Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Game Concepts, Ideas & Suggestions

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Hey there!

As cherbert just set up this forum for Game Development (which we are highly grateful for) I thought there should be a thread in here, otherwise it'd be pretty dumb... Having a forum with threads... Anyways...

This is a thread where you can post any game ideas, concepts, showcase any games you're working on, or even suggest a small game idea which someone might take up the task to make real. We are quite a few developers in this community, apparently, so why not have some fun with it?

If you have a concept for a game you want to make, a game you already made that you want to show off or if you have a suggestion which you would like to see turned into a game, then post here. I'm sure some developer would eventually take up one of your ideas if he sees it possible.

:)

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
I have a game idea I'm working on... very slowly. Will post it in this forum later. It's quite different from Amberfell, the game I started last year but have on ice at the moment.

JustTooRadical

Lord of Altera
The Hunger Games, as a game.
A bit like Runescape, you join a Game, when it's starting, and you wait for 60 seconds, then run for the Cornu.
You can use the environment for your advantage, killing squirrels, rabbits, foxes, all dat jazz.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
The Hunger Games, as a game.
A bit like Runescape, you join a Game, when it's starting, and you wait for 60 seconds, then run for the Cornu.
You can use the environment for your advantage, killing squirrels, rabbits, foxes, all dat jazz.
Bit like Runescape in its controls, layout and camera-movement?
I've always found that to be quite an interesting style. Its not spectacular in the slightest, but it works and it works well! When I get more skilled in coding, I may actually have to design a game with that style...

As a matter of fact, does anyone know what that would be called? The way it is designed and all?

Anithola

Lord of Altera
A concept for a game that ive had in mind for a while :p ( yes, this is the same as I posted in the "gamemaker" thread)

A mix of WoW, Pokemon and Skyrim.

You would start off in a small vale/town where you would learn how to catch your first wurmple or whatever as well as getting your starter. It would be a third person over the shoulder game where you could find and catch pokemon just like in the original games, just here they are harder to come across and you would actually have to use your spells/abilities properly in a real time fast paced brawl rather than a turn based standarn pokemon game limited to 4 moves.

Eventually you could go into pvp leagues etc and battle for prizes and rating. You would also have the ability to travel to other continents and discover powerful pokemon.

I would have the scale be something like 1:8 from a regular pokemon game, because come on... whats adventurey about running for 20 seconds and woop you are at the next town?

mistaahh

Lord of Altera
I'm also, after deleting my thread, posting some ideas here..
I'll post titles and brief descriptions here..

Hostility: A broken world(Post apocaliptyc action)
We are in the year of 2055, we have nothing.
The world is broken by terraforming by a hostile, alien race, we don't know anything about them.
Resistance is futile, but we heard of a weapon, hidden away, somewhere. Wich can bring back earth to normal, and defeat the alien race.
But we don't know what it is.
For all we know, it might even destroy humanity, or, what's left of them.

Black Arrow(Medieval rpg)
Welcome to Gildan, the land of the seven dreams, the land of freedom. Your story, begins in the country of Domin, the city where you grew up, and where your life actually started. The demons have retreated to the red tower, and live is at piece, you're a child, and didn't see the last invasion. But now, humanity is rebuilding it's towns, restationing it's garrisons.
You've been selected by the king's marksmen, a shady group of special soldiers, who spy, and fight for the current king, Alsitair II.

Angryboy

Hostility: A broken world(Post apocaliptyc action)
We are in the year of 2055, we have nothing.
The world is broken by terraforming by a hostile, alien race, we don't know anything about them.
Resistance is futile, but we heard of a weapon, hidden away, somewhere. Wich can bring back earth to normal, and defeat the alien race.
But we don't know what it is.
For all we know, it might even destroy humanity, or, what's left of them.
Sounds awesome!
But, question, what sort of terraforming are we talking about?
Like full-on landscaping or are we talking about lasering everything (Glassing in Halo)?

