[Fortress] Nid Arach

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Mentor
Nid Arach - Dark Order's Base of Operations

V I O L E N T
Should you attempt an organized attack, you've got to send me a PM first.

~ Region Status: Open ~

Region Owners:
IC: The Dark Order
OOC: Bartooliinii

Pieces of Dark Books within Nid Arach's Tower of Knowledge tell its tale:
"And so it came to be that a spider rose from the pits of the Nether
and settled in the vermin-riddled forests.
Nid Arach, the last hold of Evil, must forever stand,
all the while the forces of Good batter its gates.
Those who come to cleanse, will pay in red.
Blessed be the Black Widow, the Spider on a sheet of blood.
Eight towers, eight sides, eight legs, eight eyes."

Application to join town:
This town is mostly one large event-site. But should you like to live there, just PM me and we can figure something out!

Religion:
Nid Arach is the center of veneration of Jishrim. But worship of Skraag and Visage is not frowned upon.

Soundtrack:

Organized events at Nid Arach:
The Sacrifice - Sermon of Jishrim - [15th of December 2018]

Dungeon event-series:

Dungeoneering Nid Arach - The Dark Tale - [26th of January 2019]
Dungeoneering Nid Arach - The Dark Tale Continues - [16th of February 2019]
Dungeoneering Nid Arach- The Dark Tale Ends - [2nd of March 2019]
Shards of The Gods - Jishrim - Floor 1 - [24th of March 2019]

DM'ed Fortress visits series:
[Private] - A thief appears - [11th of March 2019]
[Private] - An ignite attacks - [21st of March 2019]
[Private] - A thief eludes - [25th of March 2019]
[Private] The Dark Lord's Mansion - [30th of March 2019]
[Private] - The saving of Sigmar - [29th of April 2019]
[Private] - Of Swords and Lockettes - [9th of May 2019]

The Villains Under the Moon series:
Garuthan the Weak - [3rd of May 2019]
Oozespit the Stubborn - [10th of May 2019]

Nefari The Wicked - [27th of May 2019]

On site Quests:
Named books are for the story, leave them in the chests in order for other players to enjoy it too.
Please take only 1 loot item if there are several of the same.
God names indicate which characters this quest reward might interest.

- Another Key -

This is a first age Quest <Burglarshire>
Starting Location: Nid Arach's River-tower
Requirements: Bring some food, the search may take a while.
Rewards: Fruit tree sapling [Shalheranna] - opportunity to copy a book [Silas] - insight in the times of Burglarshire.

- Rooting for Pearls -
This is a second age Quest <Rahm's Labyrinth>
Starting Location: The cave across the river from Nid Arach
Requirements: a gold ingot, something to write a code on, a free inventory slot
Rewards: Jar of poisonous bugs [Shalheranna] OR Large Shiny Pearl [Jax] - opportunity to do good or evil - insight in the times of Rahm's Labyrinth.

- The Rose blooms -
This is a third age Quest <Nid Arach>
Starting Location: The Mausoleum
Requirements: one free inventory slot
Rewards: Evil item [Jishrim] - a pure rose (you may take another one after the quest is complete) - insight in the times of Nid Arach.

Adventures in Nid Arach
Anyone may request a DM'd visit to Nid Arach to explore the grounds.
You may attempt to enter the fortress, or explore around it, or attempt to enter other buildings around the site.

Of how to go about a visit:

Anyone may request a DM'ed visit to Nid Arach, during which you may encounter people who are all trying to get a place within the Dark Order.
They all have different personalities and can be thwarted in different ways.

Most likely, the only life you will meet in Nid Arach is that of dark beings that have come to look for dark objects and knowledge. It is unlikely you will encounter the four depicted above, since the Dark Order has left Nid Arach by now, but if you do, here's what to expect:

The Masters and apprentices of the Dark Order are the actual OOC people who made it into membership. If they are online you might stumble upon them during your DM'ed visit into the castle. However, they've left Nid Arach by now, so meeting them will not be likely.

The branded guards are guards who are most loyal to the Dark Order. You can expect them to know more about the order and they are not so easily tricked. They often are stationed at places that their masters have particular interest in defending. They also wear better armor than the hired guards.
Hired guards are the people who are only there for the pay. They know very little of the order and are probably more frightened to be there than any intruder is.They will put up a fight though, as they know they'd be dead anyway if they didn't.

