[Fortress] Nid Arach

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Mentor
Nid Arach has been expanded with a giant chimney, polluting the immediate air. If the stench of the rotten tainted ground around the fortress was not enough, now the air is thick with the smell of burning waste.

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Mentor

A new addition to the grounds, a giant statue in honor of the Grand Host that shed a single tear during a Skraag event.
A shrine to Skraag at the place where this creature's cane touches the ground.

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Mentor
Updated:
  • Removed the part saying Nid Arach is the HQ of the Dark Order, since they have either been slain within the castle at the last attack or moved away. Either way, it lies empty now.
  • Added the dates of all the events, so I can be nostalgic one day.
  • Changed how to go about visiting Nid Arach and what one might encounter. This'll be updated in more detail and most likely overhauled after something me and a friend have got planned.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Mystic
I have to say that it's been awhile since I've been so involved in something like this, and it really brings me back to the days of old HW. The fortress feels like something straight out of our older maps and locations, and the more fantastical elements to the events has been very refreshing. It's really inspiring to see someone who's so passionate and dedicated to delivering events and giving players stories of their own. What you've done here is something that the server has been missing for awhile - generating your own RP and activity, without needing to rely on campaigns or anything unattainable to your 'average' player. It's been a pleasure getting to experience the things that happen around this location, and your DMing and kindness has been very much appreciated.

Round of applause.

Elt

Lord of Altera
To add to that, I really appreciated the agency we had with going about our task. It was nice to make our own decisions on where to go and how we'd go about getting there; the exploration actually felt organic. The music you made for the setting also helped sell me on the atmosphere. It made for some fun RP.

Thanks for the event. I hope you continue doing them.

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Mentor
Thank you for the kind words both! I will continue doing them as long as there are people to do them for :)
Without people wanting to do these events, I wouldn't have half the fun I am having now.
The fact that people start to be interested in the region really does cause me to do more with it!

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Mentor
Frostwarts got their hands on an (I think) old book about Vermella. Apparently (I did not know) there is a legendary Jishrimite that once fought Vermella whose name was "Ser Arach". How cool is that? This is why I love books in Altera so much! Makes it all seem so real and related. The older the server gets, the better these things get!