakes dungeon crawls. Newer players like myself may not get a lot of the small, personal events, but we can still get into the bigger events. This really goes into just how great the cooperation between players and staff is, which reinforces why this server is so awesome to roleplay on.

4. Adding to the Lore

The new lore creatures, especially whatever the entity is that's behind all this ends up being anatomically, are both terrifying and awesome. The staff that are writing this thing are really creative, and are even including actual themes! That's just amazing.

2 Minor Problems:

1. Pacing

This is my only real problem. I think the campaign hasn't been too well paced recently. The natural cadence is a bit wonky, going from a kind of important event to a bunch of research, and then a sudden spike, and then a bunch of other excessive side content. It also tends a bit too much towards small group activities rather than larger events, which impacts why the pacing can often feel so sporadic.

2. Hype and Advertisement

Events aren't too hyped up, so it's easy to miss an event that seemed like an unimportant side thingy but ended being a huge development. A bit more OOC advertisement would be great at luring in the right crowd for events, but maybe this is just me being a newer addition, and, therefore, unable to see the signs.

Overall
Thank you so much for this campaign. It makes me wish I could log on every single day, and roleplay more on the server. I am absolutely hooked on the history and mystery of this story. Please keep it coming.