Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Fundraiser] New Map! 1570/1100

COMPLETED!
To continue to show support for the server and cover our costs for the next few months, consider the following global rewards!

Global rewards per every $100 over target:
1100: new voting milestones will be implemented!
1200: double cobble price for 2 weeks, 1.1x ores on next sorrows map
1300: 40 emeralds per vote for 1 month
1400: 50 emeralds per vote for 1 month (replaces the 1300 bonus)
1500: double cobble price for 1 month, 1.25x ores on next sorrows map (replaces 1200 bonus)

The staff team are happy to announce that a new primary map has been in the works for some time. To ensure that we can provide top quality, we have decided to purchase a map rather than make one ourselves. The map will come from a terraformer who is very dedicated to his craft, which means the map will be of high quality.

This new map will be BIGGER, BETTER, and cooler. It is also very expensive. We therefore would like to call for donations for the purpose of purchasing this beautiful map. The map we hope to purchase is over twice the size of our current map and features one main continent and some islands.

Our target is $1,100. We will keep track of progress on the second post.

If you are interested in donating, please go here: http://hollowworld.buycraft.net/

If you already have donator perks, consider buying them for a friend!

These are snippets of what's to come. We are striving to provide quality RP experience, and we believe a new map of this magnitude will set us apart. We are among the best RP servers; it's time our map is too!

We need help to hit the target $1,100 amount to purchase this map. Any and every contribution helps. Those of you who said you'd donate for a new map, now is the time!

If you are interested in donating, please go here: http://hollowworld.buycraft.net/

FYI: Expect more details on the mechanism for moving builds at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Hey, if we have any questions about this new map? Should we ask them here or will separate non-announcements thread be made?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Comments:

That's equivalent to the budget for the entire server for a whole year.

For all the sake of openness and discussion being projected out from staff, you don't discuss with the community a full map change + spending literally all the server donation money?

Does this imply that the intended destination of the current campaign has always been intended for an Exodus-like event? Does that not mean the whole thing is railroaded and all external participation is meaningless?

Yes it looks pretty, but did you guys forget Tayo ? (Everybody forgets Tayo. :( )

Hey, if we have any questions about this new map? Should we ask them here or will separate non-announcements thread be made?
Whoops, guess I jumped the gun.

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Seems we're asking here. I was immediately thinking, much like Michcat "How are we going to get our builds copied over?" "What if they don't copy them because they don't match the pretty aesthetic of the new map?" I wont deny an example such as my Aeroch Nor sea stacks. Where would they go?

And I'm sure there are plenty of other towns and cities that would struggle with a transfer too.

On top of that, we have to be honest and say the server doesn't have the largest of all MC Populations. Do we even need a bigger map. Barely populating the one we have currently.

Apologies, these are just my initial thoughts and reactions.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
And also, for our amount of players, likely only a strong scattered 10-20% will be used- IF EVEN!

Ddaug

Lord of Altera
Yessss.

A bigger and new map is an awesome idea in my mind. Our map is cluttered with old regions and is running out of interesting spots to build. Worth all the downsides to me.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
On top of that, we have to be honest and say the server doesn't have the largest of all MC Populations. Do we even need a bigger map. Barely populating the one we have currently.
Largely because we have the worst map out of any of our competitors. Just with recent changes we've gone from 25 on a good day to near reaching 40 every afternoon.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Should clarify: Yes, there will be a mechanism to move regions over to the new map, don't panic.

There is no reason to stop working on current regions.

Furthermore, the donations for standard server upkeep will not go into paying for the map - this is why we have opted instead to run a staff and player fundraiser.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I'll buy three legends ranks. Whoever wants a legend rank can send me a forum convo about with a haiku about grapes. Best haiku gets a legend rank, so that I can donate to the cause.

I would like to point out that amount of difficulty players have found in making new regions lately, because it's so massively cluttered. Could be good for new players to get a foothold on the face of Altera.

Edit:

Winners:
Mitch for poetry
Snerus for making me laugh
IanAwesomePants for sheer quantity of haiku

Will do later today.

Last edited:

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Should clarify: Yes, there will be a mechanism to move regions over to the new map, don't panic.

There is no reason to stop working on current regions.

Furthermore, the donations for standard server upkeep will not go into paying for the map - this is why we have opted instead to run a staff and player fundraiser.
If you allow builds to be moved over you get several 'from creative' towns being pasted in, and ruining the aesthetic of the very expensive map, and several other builds built into terrain are either copied with terrain, ruining the aesthetic, or don't get copied.

Not to mention we have no lore justification for this.

JustTooRadical

Lord of Altera
I- well. I don't think this is the best idea. I love the map, looks hella cool, but seriously? 1,100 dollars for a Minecraft map? I think that the one we have is good enough, seeing as we don't even have too many people playing, most of the towns hardly have even 10 members, and we don't need any more.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
moving regions is lame

give people refunds for all region costs + some of their resources