Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Gamer_mec's Application [approved - mokwar]

Gamer_mec

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Gamer_Mec

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
'Merica

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes, I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information you learned out of character, in character. Its taking information that your character shouldn't know and using it to their advantage.
Powergaming is making your character overpowered.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No!

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cukie

8. Tell us about yourself!
I like gaming, reading, etc. In school I excel at American History, and find the stories of our history to be incredibly interesting.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Not at the moment.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
My friend, AmparoCastaway, told me about you.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
Amplius Calavius

Character Age:

Character Race:
Dwarf

Appearance:
Amplius, standing at 4 foot 2, is heavyset, he weighs approximately 170 lbs, with a large, full black beard covering majority of his cheeky face. Atop his head rests no hair, simply his shining scalp. His stocky arms and short legs sway as he moves and his the scar just beneath his left eye twitches often in the sunlight. His stomach is full and lively, clearly from the afternoon's ale in which he enjoys daily.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Trying to get a custom skin, but not sure that plan will work out.

Written Test!
The scar under Amplius' left eye scrunched, his skin almost wilted, under the hot Sun in mid-Summer Astrakhan. In his off hand lay a jug, filled to the brim with hard ale, and in the other the hilt of a rusted steel dagger. The Calavius man had worked hard, weekly, nightly, on the city's aqueducts. His hands blistered and bled in the humidity. Stuck in his teeth hid that stag he'd bowed down the day before. He stunk. He smelled like a hard-worked man; working in the hot and rarely bathing. With his lips cracked and bloody, he formed an "O" shape and began to whistle a soft, local tune he'd heard while working.

Sitting on that balcony of the inn, Amplius felt close to the sky. In Winter, the cold would intensify, and much the same with Summer's heat. Sweat trickled down every square inch of his exterior; he felt it in his pant legs and on his arms; he wiped it from his brows and from his beard. "Perhaps you'll be a hero yet, Amplius," the dwarf thought to himself. Ever since he was young, this is what he dreamed of. And now stories of the great Regent, Theodosius, striding off into battle, living in the very city in which he resides, it all inspired him.

From below the balcony, the old dwarf heard a woman’s shriek, young and fearful, “get off me!” Following this demand came grunts, these more masculine, then more resistance from the lady.

“What in the Gods’ names?” Amplius stood from his seat, he rested the ale to the side-table and returned his dagger to its sheath. He could see, from beyond the railing, a beautiful Asrakosian woman in a long flowing white dress pulling away from her husband, a man twice the height of Amplius and clearly bigger-headed. It took him a moment, deciding whether or not to intervene, but in the end he decided it’d be best. Amplius strode down the stairway, carrying his massiveness with ease and glory, through the door and out to the couple. “‘Scuze me,” he began, trotting to the gentleman. Amplius could see the Asrakosian’s knuckles were white with their grasp around his wife’s arm. “Everything alright here?”

Instantly, the woman turned a bright crimson in the face. “Yes,” she stuttered, once again giving a pull aside from her husband, but he relented. “Yes everything is fine.”

The woman’s husband unhanded her, violently and forcefull, the woman was shoved to the side and he man now stood directly above the short dwarf. His leer downward, Amplius could smell the man’s alcoholic breath and see his rotting teeth. “You think somethin’s ‘ta matta ‘ere?”

Amplius glared at him with disgust, though he knew ale accompanied every word uttered from his own mouth. “You should treat your lady better, no?”

“‘What ‘ta mean by ‘tat?!”

“I think you should be more gentle. You're wife here, she's beautiful. Leave the lions to the hunters, don't give them butterflies.”

The man spat down at the dwarf. “‘Ta hell ya mean, buta’flies an’ pocha’s?” Without warning, without chance of response, he grabbed with both hands Amplius’ fruitful beard. The dwarf stood still; he knew he could fight if he must, but he’d prefer against it.

“Julius,” the woman croaked, her voice broken and right palm nervously rubbing the left elbow, “let him go. Now.”

The man released Amplius and again spat down at him. Phlegm gathered in the dwarf’s black beard. The couple walked off. Amplius Calavius declared himself what of a hero.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.