Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Forum Upgrade Features / Changes

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
+ bring back What's New
+ put the Watch Thread button in its old place. let people find the twitter and media stuff that doesn't matter if you're already here on the front page and not on every single thread
+ remove the massive gaps between each post on threads
+ lesson contrast on buttons
+ lesson contrast on the splotches in the background
+ make the forums scroll naturally: don't make them cover up the alerts and inbox when you scroll down, it just looks awkward
+ allow people to hover over the alerts to view them, not have to click
+ reintroduce secondary menu bars, like "recent activity", "watched threads" used to be on the front page.
+ heard lots of complaints already about the mobile version, so look into that.

/feedback
This is appreciated. Thanks.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
Love the new forums they look amazing so much better on my eyes and the layout is easier on my ipad to.

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
+ bring back What's New
+ put the Watch Thread button in its old place. let people find the twitter and media stuff that doesn't matter if you're already here on the front page and not on every single thread
+ make the forums scroll naturally: don't make them cover up the alerts and inbox when you scroll down, it just looks awkward
+ reintroduce secondary menu bars, like "recent activity", "watched threads" used to be on the front page.
+ search function is terrible now

/feedback
For the emphasis of it, I'll second this.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hey guys- we'll fix some of these issues. But don't be an ass about it here or take it to other places :) I'd appreciate that very much.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
+ bring back What's New
+ search function is terrible now, painfully slow and lacking necessary features
+ I can't adblock people's horrendous signatures anymore

/feedback
to add to this, the header/logo being smaller again at the top margin and being centered

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
If things like the contrast and general layout are taken care of (I.e putting needless media over the 'what's new?' button.)
I like the direction this could move, and I do like the layout on mobile.

Elt

Lord of Altera
Retired Staff
+ profiles no longer show ratings given/received
+ some replies and post ratings just don't show up in Latest Activity
some additions not already quoted. i'm updating it continually.

D

Dark Auras

maybe im just disabled but is anyone else annoyed by the little space in between posts
As I mentioned earlier, this is something we are looking into addressing.

I'll be honest here guys - I get theres going to be people who like and people who dislike the new look of the forums. Theres always going to be room for improvement, and thats exactly what we want to do. We could never expect to be perfect the first day that this launched; We had a very narrow group of people to review it beforehand (Staff). Of course we're going to look into adjusting and improving to make the forums easy to use, and good looking.
Not everyone is going to agree on one design but we will do our best to fix big issues.

But for people to see this, and immediately decide it is bad, without taking a breath to find out what they dont like about it and commenting that without telling us how much they dislike the new forums and asking to go back, is disheartening. We've spent months working on this - It was a very large and cumulative update. And its not perfect. And that's why we're looking at the feedback (Thank you Elt & others who gave actual feedback).
I understand more than anyone that change is scary, but in this case, necessary. And it is done. And it will be improved upon suggestions and constructive criticism. Simply saying you don't like it for the sake of not liking it will not help the cause of improving it where it can be.

All I ask is if you want to tell us that you dislike the forums; Step back, think about why, and ask if this is something we can improve, such as:
+ bring back What's New
+ search function is terrible now, painfully slow and lacking necessary features
+ I can't adblock people's horrendous signatures anymore
+ profiles no longer show ratings given/received
+ some replies and post ratings just don't show up in Latest Activity

/feedback
This is good feedback, and useful to us. I want to see more of this, because that's how we improve.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
can we get the dislike button back

not for this thread or anything I just want to ask while you're in the stage to make changes

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I do have one question, though. Would it be possible to have images/gifs of regions submitted or will those be the only ones?

D

Dark Auras

I do have one question, though. Would it be possible to have images/gifs of regions submitted or will those be the only ones?
For backgrounds? We could maybe run contests where we can submit images and 1 or 2 get picked to go on for a month.. Rinse repeat next month.. Something to discuss in the future for sure. :)

can we get the dislike button back

not for this thread or anything I just want to ask while you're in the stage to make changes
I think it was removed ages ago because of the negativity it brought, and I wouldn't want to bring it back.
Moving to Xenforo2 was a necessity to keep up with features and more importantly current security updates. I believe Xenforo is in the process of phasing out Xenforo1 updates (including security updates)