Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Forum Reorganization

D

Dark Auras

_

Hello,

See new posts for updates.

Completed:
Tomorrow evening (The night of 01/11/2017, morning of 01/12/2017)
We will be performing a forum migration to a new server host. This means the forums will be offline before and during the migration. I estimate the forums will be offline between 1am and 4am EST.

Be advised that we are also switching the domain to a new address, so it may take time for your DNS to catch up. If you are still not able to access the website by 8am on the 12th, please check our Discord's #announcements channel. I will announce there when the website is operational again.

We will also be reorganizing the forums over the next week or so to provide a cleaner, more organized system for informative threads. More information on this to follow as we begin to implement the changes. Keep an eye out!

Edit to clarify
The server is not changing names or domains, web addresses - We will still be "hollowworld.co.uk"
However! We are upgrading our current hardware which will give us more freedom to upgrade the forums and add/edit plugins, something we are currently unable to do. For us to complete this upgrade the server is going to be down for a couple of hours to allow us to transfer all of the files and databases, and ensure everything is running smoothly on the new web server.

Any questions please ask below!

UPDATE
This has been pushed back, will update as soon as I have an updated time!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
uh... is the name changing too?
alot of people dont use discord could you list the new address for them?

D

Dark Auras

uh... is the name changing too?
alot of people dont use discord could you list the new address for them?
The name will still be HollowWorld - Same domain. But because we are updating it to a new IP Address it may take time for your computer to recognize the change.

The Discord is here: https://discord.gg/ZaAappy

D

Dark Auras

This has been pushed back; Will update with times when they are available.

D

Dark Auras

Completed. First fruits of our labor are.. In the tab! You may need to ctrl-f5 a few times to see it.

..Thanks again everyone for your extended patience!

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
There are too few 'recent' threads now. Please fix.
Those are only the threads bumped since the migration. You can still see all of the recents in "New Posts" and the recent threads tab will fill up as more are posted so that it looks like it used to.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Those are only the threads bumped since the migration. You can still see all of the recents in "New Posts" and the recent threads tab will fill up as more are posted so that it looks like it used to.
... :)

D

Dark Auras

Forum attachments are now back alive! Any issues please let me know in the Forums Bug Report thread!

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hey folks,

A few of you may have noticed some custom changes. We went through a forum update to all our plugins and themes for Xenforo. It looks like not everything came through properly and I’ll be doing my best to fix it up over the next week. If anything comes up, let me know below and I’ll put it on the list of things to fix.

And yes, Content Ratings will be disabled until the code is updated to a new usable version.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
We've officially moved to a new style. :) Welcome
Content Ratings are still down. If there are any issues, let me know here!