Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Forum Upgrade Features / Changes

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
can we get the dislike button back

not for this thread or anything I just want to ask while you're in the stage to make changes
I would use the 'agree button here if it existed

Elt

Lord of Altera
Retired Staff
I get negativity isn't fun, but while it's topical, I'd like the agree and disagree button back. People might use the latter for "dislike" but if they do, just be more strict about its usage. Discourse is necessary for progress.
It'd also be nice for Latest Activity to say "x liked your post" instead of "rated your post ."

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Moving to Xenforo2 was a necessity to keep up with features and more importantly current security updates. I believe Xenforo is in the process of phasing out Xenforo1 updates (including security updates)
Certainly xenforo 2, but is it not the case that CSS is largely portable?

D

Dark Auras

Certainly xenforo 2, but is it not the case that CSS is largely portable?
Our old forums was built on a style long-gone in the wind (its hard to even find online, hasn't been supported for years). Xenforo2 changes the way styles and addons are handled, therefore any Xenforo1 styles/addons are incompatible with Xenforo2. So we looked into what we could do to keep the "feel" and colorscheme of the forums. I think Alec did a great job. Theres things to work out - As we've acknowledged- but the old forums style was not one that we could transfer.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I think it was removed ages ago because of the negativity it brought, and I wouldn't want to bring it back.
For people still asking for the dislike button- I'm not bringing it back. It's been proven in social media sites that a negative rating brings about more toxic communities. We are a social site, therefor, we will stick to either positive or neutral ratings. Or players can voice their dislike through constructive, or at least - not rude, critique.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
I like it. Change nothing.
Yeah I don't really see any big issues with it. Looks cleaner and newer. Good job.

As for everyone else who doesn't like it (on a purely aesthetic note, feature wise is a different story), I'd say give it a few weeks or a month, and if it's still a problem, bring it up then.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I get negativity isn't fun, but while it's topical, I'd like the agree and disagree button back. People might use the latter for "dislike" but if they do, just be more strict about its usage. Discourse is necessary for progress.
It'd also be nice for Latest Activity to say "x liked your post" instead of "rated your post ."
i much prefer people having to say why they agree or disagree in discussion

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
im aware knucklehead! i mean as a button that's right in my face i can just click. hiding things from me behind more clicks, even a single one...

dishonorable.

EDIT:
Solus the discord link on that pretty discord button is expired

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
im aware knucklehead! i mean as a button that's right in my face i can just click. hiding things from me behind more clicks, even a single one...

dishonorable.
make it a bookmark on your bookmark bar. should solve your problem : )

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop

dishonorable.

EDIT:
Solus the discord link on that pretty discord button is expired
Utterly bizarre. It was a permanent discord link we created.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
i much prefer people having to say why they agree or disagree in discussion
We ought to do away with ratings entirely, b/c they dampen discussion. I want people to tell me why they like or love something, not just give it a rating.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Pictures are a bit small, titles beneath names don't show up, and the background is rather too distracting.

Also are there no more signatures? Those were a quick and easy way to find profiles and other stuff so please bring them back because only mine shows up for me.

Edit: Both of the things above have been changed/edited after I disabled adblock but I don't really want ads.

I also heavily dislike that the 'comments' are just that- they don't make for discussion/etc. It reminds me of a facebook post. Is the Zucc watching me on here too, now? They should be in a thread string along like they used to be to promote discussion.
It's way overcluttered and my eyes are burning after using it for like 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Edit: Both of the things above have been changed/edited after I disabled adblock but I don't really want ads.
It has nothing to do with ads- I had Tiberione edit his post here so it wasn't formatted differently than other threads. So you can re-enable it.

@Solus the discord link on that pretty discord button is expired
It should be working now.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Question- am I blind, or was the "your threads"/"threads you posted" button removed? I can access all my content but not specifically my posted threads.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Thread margin gaps have been edited as have the color of texts.

Question- am I blind, or was the "your threads"/"threads you posted" button removed? I can access all my content but not specifically my posted threads.
Check here:

1524787914149.png