Black Arrow(Medieval rpg)
Welcome to Gildan, the land of the seven dreams, the land of freedom. Your story, begins in the country of Domin, the city where you grew up, and where your life actually started. The demons have retreated to the red tower, and live is at piece, you're a child, and didn't see the last invasion. But now, humanity is rebuilding it's towns, restationing it's garrisons.
You've been selected by the king's marksmen, a shady group of special soldiers, who spy, and fight for the current king, Alsitair II.
Please, no more orphan-assassins with God-like reflects!
Otherwise, this sounds epic! From the description, it sounds like it would play in a similar way to "Dark Messiah of Might and Magic", quite a good game really. You should check it out!

mistaahh

Lord of Altera
Different creatures need different biotopes, and different lifeconditions..

A hostile race, changed it without even asking earth..

I'll be sending everything in a pm later..

Angryboy

Different creatures need different biotopes, and different lifeconditions..

A hostile race, changed it without even asking earth..

I'll be sending everything in a pm later..
Sounds interesting, I'll look forward to more details :D
I'm guessing the aliens terraformed to suit their own needs then?
Sort of like in Halo, the Jackals and Grunts hate each other due to a war between them involving habitats and such.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Penal Conscripts (as in, bad by choice >_>)

A cartoon third person shooter based on the Eastern Front of the Second World War about a Russian penal squad which is basically sent in to the worst places imaginable with clear attempts of High Command to get rid of them. Your team will have to do many missions ranging from Defence of Moscow and Stalingrad, through charging into an SS camp, guns blazing, trying to kill a general and cause as much destruction as possible, to sticking the red flag upon the Reichstag building or launching a V3 rocket at Hitler's escape car... with Hitler inside of it (Obvious fiction >_>).
The game would be pretty basic, but it'd be more about the fun. Something along the lines of Team Fortress 2, the Outfit (THQ game for Xbox 360) or Battlefield Heroes, or even perhaps alongside Borderlands.
The team would consist of six people, the sniper, the machinegunner, the commander, the anti-tank rifleman, the medic and the rifleman which always screws up. The names would usually be humorous plays on Russian names. The campaign could either be played in singleplayer or in coop mode. The multiplayer would also have gamemodes such as capture the flag, destroy the base or team deathmatch.
As you can imagine, the game wouldn't require much thinking... at all... just some brainless shooter, like many others.

mrbuddyz

Villager
An 8-bit 2d platformer based in medieval times and there is only one level but it is a very large level with 50-200 different ways to complete. that or more than just one with like 30-50 ways. You could complete it with just one play through doing each level only once but there would be bonus levels for finding every way in every level. Or one bonus level for each level. And each level would have a different amount of creative ways to complete it and it doesn't tell you how many there are so you never know how close you are to completing the level, but it will tell you when you do.

mrbuddyz

Villager
i just like the older and even more retro feel of 8-bit games. I guess everyone can be satisfied by minecraft's default textures being 16-bit and then having 8-bit skins and mobs. Although i have seen/heard of hd skins, but i've never found out how its done.

mrbuddyz

Villager
It may also be that you have just gotten used to the 16-bit textures of Minecraft and now you just feel like its the better resolution. I'm honestly not sure why i prefer 8-bit, it's just what was in my head when i was thinking about it. I suppose that it could be 16-bit if you wanted to make it sort of an exploration game within each level but i was mostly focusing on the puzzle side of the game and that made me pay less attention to how it would actually as a game.

Puskins123

Lord of Altera
Ahem *Cough*
Travel Simulator [Insert year when i start making it]
Youl be thinking all stupid stuff like mining simulator but i had this weird idea while going on a walk.
You make your charecther ugly as crap Beautiful like you want to and you explore the whole world. Like the real life world. You go to china do parkour etc. Or the name can be Real Life Simulator :p Where if you blody feel like it get a gun and shot a random person. It could feture MP and people could make rp servers and have fun.

Puskins123

Lord of Altera