Last edited:

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
*waits for the inevitable siege that starts on this where the location is only learned about through OOC and meta means.*
Godspeed, I wish this project well!

Baron2537

Lord of Altera
*waits for the inevitable siege that starts on this where the location is only learned about through OOC and meta means.*
Godspeed, I wish this project well!
*Takes a seat beside and passes the popcorn.*

Despite sharing the idea with Arch, I would like to see this succeed.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
The Witch King of Angmar would like to know your location.

I would be absolutely down to play a temp-style villain if you need me too :)

CloakedReaper

Lord of Altera
I don’t want to poke at your project from the sidelines, but do you intend on keeping the fortress right on the edge of Storms Landing? It’s not the most inconspicuous place to create Spider-Mordor.

Shao

Bring back angry react
Mentor
I don’t want to poke at your project from the sidelines, but do you intend on keeping the fortress right on the edge of Storms Landing? It’s not the most inconspicuous place to create Spider-Mordor.
No one goes out side of s.l don't be silly

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Mentor
I'll be honest, I've thought about this myself too, and the possibility of world editing the whole thing some place else. Here's what I concluded.
  • The barren ashlands and the cold north are no habitats for spiders, insects, fungi, etc. Which are things related to Jishrim or otherwise things that can be used for evil. If I want to accommodate evil rp here, I need to be able to grow stuff.
  • The idea of the whole Dark Order is that its members are already woven into society, without people knowing, not even OOC. The spider being in the middle of a normal landscape gives a good contrast; like its members that are among the normal people, the spider is among normal landscape.
  • Doing evil from a remote place is much harder than doing evil right on your own doorstep. It's like commuting to work, that's a bore too! (just joking, but it has an essence of truth; the characters that people do not know as evil only have to be away from SL for two hours to return if they have business to attend to, instead of making a very suspicious long trip and return with flakes of ash in their hair)
I hope this answers your questions! We'll continue doing our stuff here :)

Niko

Lord of Altera
Mentor
I'll be honest, I've thought about this myself too, and the possibility of world editing the whole thing some place else. Here's what I concluded.
  • The barren ashlands and the cold north are no habitats for spiders, insects, fungi, etc. Which are things related to Jishrim or otherwise things that can be used for evil. If I want to accommodate evil rp here, I need to be able to grow stuff.
  • The idea of the whole Dark Order is that its members are already woven into society, without people knowing, not even OOC. The spider being in the middle of a normal landscape gives a good contrast; like its members that are among the normal people, the spider is among normal landscape.
  • Doing evil from a remote place is much harder than doing evil right on your own doorstep. It's like commuting to work, that's a bore too! (just joking, but it has an essence of truth; the characters that people do not know as evil only have to be away from SL for two hours to return if they have business to attend to, instead of making a very suspicious long trip and return with flakes of ash in their hair)
I hope this answers your questions! We'll continue doing our stuff here :)
So I get those reasons but surely someone walking along the road will notice a giant spider fortress and likely go "Holy crap a massive forboding keep that resembles a spider, I must tell everyone I know and their uncle about this".

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Mentor
So I get those reasons but surely someone walking along the road will notice a giant spider fortress and likely go "Holy crap a massive forboding keep that resembles a spider, I must tell everyone I know and their uncle about this".
Surely! Let them walk by it ICly and do what their character would do!
Once they do, I can start updating this thread haha

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Mentor
I'm working hard to have the fort finished for the coming event on the 21st! So here's a little update:
+ Added a piece of myth on the fortress
+ Added two new screen shots
+ Got inspired by Ruu 's town thread, and added some similar headings to hers.
+ Added some basic info including region classification, status, and owners.

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Mentor
Nid Arach is finished, the build is complete! (except for ShaolinPunk 's tower).
Though The Fool may be dead, I will be frequenting this build plenty of times OOC and add some little bits here and there to spice it up and make it even more evil.
I had a blast as The Fool and am grateful to have experienced the intense roleplay this character has offered. Cheers all, evil will persist!!!