Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Gaby's basic profile

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Name: Gabriela

Nickname/Alias: Gaby, though the list of strange monikers people give her include:
Dino,
Dragon Girl,
Puppy
Height: 5’10”
Weight:178 lbs, and she’s not happy about it.
Favorite Color: red
Hair: black, unless it’s fur.
Eyes: black as the night sky
Skin: it’s covered in brown fur.
Identifying Marks: the fur.
Appearance: looks like an adorable little furry girl in a tunic, which she is...

History: Gaby never wanted to fight. in the little village she grew up in, far far away, she was perfectly content to sit in her secret glade and watch the roses grow. but of course, some werewolf bit her, and of course, because villagers are scared to death of furry people, they chased her out. without a home, Gaby tried village after village after village, but to no avail. they all waved pitchforks at her. finally, she asked the town of port silver in Altera if she could build a house there. the king evidently had more pressing concerns than a friendly werewolf who happened to like wool, because he let her stay in Altera. and there she has lived, helping with projects, digging tunnels for days and a time, and occasionally mentioning some cult of redstone before quickly covering her mouth. she's an odd one.

Personality: she seems to act on whim, sometimes forgetting why she decided to do something. ridiculously talkative, she constantly babbles childishly about whatever grabs her attention. she also tends to be singlemindedly focused on 4 things: tunnels, the color red, wool, and redstone. she may get disappointed when something bad happens, but so far, she's never truly been upset... so far. perhaps the happiness is just a facade... no. that's ridiculous. this girl is a terrible actor.

likes: the color red, roses, wool, red wool, redstone, digging, cats (and tyrans), dogs, sheep, and the moon

dislikes: spiders, racial prejudice (she is very sensitive about that and will blow up in your face, and threaten to kill you, if you judge by appearance at all.)

Gaby

Lord of Altera
beyond the backstory:
*ahem*
so when I got into altera, I met this nice guy named james, and we walked around outside port silver. I don't remember much of those days, but it was fun. and scary. eventually though, I heard very loud ramblings (the sort that you can hear from miles away), and, curious, I decided to take a look. I found a fort in the middle of the woods somewhere to the south of port silver. in that fort was a guy and a dwarf trying to get this shy girl to get into the fortress.
I decided to hang around, (because, I don't know why!), and eventually, the girl decided to show herself. the girl was interesting because, well, she was a kitty girl. the guy (whose name is Ocato) was saying something about tyrans killing his brother and she was connected to tyrans or something like that (eventually, I learned that she was a tyran), but all that went through my mind was "kitty! it's a cute little kitty! I wanna be her friend!" so eventually, somehow, she got into the fortress. she thought I was pretty funny, and we became instant friends. but of course I discovered that when night fell, a creepy demon would throw monsters at us. I stayed in my house of red wool at such times.
but otherwise, life was fine. we renovated the fortress, I got seeds to grow wheat, ocato went around losing sleep over the demon, and me and kitty, i mean, meg, were bestest buds...

Gaby

Lord of Altera
so I decided to look around for meg's tree, because I think i saw it during my adventures with james, and I got a bit lost, and then I heard these two guys talking really loud. they appear to have been talking to a lady. I reached meg's tree and found them. one was a dark elf, and the other was clearly a vampire (fangs and red eyes, dead giveaway). they were talking to meg. they were saying they hunted lycans, aka, werewolves, aka me. meg is not an idiot. she realized I could be in danger. we ran.
I don't run fast. too clumsy, and too heavy. somehow, though, I managed to get a good distance behind them, maybe because they were shouting that they only hunt evil werewolves. so we stopped, and listened, and they agreed not to hurt me. meanwhile, they had plans to stay at ocato's place. I ran over there as fast as I could, because no way would they be getting there before me. I managed to get there before them, because I know shortcuts. they were standing at ocato's door, asking to be let in, and promising that they wouldn't hurt me. so we let them in. they're actually not that bad. the vampire's name is endless coma, or just coma for short, and the dark elf is vanith. they've been childhood friends for like decades.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
so we went and renovated the fortress again, with some good sleeping quarters for everyone. coma was complimenting meg every half-second, and vanith was making dirty jokes every half-second <.< . I also found some epic awesome holy redstone, and added it to my refurbished red house. oh, one more thing. meg has a magic song that makes trees grow, so she had this really big one and that was her home. then the trouble started.

so one rainy night, coma left this note in meg's tree. she can't read, so she aked me to read it. I couldn't. it was too cute! so coma read it:
"megan, I love you more than any other"
at first, I thought it was just very sweet platonic love, then of course, I realized what coma meant by "love". that was even more cute! d'awwwww! I was ready to plan the wedding right there! but then Vanith came over, read the note, and said "wow, meg. coma really hates you." then he started telling her all these horrible things that coma was supposedly going to do to her (oh, i couldn't possibly tell you. it's too much for me to think about). I knew that wasn't true. I read the note myself. I was about to call out vanith on his mean and cruel trick, but then a spider attacked me and I had to run.
by the time I came home, the fort was in chaos. as soon as I was in earshot, I started shouting really angrily at vanith. meg had ran off, and with good reason. as far as she knew, this vampire was going to take her, and...
anyway, vanith said he didn't want to sabotage the relationship, and coma added that ocato switched around the notes. frankly, I didn't know who was the real bad guy, and I was too mad to care. I was going to find meg and get away from the fort as fast as I could. but then everyone quieted down, and ocato said "I have a confession to make." he did switch around the notes and, I quote, he "didn't want that cat to get between us."(he was talking to coma)
man, I was ticked. "that cat? THAT CAT?!" I yelled. (yes, I know, I called meg kitty, too. but that was in a cute way. this was different.)
but coma noticed that ocato referred to him and coma as us, and this is where it gets ridiculous.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
ocato had fallen in love with coma, and was jealous of meg. yeah. I know. we were all shocked that ocato was gay. but ocato said: "how does that make me gay?"
coma says "dude, I'm a guy," and I add "that's the definition of gay."
well, ocato thought coma was a girl. if you ever saw coma, you'd see how much ocato needs glasses. he's not exactly effeminate. we got tired of all this nonsense, so me, vanith, and coma all walked out of the fort to go find meg's tree.
this seems like a good place to stop the story for now.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
further beyond the backstory:

