Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Game Concepts, Ideas & Suggestions

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Ahem *Cough*
Travel Simulator [Insert year when i start making it]
Youl be thinking all stupid stuff like mining simulator but i had this weird idea while going on a walk.
You make your charecther ugly as crap Beautiful like you want to and you explore the whole world. Like the real life world. You go to china do parkour etc. Or the name can be Real Life Simulator :p Where if you blody feel like it get a gun and shot a random person. It could feture MP and people could make rp servers and have fun.
You don't want to know how many times I've thought about that.

But it's a really big project and would take years.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Penal Conscripts (as in, bad by choice >_>)

A cartoon third person shooter based on the Eastern Front of the Second World War about a Russian penal squad which is basically sent in to the worst places imaginable with clear attempts of High Command to get rid of them. Your team will have to do many missions ranging from Defence of Moscow and Stalingrad, through charging into an SS camp, guns blazing, trying to kill a general and cause as much destruction as possible, to sticking the red flag upon the Reichstag building or launching a V3 rocket at Hitler's escape car... with Hitler inside of it (Obvious fiction >_>).
The game would be pretty basic, but it'd be more about the fun. Something along the lines of Team Fortress 2, the Outfit (THQ game for Xbox 360) or Battlefield Heroes, or even perhaps alongside Borderlands.
The team would consist of six people, the sniper, the machinegunner, the commander, the anti-tank rifleman, the medic and the rifleman which always screws up. The names would usually be humorous plays on Russian names. The campaign could either be played in singleplayer or in coop mode. The multiplayer would also have gamemodes such as capture the flag, destroy the base or team deathmatch.
As you can imagine, the game wouldn't require much thinking... at all... just some brainless shooter, like many others.
Hmm...

*writes down in notes*

Jupa15

Settling in Altera
Exactly! People making it would turn mad! And if it does get done it would make millions. (Or fail horibly)

Well, if you got a team of say 20 programmers they each work on something different, you have sufficient graphics decent music and terrain that you can break ( Who doesn't like breaking things? ) and enough funds to make it, then it would be the most amazing game ever, the only problem is the time line on how long it would take. To make it good, it would probably take a decade or so just to not only get allll the programming you need, but also to make sure it fully works with out bugs.

Luckily, this is my goal, one day, i hope to have something like this done.
one day.
one.
Day.

Puskins123

Lord of Altera
Well, if you got a team of say 20 programmers they each work on something different, you have sufficient graphics decent music and terrain that you can break ( Who doesn't like breaking things? ) and enough funds to make it, then it would be the most amazing game ever, the only problem is the time line on how long it would take. To make it good, it would probably take a decade or so just to not only get allll the programming you need, but also to make sure it fully works with out bugs.

Luckily, this is my goal, one day, i hope to have something like this done.
one day.
one.
Day.

This is just mad to do.

Puskins123

Lord of Altera
Well if this game would be made. It would be a slight bit of freerunning at the start. For instance programing the buildings. The player all that shiz. Making one city. After that is done 2 cities with a 5 km distance. Then more Then a country then another country then a continent. Then the North Pole. And boom.

Jupa15

Settling in Altera
Well if this game would be made. It would be a slight bit of freerunning at the start. For instance programing the buildings. The player all that shiz. Making one city. After that is done 2 cities with a 5 km distance. Then more Then a country then another country then a continent. Then the North Pole. And boom.

Oh making the map would be the easiest part.
The hard part is being able to run the map with no lag, and make it destructible,
Add some cool things to do~
I plan on just making it small, with a very detailed map maker.
That way the community can make maps they want.
But, that is for the future, and now, i plan for present.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Oh making the map would be the easiest part.
The hard part is being able to run the map with no lag, and make it destructible,
Add some cool things to do~
I plan on just making it small, with a very detailed map maker.
That way the community can make maps they want.
But, that is for the future, and now, i plan for present.

Making stuff destructible would be quite difficult, I'd imagine; though possible.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
I was also thinking you could do something a bit like nation states, we seem to have a bit of a fan base there, just expand it from a text only point of view.

The game would work in the same principles but with changes

1. Real time. This would mean that we would run things like revolts and parades in real time. You can set up responses and other things to react to these thing such as have production stop when revolts are active
2. Production. This would work by actually running in real time, much like it is currently in the world, you then can control the stock that is produced.

This is just an idea but if anyone is interested, I would be happy to collaborate with them

Angryboy

I've actually been considering making a text-based browser game for some time, but doubt I have the necessary skills to make it work online. I could easily handle a text-based game and have actually made a simple combat simulator in that style.

My basis was actually from the UrbanDead game, which I played a few months ago and tried getting a handful of other players here onto. I gotta say, I was quite pro at it after a while and managed to revive an entire Mall a few times.

But yeah, what did you have in mind for this text-based game? I could give it a shot, or at least help brainstorm some ideas.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Well I am learning programming as of now and plan to continue learning it, also in two other of my classes we are gonna do some web design. I also might be able to get a server. It's basically a mix of NationStates and HOI3 in a sense. Pm me if your interested in going somewhere with this

Angryboy

I've already got a free domain. It will work for the purposes and getting it truly unlimited wouldn't cost that much with a kind bit of donations. I have no idea what HOI3 is, and its good to hear you're learning how to program, but what language?

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
I've already got a free domain. It will work for the purposes and getting it truly unlimited wouldn't cost that much with a kind bit of donations. I have no idea what HOI3 is, and its good to hear you're learning how to program, but what language?
Currently at school we are only starting, but I get the general gist of how it works . My father is a rather good and he will be able to teach me whatever you are good to go with. Also HOI3 is a ww2 simulator that gives you almost full control over everything and displays it onto a map. You can control anything from production to politics to espionage to war. Maybe a mix of something like that but has a more civil side to it

Edit: we were only learning Vb but we are starting web design

Angryboy

Currently at school we are only starting, but I get the general gist of how it works . My father is a rather good and he will be able to teach me whatever you are good to go with. Also HOI3 is a ww2 simulator that gives you almost full control over everything and displays it onto a map. You can control anything from production to politics to espionage to war. Maybe a mix of something like that but has a more civil side to it
I see... okay that might be a bit more complex.

I've figured a way that I can make Unity work in a browser-player, a lot of games use that method so its quite useful for developers to handle things that way. I quite like the micro-management games, so I could try to give it a shot but can't promise anything about it. If you want, I can show you some good programming techniques, though I'd hate to interfere with what you're being taught.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
I see... okay that might be a bit more complex.

I've figured a way that I can make Unity work in a browser-player, a lot of games use that method so its quite useful for developers to handle things that way. I quite like the micro-management games, so I could try to give it a shot but can't promise anything about it. If you want, I can show you some good programming techniques, though I'd hate to interfere with what you're being taught.
Don't worry about interfering. The teacher sucks and I already know the most of it. *pats dad on the back* I also plan to start working with unity in my spare time so that will be good. I am gonna be shot out to school camp this week so I will talk more next weekend. But would really like to collaborate with you to get this going

Angryboy

Alright well a word of advice regarding Unity-for-beginners, it can take a while before you realize just what it is you're doing with it.
And I look forward to working with you too, though I think we should brainstorm some ideas first. I'll see if I can get a team together :D

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Alright well a word of advice regarding Unity-for-beginners, it can take a while before you realize just what it is you're doing with it.
And I look forward to working with you too, though I think we should brainstorm some ideas first. I'll see if I can get a team together :D
Ok, thanks for the advice and im a gonna go start brainstorming my way to sleep for that damn camp