Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Forum Upgrade Features / Changes

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Can we add the monkey emoji where it covers its eyes, other than that I like the new forums.

Elt

Lord of Altera
Retired Staff
We ought to do away with ratings entirely, b/c they dampen discussion. I want people to tell me why they like or love something, not just give it a rating.
I'm entirely against people repeating the same ideas over and over when they can just click an "I agree" button. Not all discussion is useful discussion.

Besides, I doubt many have time to draft up adequate replies to any content they enjoy (see: art, projects, etc.) or agree with (discussions/debates).

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
I'm entirely against people repeating the same ideas over and over when they can just click an "I agree" button. Not all discussion is useful discussion.

Besides, I doubt many have time to draft up adequate replies to any content they enjoy (see: art, projects, etc.) or agree with (discussions/debates).
I don't disagree. My comment was more so to draw attention to that exact reasoning but as applied to the (disagree) ratings.

This being said, I don't care much either way what ratings we have-- they just don't mean much.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
crisis averted they're fine now :)

you should have all remained as calm as i was! not a single moment of panic.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Seeing the recent fixes, and it's a lot easier on the eyes. The rest are just things I'll have to get used to. (By no fault of the staff, simply how Xenforo seems to have updated it's systems)

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I'm used to using the logo for that, so that's where my confusion set in. Having the sidebar seems.. overkill. Overall the forums feels less like a community forum and more like a business page, personally. Not sure if I'm the only one that sees it that way.
Currently on mobile and trying to figure out how to use it. I'm not sure why theres no server announcement home page and I find the colors to be giving me a headache even with the lowest brightness setting. Everything seems a bit too clean cut, to the point it feels almost impersonal to go through the forums.. overall, I dont believe I am a fan of the new change. It just seems harsh to me.
I agree

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
My final quality of life suggestion is either changing the only non-minecraft screenshot background option to either a brown like the bottom of the page or changing the alerts bar font color from white.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
My final quality of life suggestion is either changing the only non-minecraft screenshot background option to either a brown like the bottom of the page or changing the alerts bar font color from white.
We all need to hide the shame.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
This might have been answered already or I might be missing it, but was the “search this thread only” option removed?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
This might have been answered already or I might be missing it, but was the “search this thread only” option removed?
Page 3 answers where to find 'all threads by one player'. But this seems to be to search something in one thread section? See top Nav bar and click the Search-scope icon to get here. You can search threads by keyword or specific player and specify which forum section to look in.

1524813589495.png

ForestRose

The rosiest of forests.
ForestRose
ForestRose
I don't know if it can be changed, but before when a thread would pop up it'd have the user who created it's icon, now it's whoever last posted. This isn't a big issue but I just get confused and think "Why would I ever be following something that disgusting BoredBrit has made?" instead of this informative thread.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I don't know if it can be changed, but before when a thread would pop up it'd have the user who created it's icon, now it's whoever last posted. This isn't a big issue but I just get confused and think "Why would I ever be following something that disgusting BoredBrit has made?" instead of this informative thread.
i actually hate you irl.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I had 4 alerts, but when I clicked on alerts I saw only 3 and I couldn't scroll through the rest. Unless I click show all... but that brings me to a new window and I don't want that. Can this be fixed? It would be really annoying to have to open that tab every time I get more than 3 alerts

D

Dark Auras

I had 4 alerts, but when I clicked on alerts I saw only 3 and I couldn't scroll through the rest. Unless I click show all... but that brings me to a new window and I don't want that. Can this be fixed? It would be really annoying to have to open that tab every time I get more than 3 alerts
I'm not sure what's going on here- I woke up with 6 alerts and see all of them

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
It’s possible someone unrated a post which removed the 4th alert. The alerts have always shown only the most recent pinged activity. So you’d have to click a new window to look at all your older alerts even in the old site layout. If there is another sort of bug where the number of alerts is different, let us know. We’ll wait for it to occur again just to be sure.

Will look over styling issues over time.

could a bar like this: http://i.prntscr.com/NNHWUc_8QoOIbrFyxAWhsw.png

be added at the bottom of the page. like the old forums. so we can scroll down and just click back to forums as opposed to having to scroll all the way back up.
Mobile and Desktop has an arrow that scrolls you back up. Does it not show up for you?

DB97F518-F3D5-458D-A74F-39FBF71CEF2A.png

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
It’s possible someone unrated a post which removed the 4th alert. The alerts have always shown only the most recent pinged activity. So you’d have to click a new window to look at all your older alerts even in the old site layout. If there is another sort of bug where the number of alerts is different, let us know. We’ll wait for it to occur again just to be sure.

Will look over styling issues over time.

Mobile and Desktop has an arrow that scrolls you back up. Does it not show up for you?

oh. that exists what. that is weird.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
oh. that exists what. that is weird.
Yep- and the top navigation bar will stay fixed, as opposed to not having one at all like the last format, so you can easily go back to forums that way, too.