Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Free region] The Grounds of Time

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Good morning, afternoon, evening, night.
Time to talk about time in RolePlay!

Time.
Time progresses, and we all do it in our own way, and that's great!
Everyone has the freedom to choose to age their character or to skip time to fast-travel.
In the region I've created, time will be playing a central role.

The Region.
The Grounds of Time is an area where time progresses in fixed stages.
People can come here to RolePlay and they will notice this environment changes at least once every month.
As a result, plants will grow, dust will gather, wood will rot, pets will be born, pets might die, etc.
The goal of this region is for people to have a place to visit alone, or in a group, where there is always something to discover. As well as to create!
I've placed it in a neutral area, so that anyone can come and do stuff. If RP leads to it becoming someone's property, then so be it! But for now it is neutral.

The Location.
The Grounds of Time are located within walking distance from spawn.
(but outside their sphere of influence, don't you worry about that :) )
Naamloos.jpg

Your Permissions.
The Grounds of Time will be as accessible as I can possibly make them with the permissions of /region.
You'll be able to open doors, open chests, and I'll even give you permissions to alter blocks!
Freedom is great, but uncoordinated freedom leads to chaos and destruction. So here are some rules to follow: (besides the server-rules of course!)
1. Stay In-Character while you are at The Grounds of Time.
2. Because you are In-Character, you cannot take or use more items than you could carry.
3. Since you're In-Character, you cannot build a wall if you are not a stonemason, nor can you hunt a rabbit if you're not skilled with trapping or archery. You get the gist.
4. Everything you alter has consequences! For example: If you take/steal tools that lie in the area, the building that is being build will take longer to complete, or the builder might even go broke and so the building will not be finished at all
5. If you change anything or do maintenance on bushes, please alter the blocks but also indicate it with a sign describing your actions, like: "[!] someone pruned the leaves here." along with a date.
6. when interacting with things that are obviously built by another player, let this person know before you start heavily altering their build. Building in my region means you have a chance that other people alter your build, but let's try to avoid unnecessary conflict!
7. No digging around. There is too much redstone in the floor to dig basements! :p

These are all the rules for now, perhaps more will come, perhaps not :)
Reading through these rules, you might have noticed you are in control of a lot that happens!
If you indicate with signs that you're often walking the same path, then in time the grass will disappear and there'll be a path carved out by you! And-so-on, the possibilities are endless!

Your character is invited to come and do whatever they like with this land.
Perhaps he's a farmer?
Farming here is very interactive, including factors like weeds, moisture, the weather, random interesting plants growing, beetles affecting the crop, etc.

Making a small hut?
Perhaps a community of people will form here? Every structure will get a sign now and then on a certain spot explaining something started to rot or there might be moist spots on the walls. If the problem is not addressed and the sign not removed, the rot will set in :) if there are some buildings, I might even buy some villager eggs and set up empty shops to have civilians around!

Some hunters sowing trees for to make hunting grounds?
When I see signs indicating hunters, I'll add bird nests, rabbit holes, swine burrows, etc!

Or training grounds of some soldiers?
Or mercenaries claiming the land? Thieves? Robbers?
Use your imagination!

I hope to see you soon at the grounds of time!
ENJOY THE GROUNDS OF TIME!!

Region hosted mini encounters:
When you come across this, you have a choice to interact with it.
To interact with it, RP your interaction and place a sign explaining what you did.

The Herbalist or Farmer's Encounter
Untitled.jpg
Examples: You may dig it out and place it somewhere else, water it, give it fertilizer, prune it, etc.

The Hunter Encounter:
Untitled.jpg
Besides placing a sign of your actions, also build / construct a visible trap.
Examples: A snare, a pitfall, something falling from above, etc.

The Treasure Encounter:

Untitled.jpg
somewhere on the grounds of time there is an outlaw outpost.
A treasure will be hidden each week, with a hint on a sign leading to it.
Find the outpost, solve the riddle on the sign, find your treasure, LOOT

The Circle of Pillars:

circle of pillars.jpg
In the center of this region there is a circle of pillars with levers and lights.
When there is a sign on the pillar, it means something is connected to it.
Have fun finding out what and where!

