Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Gauging Interest in Compendium

Hey all,

As the title says, I am gauging the market for interest in Compendium. It would come with the entire collection of books (which comprised of the Thiil and Tambry libraries) plus all copies, as well as the ooc and ic artifacts I've collected, including a nether star, a beacon, a bedrock, a fair amount of endstone, and lots and lots of named items of varying historical significance. It also comes with an Embassy space in Spawn, paid for a year in advance for 42k, that is right next to the port to Compendium and a premier dock location. Also, the new Archive was a pretty expensive and time-consuming build.

The right buyer would keep the collection where it is, would keep the place active, and would have the time needed to manage the region and add some tasteful builds. The right buyer would also be interested in keeping the region unaffiliated and neutral, at least ICly.

I am looking for offers of at least the full plot value, as the full plot refund is a thing, but this is a very rare opportunity to acquire a collection that is literally years in the making, a combination of the hard work of several people, myself included. With that being said, I am expecting that an offer might come in that is significantly more than the full plot value. If some of the "right buyer" attributes are missing, I might expect more compensation to make up for it (i.e. if you're planning to scrap the region and move the collection to your private dungeon never to be seen again, I may not necessarily say no, but I'd expect that sort of offer to be significantly higher in order to beat out an offer that is less but will keep everything intact.

Trades may be considered, and if you're really after just the region and not the collection, do contact me and we might be able to reach an agreement.

I reserve the right to accept whatever offer I want, for whatever reason. I also reserve the right to not accept any offers at all. This is not an auction. There are no start dates, no end dates, no bidding, and no buy it now options. This is merely a solicitation of offers.

People might ask, "But Antilogy, why are you selling Compendium... you just bought it!" They would be correct, I bought it. I came out of "retirement" to buy it. I thought it would rejuvenate my interest in RP. So far it has not. The region has not been as active as I want it to be, I think because I have not been as active as I want to be. It has so much potential, but I don't think I am the right person to keep it. I believe, for this community, my talents are more useful elsewhere. And so, I see if anybody is interested.

If you are interested, feel free to drop a comment below, or if you want to keep your interest quiet, send me a pm or skype message. Do provide your plans for the region, your offer, the ic affiliation, and other pertinent information, such as "I have years worth of artifacts that I would add to the collection if I bought it."

If it does not sell, I may be in the market for a region manager. I might also consider the idea of moving the Archive to Storm's Landing for consolidation's sake.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
You didn't wanna sell me a nether stat but you do sell it as package deal

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
The moment your mind, heart and guts say "YES!" but your /money says "Nope." :c

Those artifacts though

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Also; what is the plot value even?
Im pretty sure its out of my league but hey, curious.
Antilogy

As far as I know it is the same number of plots as it had during niahs auction. 266 plots. will confirm when i next log in.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Publicly mentioning that I think the collection of archives is worth preserving and something I'd be willing to curate as a public good in spawn in the event someone goes in for just the region as Niah's work on it was cool, I just wasn't (And still am not, really) too into the game. I like archives.

As in all cases where I volunteer for lore-related stuff, if someone else wants to do a competent job of it, please go with them first and leave me as a last resort. It's a job I'll do cause I think it's important, not because I want to.

I should add, it also comes with a town storage that includes enough supplies to keep the ball rolling. The supplies are 100% separate from Tambry resources.

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
I mean...I /think/ I could buy it but A. I won't be active enough once school ends because I'm getting a job during the summer and B. I would literally have no money left and would be poor and not able to expand or do anything for quite awhile until I get my money up. .

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Anti you binch sell me that nether star

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
What exactly does this mean for the people that have properties there? I still have the hospital there.

What exactly does this mean for the people that have properties there? I still have the hospital there.
Right now it doesn't mean a thing. If a deal is reached, it will be up to the buyer. My preference is for them to honor existing agreements, as I have. That being said, I have not seen a lot of activity at said hospital. One of the reasons I feel compelled to solicit offers is because the region just feels less active than I would like it to be. If it were more active I would be less likely to want out. I have speculated that my lack of popularity may be stifling activity as well.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Right now it doesn't mean a thing. If a deal is reached, it will be up to the buyer. My preference is for them to honor existing agreements, as I have. That being said, I have not seen a lot of activity at said hospital.
Because I've been busy with other projects and the main physician of that hospital is Tzemik. Michcat hasn't been able to be too active due to her college. I haven't even been able to RP regularly because of said project.

Michcat