Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Divine Ground] Nid Arach - PvE region

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Nid Arach has been expanded with a giant chimney, polluting the immediate air. If the stench of the rotten tainted ground around the fortress was not enough, now the air is thick with the smell of burning waste.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

A new addition to the grounds, a giant statue in honor of the Grand Host that shed a single tear during a Skraag event.
A shrine to Skraag at the place where this creature's cane touches the ground.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
New theme is up.

Also:
waits for the inevitable siege that starts on this where the location is only learned about through OOC and meta means.
Godspeed, I wish this project well!
Almost half a year without a siege. I am so proud of this community!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Another party is attempting a break-in to access Nid Arach to find lost items of emotional value...

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Updated:
  • Removed the part saying Nid Arach is the HQ of the Dark Order, since they have either been slain within the castle at the last attack or moved away. Either way, it lies empty now.
  • Added the dates of all the events, so I can be nostalgic one day.
  • Changed how to go about visiting Nid Arach and what one might encounter. This'll be updated in more detail and most likely overhauled after something me and a friend have got planned.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
I have to say that it's been awhile since I've been so involved in something like this, and it really brings me back to the days of old HW. The fortress feels like something straight out of our older maps and locations, and the more fantastical elements to the events has been very refreshing. It's really inspiring to see someone who's so passionate and dedicated to delivering events and giving players stories of their own. What you've done here is something that the server has been missing for awhile - generating your own RP and activity, without needing to rely on campaigns or anything unattainable to your 'average' player. It's been a pleasure getting to experience the things that happen around this location, and your DMing and kindness has been very much appreciated.

Round of applause.

Elt

Lord of Altera
Retired Staff
To add to that, I really appreciated the agency we had with going about our task. It was nice to make our own decisions on where to go and how we'd go about getting there; the exploration actually felt organic. The music you made for the setting also helped sell me on the atmosphere. It made for some fun RP.

Thanks for the event. I hope you continue doing them.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Thank you for the kind words both! I will continue doing them as long as there are people to do them for :)
Without people wanting to do these events, I wouldn't have half the fun I am having now.
The fact that people start to be interested in the region really does cause me to do more with it!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Frostwarts got their hands on an (I think) old book about Vermella. Apparently (I did not know) there is a legendary Jishrimite that once fought Vermella whose name was "Ser Arach". How cool is that? This is why I love books in Altera so much! Makes it all seem so real and related. The older the server gets, the better these things get!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Added a small explanation about the Essence of Chaos, without giving away too much of what it can be.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
2 new series have been started.
At Withering Depths: The dungeon telling the tale of Mikhail. It is a series with dungeons that take a few hours to get through.
Resisting Chaos: These will be very short events, where players will make changes to Nid Arach, trying to uproot the evil from an HQ within. They'll get to choose how to proceed from where they left off at the end of each quest, which will determine what the next quest will focus on!

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
A Foothold in Darkness:
A small band of adventurers have come to Nid Arach with a purpose; to set up a hidden HQ from where they can discover more about the fortress and ultimately overcome it entirely. They've moved in the shadows and managed to go mostly undiscovered. As it stands now, it seems whoever occupies the fort now has no idea of their presence within the region. They've managed to find a good spot for the HQ, a disregarded set of ruined little houses, and cleared enough rubble to create a covert base of operations. While clearing rubble, they found several broken items and a smith's hammer, which might prove useful in the future...

Cyrus, Fronslin, Raigo, Vlad and Sugar's exploits have been rewarded:
  • New starting location for events and personal DM'ed visits (instead of down the road) to all who know the base's whereabouts.
  • Reset of 0/3 actions at each new Resisting Chaos mini-event.
  • The next mini-event, where they've voted for: Further exploration in-base.
RP may happen here outside of the mini-events, but the mini-events themselves will be restricted to these five for now.
Magic Intern Fronslin GhostKairo123 Sir Andrew Wallins Ruu Darling

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Huge update to both the region and the addition of these pictures to the main post.
Nid Arach's main building is finally COMPLETE!!!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
UPDATE!
+ Addition of all the relevant lore-pages.
No idea why I haven't done that sooner, but there it is.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
overhaul of the thread to make it in the same style as the Frostwarts thread. It's easier to find what you need now, and it's a better way of making an overview. Deleted unnecessary bits and moved the adventures/quests to a new thread. Then in the end you've got the useful links bit where you can click to other threads for more info.