Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Forum Upgrade Features / Changes

D

Dark Auras

Below are a few of the changes/features with the new Forums - This is a WIP list and will be added to over time.

All new thread/watched thread/etc now found by clicking the dropdown menu on the "Forums" navibar.
Users may now choose their own header background for the forums. There is also an option for "Fluid Width" which is especially useful for those of us with wider screens.
Example with Fluid Width off:
Example with Fluid Width on.. Note the background gif!:
(I think you have to click to see gif version)
Some changes to the post/reply section..
Option to remove formatting (Highlight, click eraser)

Section to edit BB code and test it quickly/insert it into your post

New color picker - There are less readily available colors, but there is a new HEX color picker
Icon in browser indicates alerts with a red dot
Editing threads/posts is now done on-page instead of in a pop-up window
  • "Sticky Header", the navigation bar will remain at the top of the screen as you scroll down

.. More to come

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dark Auras

2nd post due to image limitations

You are now able to create a "quick thread".. While in a forum, above the list of threads, you will see a text-box.. If you click this, you can quickly create and post a thread.

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
Looks really a hell of a lot better than now, great job guys.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Mobile seemed really easy for me to use- What are you looking to do that you cant find?
I didn't know I had to get to the real forums from a button on the hotbar and was just looking for a way there on page. Is there any way to make clicking the logo take me to the main forums again like before instead of announcements?

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
the background of the posts and the background of the forums themselves is pretty strange to look at, but adding in the spaces between each comment/post on a thread is actually hurting my eyes to look at, however, the effort put into this is extremely clear, and the changes that are good were done well

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
Honestly to me it seems like a basic forum. I mean that could be seen as a good thing but to me it seems like someone's tumblr page. Just my opinion.

D

Dark Auras

I didn't know I had to get to the real forums from a button on the hotbar and was just looking for a way there on page. Is there any way to make clicking the logo take me to the main forums again like before instead of announcements?
Thank you for reminding me. Fixed.

the background of the posts and the background of the forums themselves is pretty strange to look at, but adding in the spaces between each comment/post on a thread is actually hurting my eyes to look at, however, the effort put into this is extremely clear, and the changes that are good were done well
This is something we are looking into adressing.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Honestly to me it seems like a basic forum. I mean that could be seen as a good thing but to me it seems like someone's tumblr page. Just my opinion.
I'm really not a fan of any of the changes but could survive if the what's new button came back.

Elt

Lord of Altera
Retired Staff
I really would like some kind of opt-in choice to use the old forum style. It was a lot easier on the eyes and more convenient to navigate.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I really would like some kind of opt-in choice to use the old forum style. It was a lot easier on the eyes and more convenient to navigate.
We'll be sticking to this format, sorry.
We'll try to address the cluttered look on threads, at least. Feedback's important and we've tried our best to make this as forum friendly as possible. Will continue to do so.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Currently on mobile and trying to figure out how to use it. I'm not sure why theres no server announcement home page and I find the colors to be giving me a headache even with the lowest brightness setting. Everything seems a bit too clean cut, to the point it feels almost impersonal to go through the forums.. overall, I dont believe I am a fan of the new change. It just seems harsh to me.

Elt

Lord of Altera
Retired Staff
+ bring back What's New
+ put the Watch Thread button in its old place. let people find the twitter and media stuff that doesn't matter if you're already here on the front page and not on every single thread
+ remove the massive gaps between each post on threads
+ lesson contrast on buttons
+ lesson contrast on the splotches in the background
+ make the forums scroll naturally: don't make them cover up the alerts and inbox when you scroll down, it just looks awkward
+ allow people to hover over the alerts to view them, not have to click
+ reintroduce secondary menu bars, like "recent activity", "watched threads" used to be on the front page.
+ heard lots of complaints already about the mobile version, so look into that.
+ search function is terrible now, painfully slow and lacking necessary features
+ I can't adblock people's horrendous signatures anymore
+ profiles no longer show ratings given/received
+ some replies and post ratings just don't show up in Latest Activity

/feedback

Last edited:
D

Dark Auras

Currently on mobile and trying to figure out how to use it. I'm not sure why theres no server announcement home page and I find the colors to be giving me a headache even with the lowest brightness setting. Everything seems a bit too clean cut, to the point it feels almost impersonal to go through the forums.. overall, I dont believe I am a fan of the new change. It just seems harsh to me.
Server announcement homepage is on the main page of the forums ( http://hollowworld.co.uk )- Also can be accessed by "Home" on the sidebar.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Server announcement homepage is on the main page of the forums ( http://hollowworld.co.uk )- Also can be accessed by "Home" on the sidebar.
I'm used to using the logo for that, so that's where my confusion set in. Having the sidebar seems.. overkill. Overall the forums feels less like a community forum and more like a business page, personally. Not sure if I'm the only one that sees it that way.