Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Gambling In Altera

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
- A game of horse-race. You place a line of 12 blocks and on top of the first block of each line you place a custom head or a button or anything small. You roll d6 and every time you roll a 6, your horse moves one block further. You roll in turns, so the first to get to block 12 wins (Inspired by shagai)
I don't even have to do the math to tell you that would involve a ton of rolls.

1-: back a space
2-4: stay
5-6: move up

Is a faster game.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend

Is a faster game.
I made/played some games using my character Kublai:
- Simple black-jack, but instead of trying to get to 21 by yourself, you throw dice together, so you can see the others coming close simultaneously, which might alter your strategy.
- Simple black-jack, but when you go over 21, you're not necessarily bust. Instead, you are allowed to double your wager (while the others' stakes remain the same) to stay in the game and try again. If you get bust again, you do get bust.
- A game of horse-race. You place a line of 12 blocks and on top of the first block of each line you place a custom head or a button or anything small. You roll d6 and every time you roll a 6, your horse moves one block further. You roll in turns, so the first to get to block 12 wins (Inspired by shagai)
I would like to inspire from your ideas for a future event if possible

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

Is a faster game.
Not all games are D&D, this game is what people in Mongolia play with a set of knuckle-bones from sheep. It has 4 sides to fall on, if it falls on the 'horse-side' (which is the hardest for it to fall on. Since it's a piece of bone, it's not a d4) they move the horse one space forward. So fast or not, I enjoy playing it this way. I also made my own set of Shagai (knucklebones) back home, so I know it does work.

I would like to inspire from your ideas for a future event if possible
sure go ahead!

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
I found a godsend website for OOC cheat blocking in gambling games and making dice hand games like liars dice work.

https://www.random.org/dice/

Its got a timestamp and everything. So after a round you can send screen caps if there is dispute.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Need help with thinking out a game I came up with. The concept is there I think but I need more. Maybe a few extra eyeball can help me flesh it out.

Herth’s Hold

Each player rolls two dice and keeps them secret. (Rolled on https://www.random.org/dice/) than puts both dice into one of the two pots on the table. (Still hidden, as a message to ‘the House” player) Than The bet gose around the table as to which pot has the most value.

Variations:
  • Bet on the high/low of each pot in addition