Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Gambling In Altera

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Hey everyone! I wanted to talk about the various kinds of gambling people have done ICly and how they went about it. Me and a few others are opening gambling halls in the coming map and I've a few games I Found and some I invented but I wanted to collect a census of players who have done the same.Heres a few I know of-

- Chess
- Dice
- "Flint"
- Dropper roulette

I'd love to make a good long list but MC has quite a few limitations making gaming difficult.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I've played Chess ICly before, played a online website with the other person while we RP'd, for immersion.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Played dice before! We used a dice roller online and then played swindlestones ic!
How did you show the dice? I've been wanting to introduce pirate's Liars dice but you can't hide your rolls (than show them) as is nessary.
I've played Chess ICly before, played a online website with the other person while we RP'd, for immersion.
Yes! I heard about that. was a few years ago at a lavo event right? You don't remember the site you used do you?

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
How did you show the dice? I've been wanting to introduce pirate's Liars dice but you can't hide your rolls (than show them) as is nessary.

Yes! I heard about that. was a few years ago at a lavo event right? You don't remember the site you used do you?
Nope, it was more recent, back in December I think.

http://multiplayerchess.com/

MorbidGabby

Lord of Altera

We did a dice roller online, two separate things so no one can see what we rolled, then when it was time to reveal what we had in our hands we just emoted it
ex: *She lifted her hand away from the table revealing a 4, 3, 2, 3, and a 3*
http://www.roll-dice-online.com/

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
We did a dice roller online, two separate things so no one can see what we rolled, then when it was time to reveal what we had in our hands we just emoted it
ex: *She lifted her hand away from the table revealing a 4, 3, 2, 3, and a 3*
Seems a good way to do things. Hopefully players rant cheating OOCly… I sapose you could post Screen caps if the need arose

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
We should make poker a thing. Several centuries before its original inception.
I've been reading a lot about card games in the 1500s. There were early versions we could get by. (Also considering the Ace of spades didn't exist tell much later but it's Jax's symbol I assume there is a level of suspension of disbelief.)

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
So- I made cards some time ago in the sorrows (With a few complaints. A massive floating card has been known to hurt immersion.)

Im not sure if I should give this another shot and finish it- or how… or where…

But Im curious if anyone is interested in helping me finish this project.

EDIT: In theory one could just as easily rename stacks of paper to a similar effect.But it loses a bit of cool factor...

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
So- I made cards some time ago in the sorrows (With a few complaints. A massive floating card has been known to hurt immersion.)

Im not sure if I should give this another shot and finish it- or how… or where…

But Im curious if anyone is interested in helping me finish this project.

EDIT: In theory one could just as easily rename stacks of paper to a similar effect.But it loses a bit of cool factor...
I think I might not be understanding, but what purpose would giant floating cards serve? If it's just because you want to build them, you could probably use the borders of the creative map. But I don't think the Sorrows map would be quite right for doing them again, imo.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I think I might not be understanding, but what purpose would giant floating cards serve? If it's just because you want to build them, you could probably use the borders of the creative map. But I don't think the Sorrows map would be quite right for doing them again, imo.
The map makes IG playing cards for RP.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Creative dosnt work becuase inventorys don't transfer. And I don't want to use any staff worlds becuase I am not an aboose