so at one point, I lost track of coma and vanith, but I found the tree, so I made a path of torches from the entrance of port silver to her tree. if you look across the river at night, you can still see the path.
it was never used, though. Vanith found the house i made nearby before I led him to the tree.
my encounters of my friends were short and sparse, and I took advantage of the time I waited for them to try digging tunnels again. one day, I found James again. not sure where to resume our adventures, we walked to meg's tree. this time, she was there. this was the first time I saw meg after the "incident." I immediately started to explain to meg how ocato switched around the notes and coma really loved her, while also trying to explain to james the entire story. I'm not sure if meg got the message, but james was listening. throughout ocato's interactions with meg, I felt I was missing something important about the relationship between tyrans and humans, so I asked James about it. oh, boy, did I get an answer. I scarcely remember the exact words, but the images those words called up will haunt me forever (I can't say it myself, but here is a good history). as you can imagine, I was mad. it reminded me exactly of all the times I was attacked by otherwise nice townsfolk just because I look like an animal. after that meeting, I decided I would form a guild to make sure this would never happen again. unfortunately, I don't have a hometown...

Gaby

Lord of Altera
So Past the Backstory, You Have No Idea.​

so... lots of things happened after that. I didn't need to find some way to make my guild official, because there was no more official. the kings apparently gave up on trying to keep count of them all. so, yeah.​
I wandered around, made my safehouse pretty, met strange guys (like a space viking, and a guy who might be part-elf or part-tree), saw the elf city Aeglirolion (holy redstone, that is hard to spell), and generally explored my new home in peace. I also almost got killed by Ocato, who attacked with no warning. ok, so maybe I was asking for it when I said he "wasn't worth a drop of his brother's blood."(who knew he'd be so sensitive?) but anyway, I guess the event that marks the end of that period started when I got engaged to joel. oh, but you knew that already, didn't you? I wouldn't be surprised if my parents, far, far away, knew every single detail about what happened to the daughter they kicked out. anyway, a few days after i said "yes," I decided to go see meg. she was gone.​

I kept shouting "meg? meg! meeeg!" but she wasn't there. by then, she was far away. meg's smell only hung in faint patches around the tree, but with that smell was another, also very faint, of no one that I knew. it wasn't james, it wasn't coma, it wasn't ocato, it wasn't the dwarf, but it was a guy.​
I never really took stock in that old saying that dogs can smell fear, but at that moment, I could swear I did.​
of course, I told Joel. knights are supposed to handle this sort of thing. and of course he agreed to help meg (though he was a bit skeptical that meg was kidnapped). but the tree where meg lives is surrounded by running water. the only way you can get in is by swimming. and even past that, it was a time where it was raining, and raining, and snowing in the snowy places. still, I managed to follow the scent (now that I think about it, my sense of smell must have been stronger than a bloodhound's) all the way to a church that was being restored.​

in that church was a person working on the grounds. I thought that guy was the one who kidnapped meg, because the trail stopped there, but I was looking all over the place, and I couldn't find meg. the guy said meg had vanished. eventually, I calmed down and realized the guy was a girl, so scratch that one off the list (I pulled an ocato!). her name is fish, and she's actually a nice person, actually doing her job with working on the church. in fact, everyone working on the church was a girl. I told her about what I found at meg's tree, and she told me there was this one guy, with a name she couldn't remember, who was being really pervy about meg. on the list of suspects, he was the biggest. so I decided to stay there, waiting for this strange guy to come back to the church, and along the way, helping fish with her restoration project...​

Gaby

Lord of Altera
the guy never came back, and neither did meg, but one day, I was *really* tired. I was just sort of sleepwalking, even though morning was just around the corner. I'm usually so chipper in the morning. anyway, I went to bed, woke up, and felt much more refreshed. I wasn't smelling so many things as before, but I didn't really notice until I got lost in a cave. for reference, that never happens. ever. I'm the tunnel master. I once connected two tunnels completely far away from eachother! I could tell iron ore from rock in a pitch-black cavern! I don't get lost in a sandstone-roofed cave!
then of course, I actually looked down at my own hand. no fur, no claws.
I was a human.
I know most werewolves turn from man to wolf-man every full moon, but not me. I'm kinda furry all the time. so when I suddenly turn human, it's big. maybe it was the juxtaposition of the church with the dungeon right underneath it. maybe it was the fact that I had just gotten engaged a few days earlier (true love's first kiss? I never kissed joel). either way, I became human, and I've never turned back since.
so a while after, I grew tired of waiting, and said goodbye to fish to go look for some authority to help me.