Burglar's Market:
Market all.jpg
You are allowed to rent out a stall (one per person) to sell your goods here!
Or stroll along the market to buy things you like.

The Museum:
museum.jpg
The museum hosts several IC and OOC relics of the past.
Please enjoy reading about these items, but never take an item
from an itemframe. And return the books after reading to the right chest.
ENJOY! :)

The Dungeon Encounter:
There is a dungeon somewhere on the grounds of time.
It's growing and in the end will have four mini-dungeons to solve.
If you really don't know how to proceed, here are the solutions:
If you haven't done the dungeon yet and you want to do it with a few friends, do not open the spoiler.
Because you will know how to solve each room and it won't be a fun experience at all:

The southern dungeon:
First room, the circular one with three doors, of which two are open. The sign says: "There is nothing to gain if you have nothing to lose" This indicates that you have to sacrifice 'something'. The thing that most people do is walk straight onto the pressure plate, but that will lock you behind the door. The key is to drop an item on both pressure plates, and the third door will open. Unless you have brought slaves to sacrifice! There is a lever on the other side of the door to keep the door open and release anyone who potentially got himself locked.
Second room, the redstone one with traps everywhere. The sign says: "Wealth may come at the cost of health" , this is a warning not to open any chests. The chests on the redstone layer will activate things, the chests on the stone layer will not. Activate the chest on the redstone layer at your right, when looking at the sign, to open the doorway. Watch out below, it spills lava. There is again a lever on the other side to keep the door open for your friends.
Third room, the one with the ledge and the four buttons. The sign says: "A great memory and a keen eye will today safe your life" this refers to the pit in which you arrive. There are four doors there of which one is the dungeon you went through. These doors signify Dawn, Noon, Dusk, and Midnight. You've walked through the noon door. If you press the noon button, the redstone wall at the bottom of the stairs will open and if someone goes through while you press it, they can flick a lever and keep the door open from the other side. Pushing any of the other buttons will result in you crashing down as the floor opens beneath you.
Fourth room, the one with the four levers and five symbols. The sign says: "Only where the sun does dwell is one able to read well" This refers to the directions of a compass. North, East, South, West. The sun never shines from the North, so the only symbols you would be able to read if the sign is right, are the ones on the East, South and West walls. These symbols hold a golden block in the following order: up, down, down, up. Match the levers with this code and the door opens.

Region Hosted mini-events:
The region will host mini-events when a certain amount of people are in the area and I'm online.
Examples:
- Harsh sea-winds and heavy rain may cause mud-flows and pooling of water in ditches. -
- Animals might cross the region -
- Robbers or bandits (temp chars) might be in the area -
- A campfire story night -

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
righto, I think I have finished the thread now, with updates and all.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
added the treasure encounter and made the pictures a bit smaller :)

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
Let me fight Bandits alone mate, I don't need other scrubs.
Well maybe Pod, but still.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The Grounds of Time have been updated again!
There's some progress in the growing of one of the farm-plants, there is more weeds growing now and there is a start of a new house with some options for people who come across it! :)
Also updated all signs that were placed by you before this date.

I had the question whether or not the region is still open or private. It's definitely public and anyone can come and enjoy themselves. See ya at the next update!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The Grounds of Time have been updated a wee bit again.
There's some more plants growing, a bit of new loot, snares have been filled with food and some bird landed somewhere.
I was happy to see some activity going on there from the signs I've read :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Another update at the Grounds of time.
The entire plot of land is now overgrown with knee-high grass. Bushes dotted around the area are starting to grow bigger and wildlife has started to appear more in this lush wild land brushed by the river.
Fish band together between the reeds, rabbits are abundant and in early silent mornings one could even spot a deer at the treeline. Nature is starting to take over, except near the few tiny houses and huts near the road.
Without cultivation or settlement, this land is well on its way to become a dangerous wild forest. Oh, and Squid-Beard has taken residence somewhere with his small personal library.

Cheerio from the grounds of time!