[Fortress] Nid Arach

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
1544887572860.png
~'[While the world's eye seeks West to destroy Evil, darkness has managed to get a foothold in this world elsewhere]'~

V I O L E N T
Should you attempt an organized attack, you've got to send me a PM first.

~ Region Status: Open ~

Region Owners:
IC: The Dark Order
OOC: Bartooliinii

There is a book in Nid Arach's Library tower that contains all notes
Dark Order Members have written to each other, it looks as the picture below.
book-of-shadows.png

Pieces of Dark Books in Nid Arach's library tell its tale:
"And so it came to be that a spider rose from the pits of the Nether
and settled in the vermin-riddled forests.
Nid Arach, the last hold of Evil, must forever stand,
all the while the forces of Good batter its gates.
Those who come to cleanse, will pay in red.
Blessed be the Black Widow, the Spider on a sheet of blood.
Eight towers, eight sides, eight legs, eight eyes."

Application to join town:
To join this town, you've got to be part of the [Dark Order]. Most of its RP will take place here.
Check out the thread by clicking the link above and apply via PM according to the thread.

Religion:
Nid Arach is the center of veneration of Jishrim, Skraag and Visage.

Organized events at Nid Arach:
The Sacrifice - Sermon of Jishrim

Dungeoneering Nid Arach - The Dark Tale

Rumours:

Soundtrack:

Last edited:

Luam

Lord of Altera
Hero
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Hero
Dont intend on making a character for this myself, but I hope this goes well. Would be nice to see evil-type characters get to exist and not just curb-stomped into the ground everytime they show up.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
*waits for the inevitable siege that starts on this where the location is only learned about through OOC and meta means.*
Godspeed, I wish this project well!

Baron2537

Lord of Altera
*waits for the inevitable siege that starts on this where the location is only learned about through OOC and meta means.*
Godspeed, I wish this project well!
*Takes a seat beside and passes the popcorn.*

Despite sharing the idea with Arch, I would like to see this succeed.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
The Witch King of Angmar would like to know your location.

I would be absolutely down to play a temp-style villain if you need me too :)

I don’t want to poke at your project from the sidelines, but do you intend on keeping the fortress right on the edge of Storms Landing? It’s not the most inconspicuous place to create Spider-Mordor.

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
I don’t want to poke at your project from the sidelines, but do you intend on keeping the fortress right on the edge of Storms Landing? It’s not the most inconspicuous place to create Spider-Mordor.
I'll be honest, I've thought about this myself too, and the possibility of world editing the whole thing some place else. Here's what I concluded.
  • The barren ashlands and the cold north are no habitats for spiders, insects, fungi, etc. Which are things related to Jishrim or otherwise things that can be used for evil. If I want to accommodate evil rp here, I need to be able to grow stuff.
  • The idea of the whole Dark Order is that its members are already woven into society, without people knowing, not even OOC. The spider being in the middle of a normal landscape gives a good contrast; like its members that are among the normal people, the spider is among normal landscape.
  • Doing evil from a remote place is much harder than doing evil right on your own doorstep. It's like commuting to work, that's a bore too! (just joking, but it has an essence of truth; the characters that people do not know as evil only have to be away from SL for two hours to return if they have business to attend to, instead of making a very suspicious long trip and return with flakes of ash in their hair)
I hope this answers your questions! We'll continue doing our stuff here :)

Niko

Lord of Altera
Mentor
I'll be honest, I've thought about this myself too, and the possibility of world editing the whole thing some place else. Here's what I concluded.
  • The barren ashlands and the cold north are no habitats for spiders, insects, fungi, etc. Which are things related to Jishrim or otherwise things that can be used for evil. If I want to accommodate evil rp here, I need to be able to grow stuff.
  • The idea of the whole Dark Order is that its members are already woven into society, without people knowing, not even OOC. The spider being in the middle of a normal landscape gives a good contrast; like its members that are among the normal people, the spider is among normal landscape.
  • Doing evil from a remote place is much harder than doing evil right on your own doorstep. It's like commuting to work, that's a bore too! (just joking, but it has an essence of truth; the characters that people do not know as evil only have to be away from SL for two hours to return if they have business to attend to, instead of making a very suspicious long trip and return with flakes of ash in their hair)
I hope this answers your questions! We'll continue doing our stuff here :)
So I get those reasons but surely someone walking along the road will notice a giant spider fortress and likely go "Holy crap a massive forboding keep that resembles a spider, I must tell everyone I know and their uncle about this".

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
So I get those reasons but surely someone walking along the road will notice a giant spider fortress and likely go "Holy crap a massive forboding keep that resembles a spider, I must tell everyone I know and their uncle about this".
Surely! Let them walk by it ICly and do what their character would do!
Once they do, I can start updating this thread haha

NIAH

Secretly Elz
Retired Staff
"Why yes, come to Compendium. Just pass the giant evil spider that reprsents the god of evil, chaos, and plagues. The fortress just popped up."

oh boy.

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
I'm working hard to have the fort finished for the coming event on the 21st! So here's a little update:
+ Added a piece of myth on the fortress
+ Added two new screen shots
+ Got inspired by Ruu 's town thread, and added some similar headings to hers.
+ Added some basic info including region classification, status, and owners.

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
Nid Arach is finished, the build is complete! (except for ShaolinPunk 's tower).
Though The Fool may be dead, I will be frequenting this build plenty of times OOC and add some little bits here and there to spice it up and make it even more evil.
I had a blast as The Fool and am grateful to have experienced the intense roleplay this character has offered. Cheers all, evil will persist!!!